IGNORED

20 matches in

Ivorguy

Moe of a concern is the teams and fixtures that those figures relate too

A resurgent Birmingham , And Norwich coming up

The only thing left of interest is how we perform against the perceived or apparent better sides

We do tend to look better against better sides but maybe that’s just a desperate hope ...

Thoughts are it is a worrying trend but things quite often under LJ have turned round quickly either way which is why I think fans get so annoyed - the inconsistency.

Thing is, even looking at last ten, we won't go down with that record. Its likely that under 50 points again will be enough.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Last ten league games gave us 3 wins 2 draws and 5 losses.

Total points : 11 out of possible 30

Thoughts?

Thoughts are that it’s been a rocky patch, yet we’ve still accumulated enough points, pro-rata, so stay up, yet many believe that relegation is on the cards. 

Last 10 games have been below par. The 20 games so far have been about on par overall. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thoughts are that it’s been a rocky patch, yet we’ve still accumulated enough points, pro-rata, so stay up, yet many believe that relegation is on the cards. 

Last 10 games have been below par. The 20 games so far have been about on par overall. 

So by your definition we are getting worse?

It’s interesting that those of us unhappy with LJ aren’t allowed to pick a group of games to prove our point.  It’s always challenged  back, with “ah well, what about looking at this time period instead”.

LJ is pretty much winning slightly less than he is losing, whichever period you pick.  It virtually always comes out around this.

This season: p20 w7 d 5 l8

Last 46 games (a season’s worth) p46 w14 d14 l18 - pretty similar ratio, same if you look at his 130+ games too.  That leads me to think this is it.

SL should be looking critically at this.

If we pick a sequence of defeats / winless games, it’s always thrown back in our face.

The above ratios probably leave us at 13/14th overall.

Is that what we want?

Just now, REDOXO said:

So factually we are getting worse?

I’m not sure what you are trying to get me to say..? 

Out form last 10 games hasn’t been as good as it was in the first 10 games. 

Our form this week has been better than Vs Preston, so it depends over what period you want to focus. 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s interesting that those of us unhappy with LJ aren’t allowed to pick a group of games to prove our point.  It’s always challenged  back, with “ah well, what about looking at this time period instead”.

LJ is pretty much winning slightly less than he is losing, whichever period you pick.  It virtually always comes out around this.

This season: p20 w7 d 5 l8

Last 46 games (a season’s worth) p46 w14 d14 l18 - pretty similar ratio, same if you look at his 130+ games too.  That leads me to think this is it.

SL should be looking critically at this.

If we pick a sequence of defeats / winless games, it’s always thrown back in our face.

The above ratios probably leave us at 13/14th overall.

Is that what we want?

Now , see I’d take that Dave for a season or even two 

IF

i could see a plan , how recruitment was matching and knitting in with the playing ethos / plan

and

There were signs of Lee developing and rectifying flaws 

And

If there was a bit more entertainment , and certainly tempo on show 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure what you are trying to get me to say..? 

Out form last 10 games hasn’t been as good as it was in the first 10 games. 

Our form this week has been better than Vs Preston, so it depends over what period you want to focus. 

I’m not trying to get you to say anything necessarily  

However we are getting worse since the start of the season, which is born out by your stats?

Thus we are statistically getting worse over the course of the season so far which is further born out by actual competitive performance we see on the pitch and not a blip.

Thus empirical and anecdotal evidence is we are a worse team than we were in August. 

Would you say that or shall we leave that assessment to me?

We certainly aren't getting better as the season goes on. We seem pedestrian most of the time, low on confidence, and devoid of invention. We keep the ball for the sake of it, rather than looking like we are going to do anything with it.  My prediction for the end of the season is somewhere between 13th & 20th place. Certainly not what SL set out as the target for LJ!

Archived