IGNORED

“Gold” Category Fixtures

Aaron-Bcfc

Couldn’t help but notice that the upcoming home games this month against Norwich, Brentford and Rotherham have all been listed as Gold category games. Meaning the cheapest adult ticket in the ground for a non-member for all 3 games will come in at a whopping £33 each, or £28 if you’re a member. 

I’d love to hear their justification for that because quite frankly they’re downright taking the piss.

This is my dilemma - if I don’t bother with a ST next season and I truly don’t think I will - I simply would not pay that so I will be restricted to the £20 a ticket away days meaning rival clubs will get most of my money.

Seems silly really to out price your own !?!

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

This is my dilemma - if I don’t bother with a ST next season and I truly don’t think I will - I simply would not pay that so I will be restricted to the £20 a ticket away days meaning rival clubs will get most of my money.

How many away games are you going to get for £20? Has there been more than 1 so far?

if the club lowered it to £20 a ticket it won’t make much difference 

1 minute ago, Neo said:

You have to wonder if the club will consider a 3rd round Premiership fixture at home warrants a 'gold' ticket.

Fifteen quid is probably my max for the Huddersfield game.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to wonder if the club will consider a 3rd round Premiership fixture at home warrants a 'gold' ticket.

Fifteen quid is probably my max for the Huddersfield game.

I’d hold out for £20 they’ll be desperate. :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Couldn’t help but notice that the upcoming home games this month against Norwich, Brentford and Rotherham have all been listed as Gold category games. Meaning the cheapest adult ticket in the ground for a non-member for all 3 games will come in at a whopping £33 each, or £28 if you’re a member. 

I’d love to hear their justification for that because quite frankly they’re downright taking the piss.

Wow

Wtf - with what’s being served up ?

:laughcont:

And Rotherham a gold category game

another embarrassing OG , and at  a time like the present

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wow

Wtf - with what’s being served up ?

And Rotherham a gold category game

another embarrassing OG , and at  a time like the present

The Rotherham game is a mystery for sure. The other two is more understandable. Norwich are a biggish club and Brentford just down the M4.......but Rotherham?............:dunno:

More so than the crap served up sometimes by LJ and co, the thing that angers me the most is tickets prices.  Even as a member, ticket prices are still too expensive, as this shows.  They should bloody give the tickets away for the Rotherham game, that will be a shocking game of football.  Because of ticket prices I can only afford to go to 1 City game a month, which pisses the hell out of me, but also prevents me witnessing crap like the Preston game, so there might be some saving grace there.

4 minutes ago, KevP said:

Bristol Sport is a business. They don't give a toss, we are just walking wallets now..."customers"....Not like it used to be.

But even that doesn’t make sense. As a business they would want as much income as possible, the only extra from STs is people who don’t/can’t go every game. The Norwich game is on TV so making the game ‘gold’ is counter productive. Many won’t bother and just go to the pub, specially after what’s been served up lately. 

Rotherham is different, although I would have thought charge less and try and get an atmosphere, not use an important game to ream the fans.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

But even that doesn’t make sense. As a business they would want as much income as possible, the only extra from STs is people who don’t/can’t go every game. The Norwich game is on TV so making the game ‘gold’ is counter productive. Many won’t bother and just go to the pub, specially after what’s been served up lately. 

Rotherham is different, although I would have thought charge less and try and get an atmosphere, not use an important game to ream the fans.

Agreed...but just look at the cost of City shirts, jackets, coats etc !!! More examples of how we are being ripped of...IMHO of course ! 

If Rotherham can be classified as gold then how on earth can any other match be a lower category? I’d like to know which teams have a lower wow factor than Rotherham. Perhaps gold is the new bronze 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

If Rotherham can be classified as gold then how on earth can any other match be a lower category? I’d like to know which teams have a lower wow factor than Rotherham. Perhaps gold is the new bronze 

As EastEndOldBoy pointed out (it was lost on me) that it’s supply and demand over the busy Xmas/new year.....

Nothing will change till you stop going and stop buying. It was infuriating last season during the ST fiasco that everyone was 'up for sonething' to protesr so long as it didn't affect the team. What that translated as was that they were up for something as long as they didn't have to miss any of the match. As a result nothing happened and BS got away with it.

2 hours ago, KevP said:

Agreed...but just look at the cost of City shirts, jackets, coats etc !!! More examples of how we are being ripped of...IMHO of course ! 

On the wider point, not just City, it's the modern game isn't it.

That said, the Categories for this are somewhat OTT- can't see there being a huge takeup at those prices in our current form...

13 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Simple,don't go, falling attendance and Landsdown may get the message, less revenue, if I never had a season tkt I wouldn't bother with him in charge, JOHNSON OUT, 

Archived