IGNORED

Identity

That Louie Donowa goal

Spot on, we no longer have a discernible identify other than unfortunately being a team that is playing poorly, lacking threat and creativity. IMO the reasons for this are two fold (1) constant tinkering so we never have a settled team (2) over-thinking our game plan rather than playing to our individual/team strengths. Both of which are the sole responsibility of the management team.

14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Spot on, we no longer have a discernible identify other than unfortunately being a team that is playing poorly, lacking threat and creativity. IMO the reasons for this are two fold (1) constant tinkering so we never have a settled team (2) over-thinking our game plan rather than playing to our individual/team strengths. Both of which are the sole responsibility of the management team.

Pretty much. It’s soul destroying!

As per my post in the "I feel so disengaged thread" - our identity is bland, attritional football. Wear down the opposition with sideways and backwards movement of the ball. I'd like to think that we are doing that to draw the opposition forward, exposing space in behind. However, since we never actually get to that point there is never any space in behind to exploit so we have ended up now continuing to move the ball sideways and backwards until we eventually have worked it to the wing for a hopeful cross into the box.

Compare that to the attitude of Pat Lam and the Bristol Bears coaching staff - they realise that they cannot win every game. But they give a bloody good go of entertaining the fans with an attacking and exciting brand of rugby football, that dares to take risks both on the pitch and in the transfer market. 

17 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s really annoying when he comes up with this crap. If our identity or DNA is to have one shot on target per game then we ain’t going anywhere. 

If our identity is to have one shot on target per game,I’d say he’s nailed it.

Archived