IGNORED

"We're building a new team"

Jimbo76

What the **** is this blo0dy phrase meant to mean?

How long has he been in charge? How many players has he bought? How many millions has he wasted? How far into this season are we already after most of the squad already had a full pre season together?

Yet we're meant to believe that a big reason for our crap displays is that they only met up a few weeks ago and they're learning how to play together. 

Utter dog sh*te.

Every time I hear that phrase (every game basically) it causes me to shout at the screen/radio.

STOP TREATING US LIKE FOOLS.

LJ OUT!

You forgot ‘identity’. :facepalm:

time to take the DNA and **** off LJ. 

Take Ashton with you too. Too much corporate bullsh1t being spouted once again. 

I note Mr Ashton has once again disappeared from the media as we are on a sh1te run. Easy to appear when its all rosy isnt it. 

How about he comes out and backs up his man LJ for the fateful vote of confidence?!

6 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

What the **** is this blo0dy phrase meant to mean?

How long has he been in charge? How many players has he bought? How many millions has he wasted? How far into this season are we already after most of the squad already had a full pre season together?

Yet we're meant to believe that a big reason for our crap displays is that they only met up a few weeks ago and they're learning how to play together. 

Utter dog sh*te.

Think about it Jimbo........

How many of this current team are in their first season at City?

Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Watkins, Dasilva, Weimann - that’s seven without thinking too hard.......more that half a team so LJ is quite right - this is a new team but you, BobbobSuperBob and a couple of others seem to use that comment as an ‘excuse’..........ffs...........:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

To be fair if you have to sell your 3 prize assets then you have to rebuild and it isn’t easy. I do think that Kalas and Kelly are decent replacements and we shouldn’t be as far away from where we were last season. 

Plus.......Weimann , Webster , Eisa , Hunt , Adelukan , DaSilva.....

How many more toys does he need ?

MA has shafted every club he's been at especially Oxford blokes on a complete joy ride and a fraud as for rebuilding because we lost 3 players is ******** every club has to deal with the same and some do it better than others it's all about understanding your basics and building a soild foundation..... 40 players and god knows how much spent he still has no clue on wot his trying to achieve.... shear panic on that subs bench today when Millwall scored it was laughable.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Watkins, Dasilva, Weimann - that’s seven without thinking too hard.......more that half a team so LJ is quite right - this is a new team but you, BobbobSuperBob and a couple of others seem to use that comment as an ‘excuse’..........ffs...........:facepalm:

What nonsense. It's as if no other team ever buys or sells players.

12 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

To be fair if you have to sell your 3 prize assets then you have to rebuild and it isn’t easy. I do think that Kalas and Kelly are decent replacements and we shouldn’t be as far away from where we were last season. 

I don't think Kelly will be here, we will cash in; Kalas will be looking for something better (he wont have to look far) that wont leave much else.

Did we really have to sell our best, would it not be better to bring in others as good and keep what we had already.

If SL had the belief in his manager he could have brought in a couple of decent players at xmas and pushed on (DIONY and the guy from Liverpool f.f.s) and then maybe it could of been us not Cardiff that made the jump up. The 3 and others that left would have stayed then and we would be selling out every week in the prem.

SL had no faith in LJ or he would surely have gone for it big time, as we were in a good position, one that maybe a long time coming around again.

I want LJ gone but this summer it does feel as if it was his first proper window. What I mean is that it felt like someone else was recruiting before back when we brought in the likes of Diedhiou, Eliasson, Baker, Tomlin, etc. This season it does feel a new side after the loss of Flint, Bryan and Reid. 

Webster, Maenpaa, Weimann, Hunt, Kalas, Watkins, and even Kelly and Eliasson are somewhat new. I don’t want LJ here anymore but I won’t put all the blame of recruitment on him. That said, I am quite positive someone else would be getting more out of this squad new or not and needing 2-3 more or not. 

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Plus.......Weimann , Webster , Eisa , Hunt , Adelukan , DaSilva.....

How many more toys does he need ?

To be fair how many of those players did you expect to just be brilliant. We don’t have the strategy of buying decent championship players ready made. He has to rebuild every season and just us closer to the playoffs each time but worryingly he is moving away right now so at some point I think SL will have to review it but it won’t be until we are near bottom 3 / which we aren’t yet. 

4 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

I don't think Kelly will be here, we will cash in; Kalas will be looking for something better (he wont have to look far) that wont leave much else.

Did we really have to sell our best, would it not be better to bring in others as good and keep what we had already.

If SL had the belief in his manager he could have brought in a couple of decent players at xmas and pushed on (DIONY and the guy from Liverpool f.f.s) and then maybe it could of been us not Cardiff that made the jump up. The 3 and others that left would have stayed then and we would be selling out every week in the prem.

SL had no faith in LJ or he would surely have gone for it big time, as we were in a good position, one that maybe a long time coming around again.

You meant Kent who all our fans raved about when he was coming in.

Diony clearly a confidence player. Shocking for us but when we’d had similar good players from France you can see the logic surely? 

If SL has no faith in LJ then he would have sacked him a while ago. 

“I’m a builder, I was at Oldham and Barnsley and am here, and I want to see it through” it something like that.

Today wasn’t a bad performance, I was off my seat several times, but where do comments like this come from?  I would’ve been happy to hear him say something that put him on the average fan’s wavelength today.  Instead we get the builder comment.

I can see why he antagonises the fans.

33 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

To be fair if you have to sell your 3 prize assets then you have to rebuild and it isn’t easy..

Norwich sold their best players before the start of this season....look where they are....lame excuse...it was obvious that Reid, Flint and Bryan would go...obvious from January onwards....didn’t that give our dynamic management team enough time to identify replacements? 

We’re 3 players short of being a good team but also 3 players away from being a poor team. We’re bang average in the championship but wouldn’t it be nice to see the team having a real go at some of the opposition, getting the crowd out of their seats and behind them. 

Bristol Bears have a slogan “ together we rise ”. Somebody at BS should see this is where City are failing alarmingly. 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Norwich sold their best players before the start of this season....look where they are....lame excuse...it was obvious that Reid, Flint and Bryan would go...obvious from January onwards....didn’t that give our dynamic management team enough time to identify replacements? 

I think we did in fairness - apart from Reid who we haven’t replaced - we did replace Whilst I don’t think it’s good enough so far this season, plenty of Norwich fans have moaned about their manager last season etc so things can change quickly. 

They are more a one-off than the rule though. The likes of Boro, WBA, Leeds, Villa, Derby all spent. 

We aren’t exactly doing bad this season in terms of league position. However I would really like to see us get a decent striker, keeper and central midfielder. I think generally defence isn’t too bad and our wing play is good. But we lack cutting edge and finishing touch. Easier said than done. 

39 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement too much, but where the bulk of many fans frustrations lie in the fact that for the HUGE amount of money Johnson has spent over the last few years, we are worse off now than 1, or 2 years ago. He says he brings players into the club for the future - well sooner or later these players have to deliver for the first team or Johnson's decision making will be rightly questioned, as per Gustav Engvall. 

Just now, OddBallJim said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement too much, but where the bulk of many fans frustrations lie in the fact that for the HUGE amount of money Johnson has spent over the last few years, we are worse off now than 1, or 2 years ago. He says he brings players into the club for the future - well sooner or later these players have to deliver for the first team or Johnson's decision making will be rightly questioned, as per Gustav Engvall. 

Some awful wastes of money like Gustav - very true. But we are just average spenders in this league - we may be spending more than ever but that’s just to stay average.

What we need is someone who can do more than LJ can with average funds for this league. Something that the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfiled etc have achieved. It is do able but not the norm. Danger is you roll the dice and it goes the other way. 

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

January will be very interesting if he has to generate the funds to bring players in.

I can only speculate what we might get for the likes of Baker or Diedhiou for example.  I fear if we lose Webster, he’s been our stand-out player. 

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Some awful wastes of money like Gustav - very true. But we are just average spenders in this league - we may be spending more than ever but that’s just to stay average.

What we need is someone who can do more than LJ can with average funds for this league. Something that the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfiled etc have achieved. It is do able but not the norm. Danger is you roll the dice and it goes the other way. 

I agree with your second paragraph and I think that is where much of my own personal frustration lies. I definitely think that there is better value for money out there, with the financial clout we seemingly have via the redeveloped stadium. Yes, we may not be huge spenders in the context of the league (particularly in lieu of parachute payments), but as you rightly point out we are spending in the Lee Johnson era more on wages and transfers than ever before. 

I'm not saying that someone like Steve Cotterill or Danny Wilson could have done any better with this kind of financial backing, but there are definitely managers out there who can. And LJ, for all of his plaudits, is not a manager in my eyes. He is a coach. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The likes of Hoilett May have been £Free, but on £60k pw (+ signing on fee).

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You meant Kent who all our fans raved about when he was coming in. not me, never heard of him and on appearance penalties as well

Diony clearly a confidence player. Shocking for us but when we’d had similar good players from France you can see the logic surely? At least he got games unlike Engvall and others, and caused upset in the team/squad, what was wrong with the players already here, he didn't have to be shoehorned into the team

If SL has no faith in LJ then he would have sacked him a while ago. he limits his budget, so it takes a long time to move anywhere with small steps, come on, is he going to say heres 25/30mil Lee this summer get us out of here?

24 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

The players all expressed a desire to leave. Bryan was prepared to run down his contract as was Reid. None of them wanted any part of this second half of 2018. They had all just been through the first half. 

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

And LJ, for all of his plaudits, is not a manager in my eyes. He is a coach. 

He’s both. You don’t finish in the table each time where we have if you have poor managerial skills. Whether he is fading now, standing still, not getting enough out of what’s available - id be inclined to agree.  But I also don’t think SL will roll the dice at the moment as we aren’t near the bottom 3 and aren’t likely to be. 

Personally I’d see this season out and if form continues how it has we will finish about 16th or something. Then the change may come. 

Also easy to forget that we’ve had Korey, Bailey and Fielding out all season. 3 proven players at this level. 3 that I believe would improve the team straight away. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

The players all expressed a desire to leave. Bryan was prepared to run down his contract as was Reid. None of them wanted any part of this second half of 2018. They had all just been through the first half. 

would they have though if they saw us investing wisely and showing ambition to ATTACK this div and get out of it? Fulham/Cardiff/Hudders etc we should be matching/competing with them are they that much better or do they just have better managers. 

56 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We were shit for the last 5 months with those 3 prize assets though. That’s my issue. 

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

would they have though if they saw us investing wisely and showing ambition to ATTACK this div and get out of it? Fulham/Cardiff/Hudders etc we should be matching/competing with them are they that much better or do they just have better managers. 

Exactly. Some will tell you that is what SL is doing by allowing the spending. It’s not the ambition that’s lacking it’s the execution that’s a total farce and that is the reality imo 

Just now, petehinton said:

We were shit for the last 5 months with those 3 prize assets though. That’s my issue. 

Agreed. I suspect though they and LJ both knew they were off unless we went up. Clearly didn’t help the slump we went through. Some of those results were really poor - the leads we threw away were unacceptable. He said he would get leaders in too which ive not seen any evidence for.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not big LJ fan. However some of the abuse he gets is OTT and not right. He’s an average manager with average funds for this league. SL has a decision to make if he is happy with that long term.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly. Some will tell you that is what SL is doing by allowing the spending. It’s not the ambition that’s lacking it’s the execution that’s a total farce and that is the reality imo 

Yep agree, prob take time away for a bit now (should make a few happy) nothings going to change anytime soon, its just going over and over same old ground.

You reap what you sow S.L

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

RR - he signed them. The players to replace those that which he lost. And that is not a bad list. Some very, very, experienced Championship players there coupled with some very, very well trained young players. If he can't do better that's his fault, if he's bought the wrong pieces to the jigsaw, that's his fault. At least SC said 'If you don't get me the right tools, I'll name 2 empty spaces on the subs bench'  and show you, the board, up. 

Archived