IGNORED

Next Five - how many points?

Super

Birmingham - definite loss

norwich - heroic loss 

Frank lampards derby - just think we’ll get properly tanked - big loss

Brentford- Chorus’s of ‘ up the football league we go’ & ‘Johnson is our king ‘ as we win 

Rotherham - we’ll smash them . Big win - well more than one goal . 

6 points in total . Then we’ll get tanked at stoke on New Year’s Day ... 

Just don't go here; it is too depressing to contemplate

Let's just take it match by match and hope for the best whilst preparing for the worst.

15 points would be a sort of miracle, 0 points would be a disaster.  Based on last 10 games where we accrued 11 points, then 6 would be a good return, 9 a minor miracle.

I really don't know why have the people go to games on here. One negative after another. We weren't expected to get anything at Swansea or brentford but we won both, unlucky against wba played really well that day! Anything can happen in this league so just enjoy it. Better than being in div one surely. Its a tough league and we're doing OK. Over the years we've always played better against the better teams, especially at home. Get behind the team and try to be positive!! 

9 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I really don't know why have the people go to games on here. One negative after another. We weren't expected to get anything at Swansea or brentford but we won both, unlucky against wba played really well that day! Anything can happen in this league so just enjoy it. Better than being in div one surely. Its a tough league and we're doing OK. Over the years we've always played better against the better teams, especially at home. Get behind the team and try to be positive!! 

Did you go to the Millwall match?  How could anyone who has supported City for years have enjoyed that. It was dreadful

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Did you go to the Millwall match?  How could anyone who has supported City for years have enjoyed that. It was dreadful

Yeah Millwall ruined the game, by just sitting in the whole game and just lumping it to grandad. We were trying to win the game and before the bloke got stretchered off, we looked like going on and getting a second. We're better off playing away at the moment what with all the moans and groans at home. Plus away teams have got to try and attack you so it suits us. Preston was the same. Sit in and frustrate all game!! Had some really good results away this season so hoping for more in the coming weeks!! 

43 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah Millwall ruined the game, by just sitting in the whole game and just lumping it to grandad. We were trying to win the game and before the bloke got stretchered off, we looked like going on and getting a second. We're better off playing away at the moment what with all the moans and groans at home. Plus away teams have got to try and attack you so it suits us. Preston was the same. Sit in and frustrate all game!! Had some really good results away this season so hoping for more in the coming weeks!! 

We were gifted a goal and barely had a shot on target.

We withdrew all eleven players into our own half.  With the exception of Kelly we looked a very poor apology for a championship side, although I believe that a change of Coach would work wonders as I am assuming from post match comments that we played as LJ wished.

Very poor fare

I'm not even sure we have it in us to beat Rotherham if I'm honest. LJ will probably start with one up front, then watch helplessly as we struggle to break them down. The other four games I'd have us down for losses on current form. 

So 1 point from 5. Good times under our young, bright coach.

9 hours ago, keynshamred said:

It's great to have this attitude but it's not how football works. Yes, we can keep singing, cheering etc but when the performances on the pitch are awful it creates frustration which kills enthusiasm to sing and cheer. 

Ultimately fans react to what they see on the pitch, if their team is 3-0 down but going for it it creates enthusiasm and respect, the fans then get behind the team. If the team are 1-0 down but look like they've gone to sleep or given up the fans will lose that enthusiasm. 

I honestly don't understand anyone that thinks the fans are going to back a spineless team, fans react to what they see, maybe if the performances show promice you'll see the fans wake up and support the team. 

Brum - Away - L - ( 2-1) - bad ref, but players were "busy bees". "Almost there, just a few editions." "Close to something special."

Norwich Home - L (1-3) - we score first then pull back to defend a lead and get nailed. "Loss of concentration" "Young players, we were niave." 

Frank Lampard's Derby Away - L (4-0) LJ starts to lose it, "financially we can't compete." "We looked good for the first 15 mins." "Individual errors" "If Kelly would have tracked his marker then the first wouldn't have gone in and it would have been a different game." "Players I can trust." "Playing for their futures."

Brentford Home - D (0-0) Lineup has seven changes. (Our goalpost gets man of the match as it stops several goals.) "We have our identity back"

Rotherham Home - L (0-2) Dean holden takes the post match press conference.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

It's great to have this attitude but it's not how football works. Yes, we can keep singing, cheering etc but when the performances on the pitch are awful it creates frustration which kills enthusiasm to sing and cheer. 

Ultimately fans react to what they see on the pitch, if their team is 3-0 down but going for it it creates enthusiasm and respect, the fans then get behind the team. If the team are 1-0 down but look like they've gone to sleep or given up the fans will lose that enthusiasm. 

I honestly don't understand anyone that thinks the fans are going to back a spineless team, fans react to what they see, maybe if the performances show promice you'll see the fans wake up and support the team. 

I think that is what happens with home fans, the away support is generally much better imo.

Less moaning, groaning, and booing our own players.

37 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Brum - Away - L - ( 2-1) - bad ref, but players were "busy bees". "Almost there, just a few editions." "Close to something special."

Norwich Home - L (1-3) - we score first then pull back to defend a lead and get nailed. "Loss of concentration" "Young players, we were niave." 

Frank Lampard's Derby Away - L (4-0) LJ starts to lose it, "financially we can't compete." "We looked good for the first 15 mins." "Individual errors" "If Kelly would have tracked his marker then the first wouldn't have gone in and it would have been a different game." "Players I can trust." "Playing for their futures."

Brentford Home - D (0-0) Lineup has seven changes. (Our goalpost gets man of the match as it stops several goals.) "We have our identity back"

Rotherham Home - L (0-2) Dean holden takes the post match press conference.

Love that. Coffee over my desk, but it was worth it. Cheers Bob.

On 03/12/2018 at 12:52, cidered abroad said:

The optimistic version is

Birmingham City - 1 , NorwichCity - 0, Derby County - 0, Brentford - 1, Rotherham United - 1.

But wouldn't be the least bit surprised to get a big fat zero. And that would make it a very miserable Christmas!

We've got the 3 points you predicted with 4 games to spare ???

On 03/12/2018 at 09:38, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Brum - 0 , Norwich - 0, Derby - 0, Brentford - 1, Rotherham - 1.

2 Points total

You lose !

On 04/12/2018 at 08:13, Spike said:

How are you today? Happy? Quick question, were we gutless today at a team with the only unbeaten record in the football league???? Spineless team?? 

7 hours ago, keynshamred said:

How are you today? Happy? Quick question, were we gutless today at a team with the only unbeaten record in the football league???? Spineless team?? 

You think all our problems are solved after winning a game that could have gone either way? I've made plenty of posts highlighting our issues. 

We get a few good results and it's like "Hey, ships not sinking anymore because I stuck chewing gum in the hole, that fixes everything". 

When we start performing I'll be a lot more confident but in our 2 wins and a draw we've only scored 3 of our 5 goals and despite 30 shots we've only averaged 2.3 shots on target per game. I'll be a lot more confident when we're winning games based on our own performance rather than how badly our opposition played... 

Archived