IGNORED

Dear SL

Dolman Block B

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Now i now/we know you continue to give the current coach your backing but in all my years in following this football club i have never heard so much anger towards his management.

In pubs and clubs i hear no support for the guy at all.

His after match comments are embarrasing to us die hards.

A win at Ipswich which was nothing short of an awful display followed by this rubbish today, we all struggle to understand why you let it continue?

The attendances are slowly getting lower, many many season ticket holders i know just aint bothering any more.

The problem being that even if we stay up, who will bother to back the club next season with LJ in charge?

Its your shout, your the owner, but trust me, as a man who mixes with many fans, there is so much unrest and many fans unhappy with his leadership.

It must be a difficult decision but your a clever man, so its over to you .

Well said mate but sadly LJ has a job for as long as he wants it.

I am a realistic City fan, mid table & progress is more than enough for me. However it would actually be nice to watch  some good football with a forward thinking manager. We have no identity what so ever & a manager who is simply clueless.

I miss the passion & desire that used to run through me when going to watch City. With LJ I am just completely drained of any interest or excitement watching us. He has taken all that away for me. I will still always go but I honestly can’t remember a time where I have had such a lack of motivation to go.

We as fans have had some serious ups & downs following City & always will but I honestly can’t recall a time where there was such a lack of enthusiasm amongst the fans as there is now.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

So can I. Started in 1950. Losing affection fast. The quality of the product is so poor.

Today. 14 attempts at goal. Only one on target. Our goal scored by a Millwall defender.

And also LJ seemingly blaming Lloyd Kelly for their goal. But he was the only defender against two and their scorer was also unmarked. Dismal afternoon yet again.

And me started in the 50's with my dad in Crackers corner! I didin't pay good money for this rubbish i paid to be entertained. I also get the feeling though that the club aren't interested in people like me anymore. Seems like they like to attract people who sit there and shout come on Bristol, leaving early at half time and coming back 5 mins after the second half has kicked off, bloody annoying. I know this has always gone on but not to the extent that it has this season. Something has got to be done but what i don't know. Perhaps some of you experts can come up with an idea. Also losing the affection fast!

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

There’s been plenty more anger about a manager before - SOD, McInnes, Pulis - have been equally bad if not worse. For a season GJ had a lot of anger too. 

Were mid table in the championship ffs. I’ve seen us bottom of league 1 and many on here have seen it much worse. So many OTT remarks. 

Personally I’m beginning to lose faith with LJ but some of the vitriol is incredible on here. Towards him and Lansdown. 

Not the point,  note many of the posters on this thread are very long term supporters so there's a cumulative effect.

We've not only supported through SO'D, Mcinnes & Pulis, but also Tinnion, Millen etc., and throughout our plummet down the divisions in the early 80's.

We're as loyal and long suffering as they come and I don't think many of us expect promotion to the PL but what we do expect is to occasionally enjoy attending AG and view some exciting and entertaining football.

This season the fare on offer is mostly tedious and simply not good enough, and it's very hard to be optimistic or enthusiastic for next season if LJ stays.

I have a plan; sack LJ, his assistants, M.A and his boys; combine their salaries and use it to bring in a proven manager; :dunno:this will stimulate life and belief in this club of ours.

We lack what many clubs that have passed us by have had a decent manager.....so SL......change it and make it happen....I wont hold my breath though.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not the point,  note many of the posters on this thread are very long term supporters so there's a cumulative effect.

We've not only supported through SO'D, Mcinnes & Pulis, but also Tinnion, Millen etc., and throughout our plummet down the divisions in the early 80's.

We're as loyal and long suffering as they come and I don't think many of us expect promotion to the PL but what we do expect is to occasionally enjoy attending AG and view some exciting and entertaining football.

This season the fare on offer is mostly tedious and simply not good enough, and it's very hard to be optimistic or enthusiastic for next season if LJ stays.

Spot on!

2 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

I am a realistic City fan, mid table & progress is more than enough for me. However it would actually be nice to watch  some good football with a forward thinking manager. We have no identity what so ever & a manager who is simply clueless.

I miss the passion & desire that used to run through me when going to watch City. With LJ I am just completely drained of any interest or excitement watching us. He has taken all that away for me. I will still always go but I honestly can’t remember a time where I have had such a lack of motivation to go.

We as fans have had some serious ups & downs following City & always will but I honestly can’t recall a time where there was such a lack of enthusiasm amongst the fans as there is now.

Absolutely the same as my current feelings.

The football is so incredibly boring. The standard has been as bad and worse plenty of times over my life, but I can honestly say I have never been so bored watching City play week after week.

That coupled with the fact I have absolutely no faith in the manager, and have to avoid him hearing him speak, and that we have barely any players that I feel any real affinity for means I find myself lacking any desire to watch us play. The beige and bland football we play also contributes to what has in the main been an anaemic atmosphere at home games this season

The football is the worst part about going to the football.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It is hard to walk away /not buy ST`s but its the only thing that maybe noticed actions speak louder than words as they say.

I certainly wont be returning until he`s gone, finding other things to spend money on is no problem.

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it’s croasroads time Mr Lansdown, (And us Fans )

Give him more time , January spend, ? next summer ? To build his ‘new team’  build an actual ‘identity’ 

or do you cut your losses and look for a new helmsman ?

Cut your losses bob we’re going nowhere under billy bullshit 

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not the point

It’s exactly the point the OP made and isn’t true. 

I don’t believe it is good enough currently but it certainly isn’t anywhere near as bad as many make out. We shouldn’t be happy with it but at some time some perspective required as like I said some comments are totally OTT.

I do believe though that if LJ can’t sort out the barren runs he goes on then he won’t last beyond end of season.

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it’s croasroads time Mr Lansdown, (And us Fans )

Give him more time , January spend, ? next summer ? To build his ‘new team’  build an actual ‘identity’ 

or do you cut your losses and look for a new helmsman ?

But will the new 'helmsman's face show white 'through the wheelhouse ???......

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s exactly the point the OP made and isn’t true. 

I don’t believe it is good enough currently but it certainly isn’t anywhere near as bad as many make out. We shouldn’t be happy with it but at some time some perspective required as like I said some comments are totally OTT.

I do believe though that if LJ can’t sort out the barren runs he goes on then he won’t last beyond end of season.

It really is as bad.

The results aren't as pathetic as they could be - 4points from 6 - but this is Pulis, Osman, SOD level stuff in terms of entertainment. I genuinely would support a team battling relegation, but I won't support one void of battle. I certainly won't when the head coach is so damn arrogant he walks around like his farts don't stink; well the football he serves up does. It's crap, it's boring, it's cold out and I can't be bothered to endure it.

That's what supporting at the moment is, a test of endurance. But it's not 'how big a fan you are?', it's how long can you sit watching paint dry. 

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It really is as bad.

The results aren't as pathetic as they could be - 4points from 6 - but this is Pulis, Osman, SOD level stuff in terms of entertainment. I genuinely would support a team battling relegation, but I won't support one void of battle. I certainly won't when the head coach is so damn arrogant he walks around like his farts don't stink; well the football he serves up does. It's crap, it's boring, it's cold out and I can't be bothered to endure it.

That's what supporting at the moment is, a test of endurance. But it's not 'how big a fan you are?', it's how long can you sit watching paint dry. 

His farts definitely do stink,

LJ is in no immediate danger of being released imo. As poor and and as confused as we are right now; there is little chance of relegation given the number of really poor outfits below us. You'd have to be trying to get us into the bottom 3 this season for relegation to be realistic.

Would I release LJ now? No, I would have never appointed him in this role in the first place. As HC under an experienced Manager/DoF? Sounds much more like it.

If SL feels LJ has run his course, then under the club's philosophy then its simple; appoint another up and coming young HC. Who is that? Nathan Jones at Luton, as BBSB suggested, must be near top of the tree. Would he leave Luton for us? Would SL be prepared to pay compensation for a currently employed coach?

If an up and coming coach doesnt see us as a better proposition and/or SL isnt prepared to shell out compo. that leaves out of work coaches, and as others have mentioned, Michael Appleton seems to fit the bill, given his past relationship with MA. Doesnt inspire me.

Here's where SL will be faced with a dilemma. If he deems LJ to have failed then so has MA surely?. Would a new coach want to work with DH and JMc too? I doubt it.

That leaves 4 people potentially being paid off, and 4 new contracts. Cant see SL going to that. And having said relegation seems highly unlikely I think there's no change on the horizon.

Its a bloody mess imo. And a bloody shame. I guess if you make bad decisions thats what happens.

I bought a van without a log book, and have been cycling to work for 2 months as i cant tax it. I wont make that mistake again.

@Nbafc but that's too short-termist.  If you stick with LJ you have to continue to support in the market. Players here will leave, natural churn, progression, released... They need to be replaced. So you could say why pay up four contracts, I would countenance why spend millions in the transfer market for a manager who cannot deliver? Only one option is cheaper. 

If SL wants to reign in market spend too, well, we will see you in League One Steve. 

32 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

It is hard to walk away /not buy ST`s but its the only thing that maybe noticed actions speak louder than words as they say.

I certainly wont be returning until he`s gone, finding other things to spend money on is no problem.

It’s not hard not to attend at the moment, I won’t be going again while LJ is in charge and won’t be renewing my season tickets... I’m quite enjoying my Saturdays again mind you on the plus side...

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

@Nbafc but that's too short-termist.  If you stick with LJ you have to continue to support in the market. Players here will leave, natural churn, progression, released... They need to be replaced. So you could say why pay up four contracts, I would countenance why spend millions in the transfer market for a manager who cannot deliver? Only one option is cheaper. 

If SL wants to reign in market spend too, well, we will see you in League One Steve. 

Thanks for your reply 29AR and apologies the tone was a bit abstract.

So I agree with you, if I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately. The van I bought is never going to be decent so theres no point chucking any money into it, to continue the metaphor!

I know i need to move on, but if I was SL id like to think id have also recognised we had the right manager at the club and I would have made sure he was supported and allowed to do his job to the best of his abilities.

Its a sad state of affairs

19 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

So I agree with you, if I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately. The van I bought is never going to be decent so theres no point chucking any money into it, to continue the metaphor!

I know i need to move on, but if I was SL id like to think id have also recognised we had the right manager at the club and I would have made sure he was supported and allowed to do his job to the best of his abilities.

“f I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately.”

Exactly 

50 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

A largely reoccurring theme, I honestly reckon City will struggle to hit 11k season tickets next year with the LJ project still in place..

If that is what it takes to wake SL up about the tombola kid, so be it. I shall not renew with Johnson still in situ, he's boring the hell out of us! 

Hopefully, the powers that matter are shaken into action by dreadful renewal numbers but I have no faith that they will be.

26 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

I agree mate. LJ was a romantic tale, and I think he probably will make a good manager, but it's a bit like McInnes, it's too much too soon for him. This club, or particularly SL, tries to appoint an up and coming but it's too much of a shambles, because SL is too much of a shambles (Meant with absolute respect, I will explain that haha)  

When it comes to football there can be no doubt SLs heart rules his head. He buys in to the fairytale and wants to 'discover' the next big manager, or wants to fund his friends or associates - see the excellent SL job for his boys thread. The only time he has had success is appointing a wily guy who has worked his way up (GJ) or someone who will cut through the bullshit (SC). The only other time he tried it - Coppell - again his heart took over and he bought DJ on a whim and royally pissed him off so much that he walked. 

I think he's having the wool pulled over his eyes again. With MA and the 'strategy', with LJ and the 'identity' and the analysts and their 'statistics'. What SL really desperately needs is a strong, experienced manager who can say give me £xmillion and I will get you promoted; but don't question me. He had that in League One with Cotterill and it's what he needs in the Championship. But in this division he continues to favour the long odds, and it's gonna hit his pocket deep.

We aren't in a relegation scrap, but he's spent a stupid amount to prop us up to be mid-table fodder, albeit still at threat of relegation. Had he appointed a headstrong, no bullshit manager and gave the same funds, we'd be top 4 by now with the same money.

I just don't understand how he's happy to spend so, so much more to do it with a mate, but against a heavily stacked deck. This is the most competitive league in the world, I'm sure of that. You ain't going to do it with your step-son who is not up to it. 

Archived