IGNORED

I feel so disengaged

Lez

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said our ‘Asset sheet’ , as a Club was ‘ at its strongest ever ‘

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said our ‘Asset sheet’ , as a Club was ‘ at its strongest ever ‘

Tbh, LJ probably doesn't know what the term "asset" means and the different kinds..those held within football clubs are not quite as straight forward to define and value as, for instance, in a housing association.

3 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

Tbh, LJ probably doesn't know what the term "asset" means and the different kinds..those held within football clubs are not quite as straight forward to define and value as, for instance, in a housing association.

He was referring to the value of players in the squad

13 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

You're probably right, this version suffering from massive investment, financially secure and with a bright future.

if anyone is gong to manage a football club to maximise its potential I'd select SL, just throwing money to secure a short term fix doesn't work, he's done that already.

Building and investing in a solid foundation including stadium, pitch, academy and a stable management team gives us the best chance of long term success, not knee jerk, short term leaps into the dark.

As far as I can see, the model being used for both the rugby and football clubs is the same and it's working well for the Bears, so let's give it more time for City.

Bears have a Head Coach who knows what he is doing.

City have a Head Coach.

10 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

We are thoroughly spoiled, the very idea we'd be better off uunder any other management is a complete joke!.

Our owner is a multi billionare who has written off over £50 million already and invested a similar amount in the stadium, all in the name of securing a long term, self sustaining future  for the club. He's also doing something similar for Bristol Rugby, another failing institution without a tenner to wipe it's arse with!

Those who remember 1982 and those with the wit to look at what's happening in Horfield and at most other clubs will be astonished to hear the nonsense uttered by our 'fewers'

He wrote it off because it was he who spent it on crap journeymen players.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was referring to the value of players in the squad

Yes but if he really understands what their real value is, I doubt...surely we all realise that if you put a microphone in front of a football manager they'll let off self esteem until they make complete ****s of themselves, LJ and DC being two of the most prominent!

As an aside when I worked at ES&A Robinson printing in Lodge Causeway back on the '70s, Ivor Guy had a general store close by and I had a chat with him every day when I picked up my paper and fags on the way to work. Doug  Hillard also had a sports shop close by down on Fishponds Road where I was also a frequent visitor, gentlemen both.

Archived