IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Must play on left with Kelly. A real good partnership forming. Give him a 2nd striker to aim for though.

Interesting. It improved later on, but earlier today (and in several previous games) I’ve been very frustrated by Kelly repeatedly ignoring the chance to supply Eliasson.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Interesting. It improved later on, but earlier today (and in several previous games) I’ve been very frustrated by Kelly repeatedly ignoring the chance to supply Eliasson.

Interesting. Wasn't there today so can't comment. Will watch full 90 when it comes out though. Ipswich they linked up amazingly second half. Think they are a good pairing and it will come with time as Eliasson hasn't always played on the left this season.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Eliasson doesn’t always give good angles.  He doesn’t need to be level with his right-back.  He can be 3-5 yards nearer Kelly, get an easier pass....and then attack his marker.....which he did excellently today.

In his defence, I think Kelly wants to use him as a decoy sometimes too.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Interesting. Wasn't there today so can't comment. Will watch full 90 when it comes out though. Ipswich they linked up amazingly second half. Think they are a good pairing and it will come with time as Eliasson hasn't always played on the left this season.

They combined very well IMHO and they, and certainly NE were our threat throughout the game 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They combined very well IMHO and they, and certainly NE were our threat throughout the game 

Certainly seems many responded as one or both of them two deserved motm. Think they compliment each other well.

Be nice to have some kind of partnership on the right hand side too. Certainly shouldn't be Weimann out there.

Wouldn't mind Watkins and Hunt. Watkins would try to get into the box for NE crosses.

What did you make of Paterson and Diedhiou as our front 2? Mixed views from what I can see.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Certainly seems many responded as one or both of them two deserved motm. Think they compliment each other well.

Be nice to have some kind of partnership on the right hand side too. Certainly shouldn't be Weimann out there.

Wouldn't mind Watkins and Hunt. Watkins would try to get into the box for NE crosses.

What did you make of Paterson and Diedhiou as our front 2? Mixed views from what I can see.

Watkins ?

No , not for me Shtanley

Famara & JP

Ive seen both play worse and JP was more involved than he has been but can’t say he played well

Famara , unless he bucks up soonish ,  Shtanley , is , IMHO , simply not the answer 

I’m not sure what his strength really is , doesn’t get in behind , we’ve tried floated crosses (Preston)  but that was not good to watch his efforts and weve whipped in crosses for him (loads today) and unreality he doesn’t even get near them 

To ge better from him I actually think he actually needs a physical partner to take the physical onus off him

Thought he was great today, always a threat. When fit, Kelly and Eliasson on the left should be our go to left side.

Diedhiou- can only echo what @BCFC11 said really. Yeah the lack of attacking a cross bad but- and I decided at times in 2nd half to watch his movement etc off ball. He just didn't look bang up for it, once he charged down their full back and got us a throw in but beyond that- well there were opportunities for him to press their defence or keeper but he didn't- Reid, or had they been the lone striker this year Weimann or Taylor most certainly would have!

One time in 2nd half, backpass or something- not many defenders or strikers but I was expecting him to at least charge and try force an error but 2nd half he just seemed to be sauntering a lot of the time, does he lack stamina or?? I know he isn't Reid, Weimann or Taylor in that sense, but you expect better!! 

Bust a gut in the box, when their keeper has the ball or when their CB has it deep- that's what a striker needs to do.

Back to Eliasson, broadly agree on the thoughts on Wilbraham would have done well today- with one caveat. His age possibly would have hindered pace etc. Now if he was 10 years younger, well he'd have scored for fun from Eliasson's service today.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought he was great today, always a threat. When fit, Kelly and Eliasson on the left should be our go to left side.

Diedhiou- can only echo what @BCFC11 said really. Yeah the lack of attacking a cross bad but- and I decided at times in 2nd half to watch his movement etc off ball. He just didn't look bang up for it, once he charged down their full back and got us a throw in but beyond that- well there were opportunities for him to press their defence or keeper but he didn't- Reid, or had they been the lone striker this year Weimann or Taylor most certainly would have!

One time in 2nd half, backpass or something- not many defenders or strikers but I was expecting him to at least charge and try force an error but 2nd half he just seemed to be sauntering a lot of the time, does he lack stamina or?? I know he isn't Reid, Weimann or Taylor in that sense, but you expect better!! 

Bust a gut in the box, when their keeper has the ball or when their CB has it deep- that's what a striker needs to do.

Back to Eliasson, broadly agree on the thoughts on Wilbraham would have done well today- with one caveat. His age and possibly would have hindered pace etc. Now if he was 10 years younger, well he'd have scored for fun from Eliasson's service today.

Don’t know how often you do this Mr  P But I always find it most interesting and enlightening and I’d recommend it to all to try

Especially  in the recent bore feats it makes the afternoon more interesting and I try to focus on either a City player or even an opposition player for at least one spell during a game 

Eliasson has been just about our best player this season (behind Webster and Kelly) but it wasn't long ago (just weeks) that the manager couldn't wait to drop him, as per usual. Add in that today and in previous games, Eliasson has been getting in behind his opposite number and getting a dangerous ball in to the far post with unerring regularity, with very little to aim at, only for the manager, at home, to bring on two additional wingers and leave a striker on the bench. You couldn't make it up. Eliasson will be at CSKA next season.

45 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

They were the only 2 that resembled footballers for us yesterday as the rest were pathetic 

Strangely I thought a few individuals had reasonable games

Pack, certainly second half

Josh was ok 

Webster and Kalas didn’t do much wrong and Webster tried to get us play8ng 

Individuals the key word 

As a team we looked turgid on the whole 

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t know how often you do this Mr  P But I always find it most interesting and enlightening and I’d recommend it to all to try

Especially  in the recent bore feats it makes the afternoon more interesting and I try to focus on either a City player or even an opposition player for at least one spell during a game 

First time I've given it a go Bob- agreed it's interesting to hone in, see a players style with more individual focus.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

First time I've given it a go Bob- agreed it's interesting to hone in, see a players style with more individual focus.

Think you can learn more about a player in an intense focus for 10-15 mins that you can in watching him , whilst watching the game ,  in 10 games or more 

Not everyone’s cup of tea - many prefer to just watch the game 

I find it interesting , an education , and as I say enlightening 

As an alternative I’ll watch / focus on say the front pair and how they interact or communicate away from the ball

How the two full backs operate , and they’re relative positioning , are they playing / positioning individually or as a pair 

Especially in unexciting games it provides some interest 

:thumbsup:

This will go against the grain but I think Eliasson is bang average.

I agree he’s got a decent left foot but so much of his crossing is scattergun and he so often gets knocked off the ball. He’s too tame as a footballer to be a major success in the Championship. Being able to cross a decent ball is a given for a half-decent wide man. What else does he offer? 

Half a game goes by, especially away, and you barely notice he’s playing. He doesn’t affect the game enough. 

He wasn’t risked last season because of a total lack of physicality. 

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

I agree he’s got a decent left foot but so much of his crossing is scattergun and he so often gets knocked off the ball. He’s too tame as a footballer to be a major success in the Championship. Being able to cross a decent ball is a given for a half-decent wide man. What else does he offer? 

Half a game goes by, especially away, and you barely notice he’s playing. He doesn’t affect the game enough. 

I agree with you firstdivision. He can cross but that's something you expect from a professional footballer. Most of the time he is floating around in his own no mans land. 

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

Ditto practically everybody wearing a City shirt too. And that's more to do with the tactics and general clueless nature of the head coach if you ask me

Archived