IGNORED

Portway park and ride

wayne allisons tongues

13 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Am I right in thinking it has gone up in price since the Preston game. Was £4.50 per person then I thought. 

Was £5 per person yesterday, didn’t see it advertised anywhere but don’t live in Bristol so maybe didn’t look in right places.

11% increase is quite steep 

Day rider has gone up to £5,so presumably this covers the p&r as well. 

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

You can use the M-tickets app, which takes the price down to £4

Thanks 

will do next time, usually park by the ground but this season with RPZ getting a space is a nightmare and coming from Manchester can’t guarantee when will get to Bristol.

As it’s £10 for 2. Tempted to park in car parks by ground same price and nearer and don’t have to wait for the bus.

Just seems they are trying to price people out of using public transport 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Thanks 

will do next time, usually park by the ground but this season with RPZ getting a space is a nightmare and coming from Manchester can’t guarantee when will get to Bristol.

As it’s £10 for 2. Tempted to park in car parks by ground same price and nearer and don’t have to wait for the bus.

Just seems they are trying to price people out of using public transport 

Last time I went I parked over by Babcocks the only issue was it took about half hour to get out after the game.

4 hours ago, Redtucks said:

From that link:

ScreenShot032.thumb.jpg.7696a261eab25b8da008870038ec3f1e.jpg

...should it not be £3.50 ???

(after 10am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)

Or am I reading it wrong?

:dunno:

Looks like £3.50 so I’ve been overcharged all season by looks of it when paying £4.50.

Maybe the club need to look into this.

On 04/12/2018 at 07:37, Redtucks said:

From that link:

ScreenShot032.thumb.jpg.7696a261eab25b8da008870038ec3f1e.jpg

...should it not be £3.50 ???

(after 10am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)

Or am I reading it wrong?

:dunno:

I queried this when getting the P&R from Sea Mills a couple of months back. Apparently, the bus ticket system won't let the driver select a return ticket from stops along the route, it has to be a Day Rider as this is all the machine will vend (the driver showed me as I was pretty jarred off at what I perceived to be being overcharged). To get the return ticket you have to travel from the car park in Avonmouth. Funnily enough, Worst Bus fail to point this out on their website!

On 03/12/2018 at 19:13, kivsy said:

Was also going to post this.  , driver said it was on club website ? 

Also last Saturday used portway Park and ride. To do Christmas shopping and a return was £3.50 ! 

I thought the club subsidised this facility. ? 

Club subsidise now thats funny 

55 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

I queried this when getting the P&R from Sea Mills a couple of months back. Apparently, the bus ticket system won't let the driver select a return ticket from stops along the route, it has to be a Day Rider as this is all the machine will vend (the driver showed me as I was pretty jarred off at what I perceived to be being overcharged). To get the return ticket you have to travel from the car park in Avonmouth. Funnily enough, Worst Bus fail to point this out on their website!

At the P&R car park you get charged £4.50 or £5 now. No discount either, did ask driver Sunday why have I got a day rider ticket not Park and Ride was told they are same thing and same price. 

Not sure how to tag Matt parsons to this but maybe he could find out what we all should be paying each match or what the club agreed to.

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

At the P&R car park you get charged £4.50 or £5 now. No discount either, did ask driver Sunday why have I got a day rider ticket not Park and Ride was told they are same thing and same price. 

Not sure how to tag Matt parsons to this but maybe he could find out what we all should be paying each match or what the club agreed to. 

Not sure they are the same thing. I buy a weekly ticket for the park and ride for work every week. The drivers won't let me use that ticket on the AG1 as, according to the driver, it' nothing to do with first bus?!! Although my Dad can use it bus pass!

All sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...or a bit of a swizz!

On 03/12/2018 at 18:45, wayne allisons tongues said:

Am I right in thinking it has gone up in price since the Preston game. Was £4.50 per person then I thought. 

Was £5 per person yesterday, didn’t see it advertised anywhere but don’t live in Bristol so maybe didn’t look in right places.

11% increase is quite steep 

Catch it every day mate. Yes you'e correct, prices went up about 2 weeks ago. Only notice given was a tatty A4 bit of paper in the drivers window, pretty poor IMO. 

I would recommend getting the 'M-Tickets' app where you can buy First Bus tickets online. It's a bit cheaper than buying from the driver.

On 05/12/2018 at 09:49, Undy English said:

Catch it every day mate. Yes you'e correct, prices went up about 2 weeks ago. Only notice given was a tatty A4 bit of paper in the drivers window, pretty poor IMO. 

I would recommend getting the 'M-Tickets' app where you can buy First Bus tickets online. It's a bit cheaper than buying from the driver.

And a hell of a lot easier and quicker

On 05/12/2018 at 08:09, Red Homer said:

Think it's been like that a few years now.

Tried buying a return a few years ago and was told "we don't sell return tickets any more".

That was early 2016- not on the P&R though

not sure if i am right but i think you can use a day rider on the ag bus, so why not buy a off peak day rider of a std park & rider bus ( off peak £3.50 ) while at the P & r get off and then get on the AG Bus, as i mentioned in my last comment try contacting the first buss head office and ask 

On 05/12/2018 at 23:52, swampy said:

Park and walk is a decent idea ... I know dozens of places within a 2 mile of the Gate to park and walk .... for free ... 

I thought you made a big point of not going to games at Ashton Gate..? 

But yes, you are correct. It always makes me laugh when people say they can’t park anywhere near Ashton Gate. 

EVERY single time I drive to Ashton Gate, I park in the same place, 10 mins stroll (Max, with a 4 year old) from the ground and there is always loads of space. 

Archived