IGNORED

Rate The Performance - #1: Millwall (H)

The Original OTIB

I thought for an hour, although far from an exciting performance, we were in control of the game. From hour mark until they scored we looked terrified and they were all over us. Last 10 was fine. 

Overall average display 5/10. I thought the boos at the end were harsh. It was 4/10 better than Preston! 

As an aside 2 shots on target between last 2 home games. Shocking.

11 minutes ago, Xspence said:

I thought for an hour, although far from an exciting performance, we were in control of the game. From hour mark until they scored we looked terrified and they were all over us. Last 10 was fine. 

Overall average display 5/10. I thought the boos at the end were harsh. It was 4/10 better than Preston! 

Hence the justified booing.

I thought we dominated the whole match, should have put a beating on them. Poor finishing and effort to finish.

Fammy for a big lump he doesnt put himself about enough even with his Mr T haircut. Like another poster said Djuric would have had many opportunities yesterday and could have grabbed himself a hatrick if he was still here

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

I thought we dominated the whole match, should have put a beating on them. Poor finishing and effort to finish.

Fammy for a big lump he doesnt put himself about enough even with his Mr T haircut. Like another poster said Djuric would have had many opportunities yesterday and could have grabbed himself a hatrick if he was still here

Forgot to add rating 6/10 Should have had 3 points all day long

It id next to impossible to judge the players accurately unless we were to see how they would play under another manager.

I can't but think that LJ's lack of passion must spread into the team.  His father wasn't like that.  And as for liverpool's manager yesterday - just wow 

36 minutes ago, Xspence said:

I thought the boos at the end were tame.

Bloke coming out by the vom behind me was saying to his pal: "I'm not gonna boo'um, but I'm not cheer'um either." And who could argue with that? Most people appeared to be about the same.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did Morison give some back ?

:laughcont:

I noticed him glaring into the Lower Dolman ?

Yes the old geezer was shouting “Morrison too old too slow” whenever he went close - Morrison waved.

He then provided the assist and cupped his ear at our man.

Heckler then waved and clapped so Morrison waved back.

Later Morrison went to ground with cramp and the heckler shouted “see Morrison, I told you you were too old, you can’t even walk”.

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

Yes the old geezer was shouting “Morrison too old too slow” whenever he went close - Morrison waved.

Later Morrison went to ground with cramp and the heckler shouted “see Morrison, I told you you were too old, you can’t even walk”.

Brilliant

:laughcont:

:clapping:

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Brilliant. From the South Stand I could see Morrison involved in some chatter so wondered what it was about. Great banter and fair play to both the fan and Morrison for giving and taking it well - how it should be. 

Atmosphere - 2

Entertainment - 2

Performance - 4

I love football but happened to end up at the rugby Saturday where the marks would be 7 - 8 - 8 respectively.

Never thought I would enjoy a rugby game overall package more than City - times are bad !!

16 minutes ago, Neo said:

Atmosphere - 2

Entertainment - 2

Performance - 4

I love football but happened to end up at the rugby Saturday where the marks would be 7 - 8 - 8 respectively.

Never thought I would enjoy a rugby game overall package more than City - times are bad !!

And that I feel sums up the general malaise with the football being served up on a regular basis.

4/10 and I still feel I am being generous!

We are clearly less than the sum of our parts. The defence isn't bad, but our attacking play and shots on target have gone AWOL, with little evidence that LJ knows where to find them. Millwall only had 3 shots & all were on target. We had 14 and could only manage 1 on target. So in the last 5 home matches, all we could muster has been a penalty, a last minute header and an own goal, won 1, drawn 1, and lost 3. Shockingly poor form by anyone's standards.

13 hours ago, When the river runs said:

This is spot on for me - we were easily the best side and for me were 2 players short of being a good team. 

13 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I thought the boos at the end were tame.

Bloke coming out by the vom behind me was saying to his pal: "I'm not gonna boo'um, but I'm not cheer'um either." And who could argue with that? Most people appeared to be about the same.

Same here didnt boo them but didnt cheer either. Dross and poor performance. Wake up call urgently needed

5/10. We should have got 3 points. I thought that despite our lack of firepower we were ok (6/10) up until 10 mins or so before they scored. My problem is that at that point we sat back, conceded space and failed to keep the ball, so their equaliser looked like it was coming. Maybe the subs should have come on earlier to give us fresh impetus. Once they had the point to cling onto we didn't really have the ability to break them down again and they saw the game out quite easily.

5/10 for me.  I thought we played some very nice stuff, and agree with JonDolman that the 4-1-4-1 was an good shape.  I thought Pato did very well in central midfield, and that Pack had his best game of the season.  That said, the number of chances created was shocking, with no one making incisive runs into the box to give Eliasson and Kelly some options.  How much did we miss Matty Taylor (and Bobby Reid...)?

All that said, Millwall are a horrible team to play against and interesting that last year, when we were just getting our act together, we also played out a sterile draw with Millwall which got a similar reaction from OTIB...

Archived