IGNORED

I feel so disengaged

Lez

Hi all, going back to the Mciness disaster we were bottom of the league and dead in the water. But despite that i still went to games home and away and even though knew we were awful, yet valued the players. The likes of Davies, Anderson, Fontaine etc. Generally bang average with some awful players with them.

But now i just deel like ive lost all love. Is it the manager? Is it the dull football? Is the playing squad?

Apart from Eliiasson there is not one single player who excites me....maybe Brownhill and Kelly going forward.

Im falling out of love with the club and i cant see myself spending money anymore on this. Not in the short term.

If im honest, i think its the manager and brand of football, it really is horrible to qatch at the moment. Its also the structure, signing all these players over the past few years under lj, with so little progress and impact on the pitch.

So many former managers would have cried out for the investment LJ has had, and what has he done with it?

Everything right now is desperately poor and i feel so disillusioned with it all.

Feeling the same tonight, dont go away nowadays but try to make the home games. The last few home games have been soul destroying. One forward up front v crap like Millwall today was just a kick in the balls for me. We looked gutless in the final third.

Will endeavour to keep going down but my love for the club is being tested big time currently. The style of football is just plain awful. Johnsons tactics are clueless, subs are clueless, etc, etc and then he spouts all this bull shite in post match interviews.

The large majority of supporters are now seeing through this but I cant see SL getting rid of him and will probably allow him to spunk away another load of £££s in January. All too predictable for me at the moment. 

What worries me is that Johnson is still here for the foreseeable future due to SL defending him to the hilt.

A new manager/coach will potentially be seen as a threat to SL’s club if the new appointment challenges the owners direction etc. Also the wrong appointment could send us further backwards from Johnson. Worrying times.

100% agree with this post as mirrors my mood.

Was bored at the game today and have been for weeks. There’s no way I’ll be spending money on away games anymore as religiously have travelled but what’s the point with performances as they are. 

Not getting angry anymore about results but am with LJs constant spin and the whole identify thing really annoys me. 

This club has consumed my thoughts and money but I’m falling out of love after 45 years of supporting. 

I’ll keep going out of duty but until LJ goes I cannot see anything changing 

11 minutes ago, Lez said:

Hi all, going back to the Mciness disaster we were bottom of the league and dead in the water. But despite that i still went to games home and away and even though knew we were awful, yet valued the players. The likes of Davies, Anderson, Fontaine etc. Generally bang average with some awful players with them.

But now i just deel like ive lost all love. Is it the manager? Is it the dull football? Is the playing squad?

Apart from Eliiasson there is not one single player who excites me....maybe Brownhill and Kelly going forward.

Im falling out of love with the club and i cant see myself spending money anymore on this. Not in the short term.

If im honest, i think its the manager and brand of football, it really is horrible to qatch at the moment. Its also the structure, signing all these players over the past few years under lj, with so little progress and impact on the pitch.

So many former managers would have cried out for the investment LJ has had, and what has he done with it?

Everything right now is desperately poor and i feel so disillusioned with it all.

I just don't seem to care. I think it was @Portland Bill that said in another thread that he was suprised at how much he doesn't miss going. I'm the same, I've been to less than half of our home games this season and I haven't missed it. Not one part of me. When I was listening and heard Millwall equalise, I wasn't angry, I wasn't gutted. It was ineveitable.

The style of football is killing it for me. The constant dross on the pitch and the constant shit coming out of his mouth. The family experience of Ashton gate as a whole. Its boring, it's not enjoyable anymore.

I went Christmas shopping with the Mrs today. I think that says it all.

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Feeling the same tonight, dont go away nowadays but try to make the home games. The last few home games have been soul destroying. One forward up front v crap like Millwall today was just a kick in the balls for me. We looked gutless in the final third.

Will endeavour to keep going down but my love for the club is being tested big time currently. The style of football is just plain awful. Johnsons tactics are clueless, subs are clueless, etc, etc and then he spouts all this bull shite in post match interviews.

The large majority of supporters are now seeing through this but I cant see SL getting rid of him and will probably allow him to spunk away another load of £££s in January. All too predictable for me at the moment. 

What worries me is that Johnson is still here for the foreseeable future due to SL defending him to the hilt.

A new manager/coach will potentially be seen as a threat to SL’s club if the new appointment challenges the owners direction etc. Also the wrong appointment could send us further backwards from Johnson. Worrying times.

If you’ve had enough angus, then we are in big trouble.

9 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I just don't seem to care. I think it was @Portland Bill that said in another thread that he was suprised at how much he doesn't miss going. I'm the same, I've been to less than half of our home games this season and I haven't missed it. Not one part of me. When I was listening and heard Millwall equalise, I wasn't angry, I wasn't gutted. It was ineveitable.

The style of football is killing it for me. The constant dross on the pitch and the constant shit coming out of his mouth. The family experience of Ashton gate as a whole. Its boring, it's not enjoyable anymore.

Indeed so did i. I dont miss it at all either. Not at the current prices as well.

100% spot on for me.

almost all season it's been a sense of boredom you can sense it in the entire crowd as well, poor tactics negative football and I know a number of people that have stopped going because of exactly these reasons

I use to get a real buzz before a game, now it feels like a chore and after 40 years of support I'm beginning to think I could spend my time more wisely on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Totally agree. I’ve not been down for the last two games and haven’t missed it. Watched the arsenal spurs game instead and didn’t check my phone for updates. Even forgot we were playing at one stage. The club got my season ticket money but I think my seat will be collecting dust for a while . The footballs terrible and Johnson really gets on my tits now. 

26 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I agree completely with that statement. Surprised myself how much time I had to do other stuff and also how much happier I felt for not going. I have complete respect for the diehards but I’m not one. I just tired of the disjointed crap that is constantly served up. I’ve watched since the 70’s and I can’t recall being anymore bored with the football that is served up than that of late.

They spunked  away a load of £££s on LJ signings that did not work out in Jan 2018 transfer window. We failed to make playoffs which looked a dead cert at Xmas. We sold too many key players last summer, signed another load of useless players and now we are in mid table mediocrity heading towards a relegation fight potentially.

Will be glad to see the end of 2018 in terms of football at AG. But Johnson will still be here FFS!

I will continue to go and pay my direct debit this season but house needs modernising and find no time in the working week so weekends will become more important than being broken up by that crock of shit next season. A year off for me and hopefully I will get the love back !!

22 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Think people need a bit of perspective and stop wetting the bed! Yes it’s not been a great 2018 but we are still a competitive championship team, with a promising youth set up and infrastructure that’s improving all the time!  You would think we were in league 2 with some of these doom and gloom posts!

Hi Lee 

We’re shit

Dreadful football and going no where 

Yep the football is beyond dull, everyone around me are bored shirtless.

The worrying thing for me is that the major sales to fund this, Kodjia, Flint, Reid and Bryan were all here before this numpty took over. 40 odd signings, money squandered an yet he still cannot find a consistent team or tactics. Now he talks of rebuilding a new team. Get the useless ***** out of the club. 

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Spot on . But I feel the Bristol Sport influence is killing us . So detached at the moment 

Fontainofallknowledge makes some very good points, great academy set up, just about middle of the table team (for the time being) we are currently not a competitive team, a wonderful new stadium and I'm sure a number of other things behind the scenes (hopefully). The shame is our owner is obviously happy with what he has at the moment, what with his football teams, his rugby team and dare say his basketball team. He obviously sees things for him are hunky dory, this includes the current BCFC head coach.  I too would like to see little lee replaced with an experienced championship manager. However I firmly believe that all the vitreous comments made on this forum should be directed to the owner not the head coach.

Mr. Lansdown wake up bite the bullet, listen to the supporters of this football and make changes in your management team both on and off the field before it's too late.

Christ, I’ve been reading otib for approximately 10 years and there’s several threads a season with someone claiming they “just don’t love city anymore - football’s not the same”. 

Well, every football club has its up and downs, and we’ve been mostly up the last few years. Maybe not so much this season, but I’ve seen some brilliant football in the last couple years, we’ve got a brilliant stadium, and attendances have risen massively.

I’m glad you’re enjoying gardening or whatever it is you do on Saturdays though. :)

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was that an announced 18k ?

Swathes if empty seats and missing ST holders 

about 15k actually there I’d estimate

Correct.

staging games that clash with junior football means i expect a few not their today.

I watched Bristol Bears on Saturday. I didn't go today. I genuinely find the rugby a more engaging experience these days.

There's numerous reasons but one of them I find is that the atmosphere is just generally happier. Bristol will probably lose more games than they win, but they entertain whilst doing so, they play an attractive brand of rugby (generally), and haven't been afraid to be bold in their own transfer dealings. All of this contributes to a hopeful atmosphere in Ashton Gate.

By comparison, we may well lose more games than we win, but we do not entertain the fans. We play a bland, attritional brand of football, we haven't been bold in our transfer dealings, going for abstract quantity of players rather than definite quality, and as such the atmosphere in the stadium is one of frustration, often boredom, and occasionally despair.

Whilst all this is going on, the club puts out a survey where some of the answers are totally inapplicable to how I, as a fan, feel currently yet I have to "tick a box" to complete the survey. They also want to change the club's badge which is the symbol with which I identify this club the most.  

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Correct.

staging games that clash with junior football means i expect a few not their today.

Very true. There must be a few thousand lads and their dads playing on a Sunday afternoon. Girls and Mums also I guess today.  Big mistake to play at this time. 

Start listening. 

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I watched Bristol Bears on Saturday. I didn't go today. I genuinely find the rugby a more engaging experience these days.

There's numerous reasons but one of them I find is that the atmosphere is just generally happier. Bristol will probably lose more games than they win, but they entertain whilst doing so, they play an attractive brand of rugby (generally), and haven't been afraid to be bold in their own transfer dealings. All of this contributes to a hopeful atmosphere in Ashton Gate.

By comparison, we may well lose more games than we win, but we do not entertain the fans. We play a bland, attritional brand of football, we haven't been bold in our transfer dealings, going for abstract quantity of players rather than definite quality, and as such the atmosphere in the stadium is one of frustration, often boredom, and occasionally despair.

Whilst all this is going on, the club puts out a survey where some of the answers are totally inapplicable to how I, as a fan, feel currently yet I have to "tick a box" to complete the survey. They also want to change the club's badge which is the symbol with which I identify this club the most.  

I quite agree with you. I could have written that word for word. 

Just now, redapple said:

Very true. There must be a few thousand lads and their dads playing on a Sunday afternoon. Girls and Mums also I guess today.  Big mistake to play at this time. 

Start listening. 

In my sons team there were 8 season ticket holders not in attendance and probably 3/4 casual attendees who may have gone if it were a Saturday.

Archived