IGNORED

“Gold” Category Fixtures

Aaron-Bcfc

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the wider point, not just City, it's the modern game isn't it.

That said, the Categories for this are somewhat OTT- can't see there being a huge takeup at those prices in our current form...

Yep....I paid £37.50 at QPR one night last year......for a crap stand with shite facilities....

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems quite standard then- wasn't just talking tickets though but merchandise examples that you stated- it's pretty pricy now.

Indeed. We seem to be pretty good in comparison to some tbf. In the Real Madrid shop last week a ‘match ready’ replica shirt was €130!! Complete and utter p take. Appreciate it’s a slightly extreme example and that the quality will be miles better but still.....

Yep, Single game tickets at AG are a joke. I buy every Boxing day at home and it's a Gold match whatever team is visiting. Every year it is around (or even over) £40 a seat as the only tickets you can get as a group are Dolman or Lansdown stands.

Then you look down into the SS and see it is full of empty seats because ST holders don't turn up.

Compare that to Brentford where I sat in the home end, equivalent of Lansdown wings, for our game there and it was £23. Brentford's stadium is half our capacity.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems quite standard then- wasn't just talking tickets though but merchandise examples that you stated- it's pretty pricy now.

Yep, but some clubs keep the prices low...Brentford recently for example. But £100 for a padded jacket type garment.....?

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Simple,don't go, falling attendance and Landsdown may get the message, less revenue, if I never had a season tkt I wouldn't bother with him in charge, JOHNSON OUT, 

I’ve got a season ticket - was just making the point as it’s not fair on those who don’t.

4 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Nothing will change till you stop going and stop buying. It was infuriating last season during the ST fiasco that everyone was 'up for sonething' to protesr so long as it didn't affect the team. What that translated as was that they were up for something as long as they didn't have to miss any of the match. As a result nothing happened and BS got away with it.

Easy near answer is s mass no-show at Norwich. Can still watch game elsewhere and will look embarrassing for the club in a half empty no atmosphere stadium!!

6 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Nothing will change till you stop going and stop buying. It was infuriating last season during the ST fiasco that everyone was 'up for sonething' to protesr so long as it didn't affect the team. What that translated as was that they were up for something as long as they didn't have to miss any of the match. As a result nothing happened and BS got away with it.

I did not renew, i hated the second part of the season, missed a fair few as I couldn't face it and asking for over 200 quid extra for me and my boy to sit in the same seats tipped me over the edge. I'm glad I didnt as whats being served up masquerading as football is not something I want to give up either my time attending or hard earned for. Its going to be interesting to see what half season tickets get sold soon (if any!) I'm not going back down there until LJ has gone.

24 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

They cashed in on the man Utd game last year to shift half season tickets and if memory serves me there was a Good up take add that to the fact we were flying in the league. God know what there selling point is this year. 

Probably be a good cure for insomnia that would be the only selling point 

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Easy near answer is s mass no-show at Norwich. Can still watch game elsewhere and will look embarrassing for the club in a half empty no atmosphere stadium!!

That's what i'l be doing mate watch in in a local boozer got a Xmas do on the evening later on by the time you leave and get back from the stadium it would ruin your night and I'm a season ticket holder this year but like you had enough now

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of the upcoming fixtures. I bet there will be many ST holders not going who will happily take a few quid for it....

Some clubs operate a  ticket exchange system whereby season ticket holders, who can’t attend certain matches,  can sell them via the club. The clubs usually take a, often, substantial cut. There isn’t a financial  incentive for City to do this for matches like Rotherham as it’s not going to be a sellout, but it would build good will

19 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Always bigger crowds over the Christmas/ New Year period, so I’m guessing it is a supply and demand situation.

Supply and demand is only a valid argument if we sell all the tickets. We will get no where near 26K for these games.

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Some clubs operate a  ticket exchange system whereby season ticket holders, who can’t attend certain matches,  can sell them via the club. The clubs usually take a, often, substantial cut. There isn’t a financial  incentive for City to do this for matches like Rotherham as it’s not going to be a sellout, but it would build good will

Goodwill is not a currency Bristol Sport trade in.

20 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Always bigger crowds over the Christmas/ New Year period, so I’m guessing it is a supply and demand situation.

It's not exactly value for money is it.?  If you base your price on the quality of available entertainment/product, then £33 is urine extraction.  Bradford just charged £1 a ticket for a home game and achieved an 18,000 turnout.  Of course a quid  is a bit ridiculous...........so maybe it should be based on a pound per shots on target for the last couple of home games?  So that comes to, Um.............£2 per ticket. ?

12 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

But even that doesn’t make sense. As a business they would want as much income as possible, the only extra from STs is people who don’t/can’t go every game. The Norwich game is on TV so making the game ‘gold’ is counter productive. Many won’t bother and just go to the pub, specially after what’s been served up lately. 

Rotherham is different, although I would have thought charge less and try and get an atmosphere, not use an important game to ream the fans.

Yep seems like they run P R in a similar manner to how LJ  runs his team?  Haphazardly, and with no sense of purpose. What has happened to the club I once followed loyally home and away?

Archived