IGNORED

Weimann

Dredd

Can see now why Derby were playing him wide. Just doesn’t look like scoring. Without looking it up I cannot remember the last time he scored. 

For someone who was supposed to be Reid’s replacement it’s been a waste of money. Turning into another poor signing

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Can see now why Derby were playing him wide. Just doesn’t look like scoring. Without looking it up I cannot remember the last time he scored. 

For someone who was supposed to be Reid’s replacement it’s been a waste of money. Turning into another poor signing

Certainly hit poor form in front of goal. Personally think him and Taylor are our best partnership upfront 

Going to don my tin hat on this one

I think we make Weimann look poor and for the money we paid he’s a decent enough signing

One of the few with a footballing brain and you can see the extra quality in a lot of his touches (IMHO)

I watched the Ipswich game in detail twice at end of week and he worked his nuts off and if everyone had done their job as well as he did his we’d be much better

Doesnt help .....playing with Taylor, .....playing on his own, ....playing with Famara....., playing as a 10 , .....playing as the frontman;, .....l.lplaying wide right.......

I think he looks a bit fed up and jacked off, and I can’t blame him

When Weimann scored 5 in 5, City fans went on the Derby web board and said "We've turned him into a striker, it's working, maybe we have got the best of him, maybe you should not have sold him etc etc"

The Derby fans said "Sorry, not interested, we've moved on, don't care, don't miss him, don't think we have been fleeced, happy with our 2 million, best of luck to you, on we go."

I was quite surprised at their attitude at the time, but it looks like they were absolutely spot on. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think we make Weimann look poor and for the money we paid he’s a decent enough signing

One of the few with a footballing brain and you can see the extra quality in a lot of his touches (IMHO)

I watched the Ipswich game in detail twice at end of week and he worked his nuts off and if everyone had done their job as well as he did his we’d be much better

Doesnt help .....playing with Taylor, .....playing on his own, ....playing with Famara....., playing as a 10 , .....playing as the frontman;, .....l.lplaying wide right.......

I can't comment on today as I haven't seen it, but on Wednesday it was noticeable, particularly in the first half, that he was the only one pressing and trying to close Ipswich down when they had the ball at the back and getting very frustrated and remonstrating with Paterson, Adelakun etc that they weren't doing the same.

Just now, Northern Red said:

I can't comment on today as I haven't seen it, but on Wednesday it was noticeable, particularly in the first half, that he was the only one pressing and trying to close Ipswich down when they had the ball at the back and getting very frustrated and remonstrating with Paterson, Adelakun etc that they weren't doing the same.

And one of our goals (the second) came about after a quick / good first touch in the middle of the pitch and a swift ball on the half volley out to Elliasson , but it wasn’t commented on at all 

A piece of simple but neatly executed play / quality 

41 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

We need 2 upfront. Bin off Paterson and give Diedihou someone to work with. Weimann and Diedhiou up top together will surely result in more than 1 shot on target a game.

The problem is that if we really go 442, Lee knows teams will over-run our midfield 2. It’s a conundrum.  And he can’t solve it.  Two buzzing midfielders (one of them Korey) helps.

Average signings put in average performances and this is what we are getting with Weimann. Unfortunately you get what you pay for.. as ‘Ron Swanson’ says Marriot was the man but we decided to shop in aldi whilst others went up the road to waitrose!

Worked his socks off today. Got in great positions only to see the ball booted up to Diedhiou who had 2 huge defenders on him all afternoon. He’s got a great footballing brain & reads the game so well, unfortunately most of the team aren’t on his wavelength. It’s no coincidence that he was scoring regularly when we were playing the high tempo game with the ball on the ground at the start of the season. He’s looking more frustrated every game. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep. Made quite a few good runs in front of me in the Dolman first half. It was like they were ignoring him at times. Reality is we don’t have anyone that can spot his corver runs and if they can they don’t have the ability to make it. I felt bad for him today but only thing people will remember is the scuffed shot near the end. Briallant signing but we don’t have enough footballers around him. Our best footballers are defenders and as you get further forward the footballing ability gets lesser and lesser

Ah yes....the road runner....

just because someone works hard does not mean they have a footballing brain. He’s a great pro no question, work rate is phenomenal but sadly that’s all he offers.

As some have stated not helped by the constant tinkering with the side but I’m interested to know what people see in him that suggests he has a ‘footballing brain’!?

I really do admire the blokes work rate and commitment but that’s not always enough when you need to score or create chances.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I ran out of likes so I am forced to comment.

Weimann is a very good player. But we are a poor side. We created a few chances for him early in the season, now we are so utterly dross we cant find a shot on target.

Forwards thrive on service and Weimann gets none. So now we are playing him out wide, in the exact same way as Derby, which is not where he needs to be.

If we were better Weimann would get chances, but we tip tap around going nowhere with no pace, hoping that Eliasson or Kelly can do something to find a chance....Its hopeful football and Weimann is now fed up and I don't blame him. I'm fed up too!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I ran out of likes so I am forced to comment.

Weimann is a very good player. But we are a poor side. We created a few chances for him early in the season, now we are so utterly dross we cant find a shot on target.

Forwards thrive on service and Weimann gets none. So now we are playing him out wide, in the exact same way as Derby, which is not where he needs to be.

If we were better Weimann would get chances, but we tip tap around going nowhere with no pace, hoping that Eliasson or Kelly can do something to find a chance....Its hopeful football and Weimann is now fed up and I don't blame him. I'm fed up too!

Summed it up,well there

His footballing brain is seconds ahead of anyone else in a red shirt

I look at him and think imagine integrating him into a good side

We seem to think he’s going to do it for us on his own   - he’s not a worldly match winner , he’s a week in , week out 7/8 / 10 IMHO and a good and flexible component for a good side

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Summed it up,well there

His footballing brain is seconds ahead of anyone else in a red shirt

I look at him and think imagine integrating him into a good side

We seem to think he’s going to do it for us on his own   - he’s not a worldly match winner , he’s a week in , week out 7/8 / 10 IMHO and a good and flexible component for a good side

You certainly saw that early on in the season. I thought Pack had found his life partner. Pack was playing passes that Weimann anticipated and vice versa.

Now pack can not find a pass and neither can anyone else except to tip tap around in a paceless self defeating way as we inevitably lose the ball and get pushed back like today.

On that note LJ's comment identifying Kelly for not winning a three on one for their goal was fncking laughable nonsense. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

You certainly saw that early on in the season. I thought Pack had found his life partner. Pack was playing passes that Weimann anticipated and vice versa.

Now pack can not find a pass and neither can anyone else except to tip tap around in a paceless self defeating way as we inevitably lose the ball and get pushed back like today.

On that note LJ's comment identifying Kelly for not winning a three on one for their goal was fncking laughable nonsense. 

Said on a different thread - I thought Pack was pretty decent second half , found his rhythm and touch ,  and had IMHO his best 45 mins in weeks

He even rediscovered his give the eyes, reverse pass into someone’s feet in the pen area at one point

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said on a different thread - I thought Pack was pretty decent second half , found his rhythm and touch ,  and had IMHO his best 45 mins in weeks

He even rediscovered his give the eyes, reverse pass into someone’s feet in the pen area at one point

And I didn't disagree, but we are a long way off. We need to be playing at higher tempo for any of that to make a difference and the fact he has found a little today while his main target has been pushed wide highlights what has happened since August a loss of form for Pack and a loss of way for LJ (not sure which one is the chicken and which one is the egg). I hoped like you that Ipswich may be a catalyst, however obviously not...Deep Sigh! 

Archived