IGNORED

Lee's after match interview

Major Isewater

I notice he made reference to the defensive naivity of a certain 19 year old defender for their goal..

No mention of his managerial naivity though was there? Had 3 chances to make a sub before they scored, left it and left it. That substitution would have killed off the ascendancy that Millwall were on. Blokes a clown. Gone past being bothered now.

At the moment I get more excitement checking how many fantasy premier league points I've got this weekend than I do my own bloody team. 

1 hour ago, ColeCiderRed said:

I notice he made reference to the defensive naivity of a certain 19 year old defender for their goal..

No mention of his managerial naivity though was there? Had 3 chances to make a sub before they scored, left it and left it. That substitution would have killed off the ascendancy that Millwall were on. Blokes a clown. Gone past being bothered now.

At the moment I get more excitement checking how many fantasy premier league points I've got this weekend than I do my own bloody team. 

That annoyed me too.

When is he ever gonna call-out a senior player?  Never!  Frightened of the backlash.  Kelly gave him some backchat the other week, and he dropped him.  You can do that with a youngster - (quote he’s 18 or 19, might’ve had his 20th birthday), when you’re a bit full of yourself.  

Hes certainly going the right way about pissing off our joint most saleable asset (Webster the other).

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That annoyed me too.

When is he ever gonna call-out a senior player?  Never!  Frightened of the backlash.  Kelly gave him some backchat the other week, and he dropped him.  You can do that with a youngster - (quote he’s 18 or 19, might’ve had his 20th birthday), when you’re a bit full of yourself.  

Hes certainly going the right way about pissing off our joint most saleable asset (Webster the other).

He said the same thing about Kelly in the Club post match I/v so it’s not even a slip / error

He also said on stage at the forum that LK has cost us a few goals ‘but that will happen with young players’  , which is to some degree true but don’t use that as an easy let out for yourself 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He said the same thing about Kelly in the Club post match I/v so it’s not even a slip / error

He also said on stage at the forum that LK has cost us a few goals ‘but that will happen with young players’  , which is to some degree true but don’t use that as an easy let out for yourself 

Did you ask lj about the balance of the squad at the forum, Bob? You mentioned it earlier in this thread

If I was trying to create a budget for improving the squad in January and having no sentiment, here’s who I’d be touting:

• Fielding - might get £250k
  • Baker (recall Vyner) - might get £2.5m
  • Pisano (Vyner as cover) - free (wages saved only)
  • Hegeler - Free (wages saved only)
  • Paterson - £500k (same as we paid for him_
  • O’Dowda (contract expiry) - £1m
  • Diedhiou - £3m/4m
  • Taylor - £500k

Not the war chest to go and improve the squad massively.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was trying to create a budget for improving the squad in January and having no sentiment, here’s who I’d be touting:

• Diedhiou - £3m/4m
  • Taylor - £500k

Even being optimistic on fees and managing to sell them all , that’s about 9 million

have tbh , even with 6 or 7 million to spend on a striker , I’m not sure what’s aboit at the moment or what we’d get for that

Watching Hugill last night I thought ‘How much did West Ham pay for him’ 

He’s ‘ok’ but wouldn’t want to spend much more than 2-3 million on him and he won’t go for that

it of a gamble but I wonder whether we could get Hogan at a reasonsble fee and get him going again

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Even being optimistic on fees and managing to sell them all , that’s about 9 million

have tbh , even with 6 or 7 million to spend on a striker , I’m not sure what’s aboit at the moment or what we’d get for that

Watching Hugill last night I thought ‘How much did West Ham pay for him’ 

He’s ‘ok’ but wouldn’t want to spend much more than 2-3 million on him and he won’t go for that

it of a gamble but I wonder whether we could get Hogan at a reasonsble fee and get him going again

I’d love hogan down here but wages would be a stumbling block I’m sure. More likely we will let Johnson waste the money on more punts.

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

I’d love hogan down here but wages would be a stumbling block I’m sure. More likely we will let Johnson waste the money on more punts.

Wouldn’t think he’s on way more than we were paying Tomlin 

SLs reluctance to pay the wages is fine if you recruit well as the player retains or gains in value

The money lost on Engvalls  fee alone would , I’d  surmise come close to paying Hogans wages for 2 years

There’s more than one way to waste the budget Steve ........ 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

SLs reluctance to pay the wages is fine if you recruit well as the player retains or gains in value

The money lost on Engvalls  fee alone would , I’d  surmise come close to paying Hogans wages for 2 years

Sacking the manager?

3 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Maybe as an expensive loan deal???

Maguire at Preston is similar, but they’ve just lost Robinson through injury.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

£35k pw was quoted 

His comment about us being duena bit of luck annoyed me for some reason. We got lucky with the OG today. We also got lucky at Ipswich with another OG, one that Paterson didn’t exactly hit sweetly at the keeper which found its way in (possibly a bit harsh) and the third came off a defender straight to FD. We had plenty of luck. 

Be nice to see him play Weimann or Eisa up top before he tries to justify buying another striker for a big fee. Eisa, Weimann and Diedhiou combine to what, £8.5m? Play 2 of those 3 up top. Bin off Paterson. Actually go for a game with a team that could get more than a shot on target for the 90 minutes.

Eisa looked raw today...and maybe he is.

But he was raw at Cheltenham too.

He’s a goalscorer from the bits I've seen and has got to be worth a go.  He doesn’t need to be involved too much in the build up just get into that 6 yard box like Tammy.

7 hours ago, David Brent said:

I’d like to see Lee give a summary of each of his 40+ signings before he’s allowed to spend any more.

Under strengths you've just put accounts.

"To what extent do you believe that you have the skills and knowledge to perform your job effectively? Not at all. To some extent. Very much so. Don't know?"

"Don't know."

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That annoyed me too.

That's because the player who was tracking the goalscorer and then gave up 30 yards out from goal was paterson.

Just imagine, all the shit paterson must have on Johnson would for sure come out if he was criticised in the media like kelly was. 

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He said “trade”.

That means players going out to get players in imho.

I see it as that too. I think he is working on the one out one in policy.

As previously mentioned players like Baker can’t be happy to play so little. Lots of rumours about CoD’s contract and his lack of game time too. What about players like Hegler, no sell on value  but taking a wage here and we clearly aren’t using him. Until recently I might have included the now back in favour Pisanno too.

Who else has been mentioned, Diedhiou is a bit of a strange one. Our expensive signing who certainly has regressed rather than progressed, fans getting impatient with him but we won’t get anything like the money we paid for him back. LJ feels he can get him going again, so I guess he has to stay.

Only players like Kelly and Ellison will be attracting scouts, oh and Webster. Not many in a squad is it. Especially as every season we have feared losing players like Flint, Bryan, Pack and more recently Reid and even Frankie.

• Diedhiou - £3m/4m
  • Taylor - £500k

That would certainly free up a lot of wages, I cannot see anyone buying Famara for £3 million though, think we have lost a lot of value on him. It would be nice to trim the squad and give some players a chance, but more importantly bring in one or two quality players.

I have no problem with buying untried potential talent, having a pathway for our youngsters and selling players as they reach their peak potential - but it needs to be done smartly. We need one or two seasoned players to be role models/tutors to those players, players who will be City through and through whilst here (ideally long term), as well as one or two quality players who can make things happen (they could be the same seasoned pro's) and then build the rest of the team around that. We just won't accomplish anything with a team full of average/or below players. If we want a assembly line of talent, joining, progressing and being sold at a profit we need the templates and master molds to build them from. 

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not quite as bad as the Radio Bristol one

**** me

Look at that shifty eye contact between total lack of it!

Looks like a convicted drug dealer pulled over by the cops with 3kg of speed in his dashboard.

"Not mine Guv, honest"

Bluffer, bullshi**er and sadly the fall-guy until Lansdown sells up and buggers off.

Really glad I bought 2 air-tickets for my annual 2 game visit next year.

Not.

A fish rots from the head down.

Until the board sell up, take the profits and bugger off - this is as good as it's going to get.

We used to own Bristol City Football Club, and Ashton Gate - now we have to ask for permission to wave a bloody flag and stand up.

Bristol sport can **** right off.

• Diedhiou - £3m/4m
  • Taylor - £500k

I didn’t see this post before I just put my thoughts, we’ve come up with some similar names though. I’m not saying I’m right, just wanted to be clear I wasn’t ‘copying’ as such. :laugh:

Just now, SX227 said:

**** me

Look at that shifty eye contact between total lack of it!

Looks like a convicted drug dealer pulled over by the cops with 3kg of speed in his dashboard.

"Not mine Guv, honest"

Bluffer, bullshi**er and sadly the fall-guy until Lansdown sells up and buggers off.

Really glad I bought 2 air-tickets for my annual 2 game visit next year.

Not.

A fish rots from the head down.

Until the board sell up, take the profits and bugger off - this is as good as it's going to get.

We used to own Bristol City Football Club, and Ashton Gate - now we have to ask for permission to wave a bloody flag and stand up.

Bristol sport can **** right off.

What I find sad is the number of  posters who are dye in wool fans who feel this way (I’m clearly one as frustrated mate)

Why ?

I think it’s because over the years we’ve seen snippets of feast , but mainly famine ....struggles and fight .... but we’ve never been or have been , in such a position to progress as a club as we have done in recent times ......and it seems like those opportunities  are ,( and have been)  wasted atm 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It is harsh to call out Kelly when he, on the other hand,  is encouraged to go forward and sometimes almost single-handledly produce an attack. LJ conveniently forgets all the good influences he produces in a game and chooses to criticise mistakes. He doesn’t defend alone. A bit of a Magnusson moment often Preston perhaps, I hope not.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

It is harsh to call out Kelly when he, on the other hand,  is encouraged to go forward and sometimes almost single-handledly produce an attack. LJ conveniently forgets all the good influences he produces in a game and chooses to criticise mistakes. He doesn’t defend alone. A bit of a Magnússon moment often Preston perhaps, I hope not.

@Davefevs rightly regularly picks up on this M 

He only calls out or aims criticism the younger players publicly, never a senior player

If he thinks that’s a clever move , I’d suggest it’s not, decent older pros in the dressing room will pick up on it and be just as p’d off with it as if they were being criticised themselves, particularly when it’s popular / likeable characters as in Hörður and Lloyd

(Can’t believe at the forum he was bemoaning losing Hörður- he never trusted him when he was here)

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

It is harsh to call out Kelly when he, on the other hand,  is encouraged to go forward and sometimes almost single-handledly produce an attack. LJ conveniently forgets all the good influences he produces in a game and chooses to criticise mistakes. He doesn’t defend alone. A bit of a Magnússon moment often Preston perhaps, I hope not.

Obviously we're not privy to what is said and goes on behind the scenes, but it almost seems like a case of bullying....pick on the weakest kid. Anyone with a bit of experience and a stronger personality would call him out and probably stand up to him. They then just get sidelined eg Tomlin, O'Neil. 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's bollocks, Morrison is a wily old campaigner who gets the better of even the best defenders (and some Prem ones a couple of seasons ago in the FA Cup).

Yes Lloyd was naive to drop off him expecting him to control it on the edge of the box and then close him down, rather than challenge immediately to prevent the header on, but someone still needs to track the actual runner from midfield or step up into his lane and disrupt the run. Neither of which were for Lloyd to do as full back.

As @bobbyhutchscurlymullet said, whoever missed that (and lets be honest we've had weeks of them all standing off opposition runs) bears as much if not more responsibility, but our head coach takes the easy way out by picking on Lloyd. Same as he has always done with Eliasson and Magnússon before him. What's the connection?

Archived