IGNORED

Weimann

Dredd

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The problem is that if we really go 442, Lee knows teams will over-run our midfield 2. It’s a conundrum.  And he can’t solve it.  Two buzzing midfielders (one of them Korey) helps.

Yeah- the only way I could see a 4-4-2 working would be if we were defensive, counterattacking 4-4-2. Like Millwall last season, or Birmingham this season but if we want attacking or front foot/dominant football then 4-4-2 will undoubtedly see us overrun

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah- the only way I could see a 4-4-2 working would be if we were defensive, counterattacking 4-4-2. Like Millwall last season, or Birmingham this season but if we want attacking or front foot/dominant football then 4-4-2 will undoubtedly see us overrun

Brum play their two with one target man - Jutkiewicz - a decent target man, with decent feet, who’s having his best scoring season because he’s got a manager who believes in him and Che Adams - a quick and powerful striker who can make a goal out of anything, can get the ball short or run behind (as Flint will testify).  It means the two central midfielders don’t have to be expansive.  Maghoma on the left is a tricky customer with an eye for a goal.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Brum play their two with one target man - Jutkiewicz - a decent target man, with decent feet, who’s having his best scoring season because he’s got a manager who believes in him and Che Adams - a quick and powerful striker who can make a goal out of anything, can get the ball short or run behind (as Flint will testify).  It means the two central midfielders don’t have to be expansive.  Maghoma on the left is a tricky customer with an eye for a goal.

I think Jota also can come inside in an attacking mid sense- that helps numerically, though Birmingham under Monk this year as a side really eschew possession- seem not to have much.

Maybe we're better without the ball, some of our best results this year have been when we've had <50%. Flies in the face of most of my football beliefs but that run of wins v Swansea, QPR, Blackburn, Sheff Utd under 50% off the top of my head. We had under 50% v Ipswich too, though the less said about that performance the better. Also has a lot to do with LJ and his tactics though IMO. Whereas v Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading and Preston we had >50%.

Watching yesterday from the south stand 2nd half countless times he would give the ball and run into space. Every time he did that our midfield mainly Pack, would control it, look around take a touch and play it back to our CB.

You could see Weimann getting more and more frustrated as this went on. This isn’t the first time this has happened seems to be most games now, surely our players or manager can see the runs being made so why aren’t they being utilised.

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

So at the start of the season, whilst playing as a striker he wasn't playing very well and more importantly scoring goals? It's only since LJ started moving him here, there and everywhere that his form has dropped.

He is not a striker. Like any attacking player he will score a few....but never be consistent enough to be called a striker 

15 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

He is not a striker. Like any attacking player he will score a few....but never be consistent enough to be called a striker 

Whether you or anyone else think he's a striker or not he was doing a great job of impersonating one before LJ started tinkering.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:36, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said on a different thread - I thought Pack was pretty decent second half , found his rhythm and touch ,  and had IMHO his best 45 mins in weeks

He even rediscovered his give the eyes, reverse pass into someone’s feet in the pen area at one point

Decent ? I think Pack had perhaps the worst game ever. I've said in the Marlon thread, that I have tons of time for him but his current 'play it slow and safe' style is literally killing those around him. It is relevant on this thread as I don't think he spotted even one of Weinmann's runs - of which there were in excess of 30 !!. Pack sits so deep and tends to pick up most balls from the back 4. It's as if someone then presses SLOWMO as he ponders forward, giving it the right eyes and always passing left. He really short changed Weinmann on Sunday

8 hours ago, Kevin Brady said:

Decent ? I think Pack had perhaps the worst game ever. I've said in the Marlon thread, that I have tons of time for him but his current 'play it slow and safe' style is literally killing those around him. It is relevant on this thread as I don't think he spotted even one of Weinmann's runs - of which there were in excess of 30 !!. Pack sits so deep and tends to pick up most balls from the back 4. It's as if someone then presses SLOWMO as he ponders forward, giving it the right eyes and always passing left. He really short changed Weinmann on Sunday

But in the second half it was Pack as the slightly more advanced CM that committed himself into a 40:60 tackle with 2 Millwall players, coming away with the ball, instantly setting Eliasson free to cross for our first goal.

After that he went into his shell for 10-15 minutes, playing unnecessary give and goes as we lost momentum.  He want the only one.  We showed our lack of underbelly by not going for the jugular at 1-0.

Archived