IGNORED

Dear SL

Dolman Block B

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Shame, time for new ones, we need to get SL to take notice.

Always been totally against the insults m*****t etc

Tbh Inthink the whole painted sheet thing is a bit tacky and if I’m honest I have a hunch it makes SL abpctually dig his heels in 

If he can’t see the reasons for concern then a few bed sheets isn’t going to sway him

I think the dwindling crowds and reaction at AG is more likely to influence him

This is where SL ought to be discussing all aspects with MA (Hmmmm.......)

Id love to know MAs honest thoughts about LJ 

2 hours ago, weymouth red said:

I’m a long time season ticket holder haven’t been to the last two home games can’t be bothered at moment as the crap we play and the shit that comes out Johnson’s mouth is killing my urge to go . I’m not sure if I will renew next year  unless something changes .

Me too....after today I’ve already found better things to do on the days we are playing Norwich at home and Brentford at home...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Me too....after today I’ve already found better things to do on the days we are playing Norwich at home and Brentford at home...

We've not always seen things the same, but you're someone who knows the club inside out, breathes BCFC, has been around the block with this club, and knows the history inside out... whereas I've always thought of myself as more of a punter; I get the buzz when we battle and for me league position and form is always secondary, I just want to see blood and guts and if it ain't there, I'm easily turned away (as I was under SOD and as I am now).

For someone like you to be saying this should be mighty concerning to the powers that be  

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

genuinely would support a team battling relegation, but I won't support one void of battle....

Great post....I’ve always felt that City fans’ support is more vociferous, passionate and intense when we have our backs to the wall fighting real adversity....the noise at Ashton Gate in the early ‘80s was deafening compared to the lame atmosphere nowadays....we really get behind the boys as long as it is obvious that they care and are giving everything....we’ve had some brilliant support during relegation battles etc....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great post....I’ve always felt that City fans’ support is more vociferous, passionate and intense when we have our backs to the wall fighting real adversity....the noise at Ashton Gate in the early ‘80s was deafening compared to the lame atmosphere nowadays....we really get behind the boys as long as it is obvious that they care and are giving everything....we’ve had some brilliant support during relegation battles etc....

I wonder if that's it, our identity is the underdog, and that's what SL, MA and LJ have missed.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brilliant. 

In my stupour drinking away the thought of Monday at work I am sat here thinking of the limited ability teams who have taken us so far through endurance. It's easy to reflect on 2007, and I'm sure your mind will think back further and to better examples,  but players like McCombe, Sproule, Byfield, Wilson, Showumni, or Basso who couldn't kick for toffee... being political they really weren't the best of players. But they would run through brick f...ing walls for the cause. They nearly got us to the promised land. Buy powderpuff crap like we have now, we can tread water threatening a relegation battle. I think it's high time we said balls to the stats or championship experience, get players - like bloody Reid - who will risk their hamstrings for every lost cause.

Johnson talks about busy bees, and it's the right idea, he has a bunch of pansies though. A bunch of pansies. Bring back the GJ interview process. 

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Brilliant. 

In my stupour drinking away the thought of Monday at work I am sat here thinking of the limited ability teams who have taken us so far through endurance. It's easy to reflect on 2007, and I'm sure your mind will think back further and to better examples,  but players like McCombe, Sproule, Byfield, Wilson, Showumni, or Basso who couldn't kick for toffee... being political they really weren't the best of players. But they would run through brick f...ing walls for the cause. They nearly got us to the promised land. Buy powderpuff crap like we have now, we can tread water threatening a relegation battle. I think it's high time we said balls to the stats or championship experience, get players - like bloody Reid - who will risk their hamstrings for every lost cause.

Johnson talks about busy bees, and it's the right idea, he has a bunch of pansies though. A bunch of pansies. Bring back the GJ interview process. 

Totally agree....my second favourite City player ever is Glyn Riley - he gave every bloody ounce of sweat it was possible to produce in every game for our club - at the lowest level...and I cried when he got his reward and scored those three goals at Wembley....there are countless others in that era and before who just tried their hearts out to help Bristol City....loved em...

4 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

SL sees the forums as just outside noise so don’t know why you bother. LJ is here for many a year yet.

What about if we returned to League One and in 12 months time were home to AFC Wimbledon if front of 9000 , with a 26 million pound wage bill ?

Would that resonate on the audio sensors ?

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

There’s been plenty more anger about a manager before - SOD, McInnes, Pulis - have been equally bad if not worse. For a season GJ had a lot of anger too. 

Were mid table in the championship ffs. I’ve seen us bottom of league 1 and many on here have seen it much worse. So many OTT remarks. 

Personally I’m beginning to lose faith with LJ but some of the vitriol is incredible on here. Towards him and Lansdown. 

Even O'Driscoll had a basic game plan. The players werent suited to the style of play however. 

The difference is I could still see what S'OD was trying to implement.

I cant with LJ. And despite eating his loads of bull in each PR stunt - leaders this, identity that - its one of O'Driscoll's signings that captain.

Says it all imo. Can't recruit the right player. He's blown £30m.

Additionally, despite the fact on paper, between Hunt, Kalas, Webster, and Kelly - we have one of the better defences in the league - saying we 'struggle' to defend is not and should not be an excuse. Three of this players are experienced at this level and two of those cost around a total of £8m.

There’s been plenty more anger about a manager before - SOD, McInnes, Pulis - have been equally bad if not worse. For a season GJ had a lot of anger too. 

Were mid table in the championship ffs. I’ve seen us bottom of league 1 and many on here have seen it much worse. So many OTT remarks. 

Personally I’m beginning to lose faith with LJ but some of the vitriol is incredible on here. Towards him and Lansdown. 

Even O'Driscoll had a basic game plan. The players werent suited to the style of play however. 

I cant with LJ. And despite eating his loads of bull in each PR stunt - leaders this, identity that - its one of O'Driscoll's signings that captain.

Additionally, despite the fact on paper, between Hunt, Kalas, Webster, and Kelly - we have one of the better defences in the league - saying we 'struggle' to defend is not and should not be an excuse. Three of this players are experienced at this level and two of those cost around a total of £8m.

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I had more hope when, in December 1982, we hit 92nd in the Football League. Because we had a board with Des Williams at the helm and the great and glorious Terry Cooper leading the playing side.

TC was, in my opinion, our greatest ever manager, not for his cups or championships but because he gave us hope for a better future.

The spineless Lee Johnson is not fit to be in the same job. I wouldn't trust him with my last shilling let alone the football club that I have supported all my life.

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Also factor in he had another £6million pounds worth of unused defenders , tha5 he bought on the bench

Not sure we can afford the luxury of a £4/5mil centre half and a £1.7mil full back that cant get in the side 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Also factor in he had another £6million pounds worth of unused defenders , tha5 he bought on the bench

Not sure we can afford the luxury of a £4/5mil centre half and a £1.7mil full back that cant get in the side 

As a club we can't, SL can, until be throws his toys out the pram, sacks his mate and hamstrings the club like he did when Millen went, until we hit relegation in League One and he was forced to act. Sorry, for all the SL lovers, that is what he did. That's probably what awaits us when he sacks LJ. 'If I can't get my mate through screw you all' until league two beckons. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think the £8m we spent on Hunt and Webster would buy Millwalls entire team. Add Diedhiou, Baker, and Wright and its likely £20m between the 5 of them.

Add the messes that were letting Ayling or Freeman go and its no shock we had to sell Reid at al to meet FFP.

Anyone who points and shouts "budget constraints" as a defence of LJ needs a lobotomy. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

As a club we can't, SL can, until be throws his toys out the pram, sacks his mate and hamstrings the club like he did when Millen went, until we hit relegation in League One and he was forced to act. Sorry, for all the SL lovers, that is what he did. That's probably what awaits us when he sacks LJ. 'If I can't get my mate through screw you all' until league two beckons. 

Even then we can’t IMHO 29 

Working within FFP it’s funds we can’t really waste 

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I think the £8m we spent on Hunt and Webster would buy Millwalls entire team. Add Diedhiou, Baker, and Wright and its likely £20m between the 5 of them.

Add the messes that were letting Ayling or Freeman go and its no shock we had to sell Reid at al to meet FFP.

Anyone who points and shouts "budget constraints" as a defence of LJ needs a lobotomy. 

Yet there are posters saying just that ..............

7 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Many would disagree on O'Driscoll and a lot called him our worst manager etc. For the record, not me. I thought he laid a lot of good foundations and things were starting to turn just before he was sacked.

LJ definitely had a plan today - get it wide and crosses in. What really didn't work was what happened after the goal and a lack of plan B. A definite concern that but then a lot of managers have struggled with a plan B.

Not entirely correct on recruiting the right player. Kalas, Elliasson, Tammy, Brownhill, Wright, Fammy, Walsh, O'Dowda all look or have been good signings. Many others may turn out to be too. Many have been poor on other hand. Its been average overall. The sums of money are just average championship fees these days - nothing crazy but higher than we've spent before because of the way football inflation has gone.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Even then we can’t IMHO 29 

Working within FFP it’s funds we can’t really waste 

Agree, I'm thinking more from the short-term 'LJ come hell or high water'. SL will spend on anything to see his step-son win, even if his step-son throws his birthday presents away mere months later. 

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I had more hope when, in December 1982, we hit 92nd in the Football League. Because we had a board with Des Williams at the helm and the great and glorious Terry Cooper leading the playing side.

TC was, in my opinion, our greatest ever manager, not for his cups or championships but because he gave us hope for a better future.

The spineless Lee Johnson is not fit to be in the same job. I wouldn't trust him with my last shilling let alone the foot club that I have supported all my life.

Odd thing to say when he has led this club to 3 of our highest finishes over past x amount of years. In fact only his Dad has in my time of going down to AG.

Whether we should be getting more out of the players etc - I think we should personally and if :LJ doesn't then and continues to go backwards or standstill then I suspect SL will act at end of season.

I could understand if people were saying this if we were bottom of league 1 and looking poor. I remember being in League One for so long and so many fans saying, oh for being mid-table in the Championship. Whilst I'm not happy to just be there forever, compared to where it has been for majority of my time supporting, it aint anywhere near as bad as made out.

The football under LJ is terrible many of you say.

The football under Neil Warnock is terrible so many say.

Who would you want in charge next season? Recruit success or buy for the potential of the future?

Removing managers is very costly.  Their backroom staff, the pay-off's, new manager, new backroom team, players out and a new lot in.

When will a Chairman start clearing out many team players and leave the manger in situ, IF they believe the manager is right for the club!!!  So much money gets wasted in football clubs in rotation of players to suit a new manager.  Look at Mourinho and his spend at Man U......and for what? The cost of removing him and a new manager is will likely see their player spend in recent years go towards a gross £1 billion or $1 billion.  It's obscene.

Clear the players, stick with the plan, the manager and get in a mentor to assist.

If you simply want to go up and have no clue what you will do when up, get in Neil Warnock as his last job before retirement and put aside any personal feelings you may have.

38 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Odd thing to say when he has led this club to 3 of our highest finishes over past x amount of years.

He may of led the club our highest two league finished in said x amount of years.

He's also spent well over 10 times what Cotts spent in the latter's 3 years in charge.

And for what? To climb 4 league positions?

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

He may of led the club our highest two league finished in said x amount of years.

He's also spent well over 10 times what Cotts spent in the latter's 3 years in charge.

And for what? To climb 4 league positions?

Exactly. Can’t see us getting anything from Birmingham Norwich Derby so a relegation battle is on the cards 

all well and good wishing LJ gone ,i do too but at the same time am very worried that we would get someone with even less of a footballing brain

best thing I can do is not risk getting cold and wet watching that tripe until it gets more entertaining.

might aswell give my mrs the money towards her xmas shopping ,will get more appreciation for that.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What about if we returned to League One and in 12 months time were home to AFC Wimbledon if front of 9000 , with a 26 million pound wage bill ?

Would that resonate on the audio sensors ?

No Bob

Because Lansdown would spend whatever he had to (and ignore FFP) to stay in the Championship.

I keep saying it (and my source is as high as it gets) that the end game is to sell up the whole thing once PP is changed for AV.

With the Prem as extra incentive.

The club is just another section in a financial entity known as Bristol Sport.

Alongside hotels, carparks, concert venues and the AV estate.

Again - Lansdown is worth £2,500,000,000

His 'investment' - to us non billionaires is about £1000 over 20 yrs.

Perspective

It's all about ******* perspective.

Archived