IGNORED

Hypothetical

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d take Maenpaa for FF, Fammy for Aaron (wasn’t really up to Championship), Webster for Ayling (just) and Pato for Freeman (form aside Pato is the better player imo). Funny how people see it different. I’d have Flint, Joe and Kodjia back in a heartbeat though ?

Webster and Fam yeah I can see that. I'd swap pato for Freeman tomorrow. Even 2015/16 wilbs would have done a job against millwall, in fact he was exactly what we needed. Not properly replaced imo. 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

You may be right, but there has been quite a few who weren’t....off the top of my head....Djuric, O’Dowda, Hegeler, Kalas, Maenpaa, Engvall, Elliason, Pisano, Wright, De Girolamo, Begovic, Magnússon, Lucic, Ekstrand, Plavotic, Diédhiou, Weimann, Eisa, Diony, Leko, Giefer...

Clutching straws there to be fair. 

Eisa & Leko practically English. De Giro is English! Plavotic/Begovic weren’t for first team.... ODowda born in England....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You may be right, but there has been quite a few who weren’t....off the top of my head....Djuric, O’Dowda, Hegeler, Kalas, Maenpaa, Engvall, Elliason, Pisano, Wright, De Girolamo, Begovic, Magnússon, Lucic, Ekstrand, Plavotic, Diédhiou, Weimann, Eisa, Diony, Leko, Giefer...

giphy (2).gif

12 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d take Maenpaa for FF, Fammy for Aaron (wasn’t really up to Championship), Webster for Ayling (just) and Pato for Freeman (form aside Pato is the better player imo). Funny how people see it different. I’d have Flint, Joe and Kodjia back in a heartbeat though ?

Freeman now valued at 10 to 14million you would take Patterson really?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit of a dodgy list that. 9 of those came from, or had just been released from English clubs which is different from buying straight from abroad in my eyes. A lot of those youth players as well and not for the first team. O’Dowda might represent Ireland but he’s English, same goes for De Girolamo. Leko has been here since he was 8 years old (also represents England) and Eisa since he was 9.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wonder how much all this cost. I dread to think 

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Bit of a dodgy list that. 9 of those came from, or had just been released from English clubs which is different from buying straight from abroad in my eyes. A lot of those youth players as well and not for the first team. O’Dowda might represent Ireland but he’s English, same goes for De Girolamo. Leko has been here since he was 8 years old (also represents England) and Eisa since he was 9.

Still all pretty shit though. If we do narrow down those that have come directly from abroad it doesn't make great viewing. I'd suggest we scout closer to home for time being. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Clutching straws there to be fair. 

Eisa & Leko practically English. De Giro is English! Plavotic/Begovic weren’t for first team.... ODowda born in England....

Eisa was born in Sudan, Leko was born in the DR of Congo - “practically English” ?! Not sure what that means... De Giro has Italian parents and ok O’Dowda was born in this country but plays for a non-British country - and Plavotic and Begovic are non-British players brought in by LJ - you only stipulated ‘players brought in by Johnson’ - you gave no other criteria - so I’ll give you De Giro and O’Dowda - so that’s still 19 non-British players that I mentioned off the top of my head that were brought in by LJ - quite a few...

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Still all pretty shit though. If we do narrow down those that have come directly from abroad it doesn't make great viewing. I'd suggest we scout closer to home for time being. 

Only players from abroad were; Hegeler, Djuric, Engvall, Elliasson, Pisano, Magnússon, Diedhiou, Diony & Giefer.

Engvall, Diony and Giefer were absolute awful. 

Hegeler and Pisano were unlucky with injuries. 

Maggers, Djuric and Diedhiou are/were not bad.

Elliasson looks to be a good buy. 

Now you look at some of the other players brought in by Johnson; Baker, Moore, Walsh, Watkins, Taylor etc. Do they really stand out above the rest? No, not enough to say we should be buying British only. 

Look at the success Norwich are currently having for example. 

7 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Bit of a dodgy list that. 9 of those came from, or had just been released from English clubs which is different from buying straight from abroad in my eyes. A lot of those youth players as well and not for the first team....

I wasn’t replying to a post that was about players ‘signed straight from abroad’ I was replying to a post that was about ‘signing foreign players’ - big difference....and the post to which I was replying said nothing about players signed for just the first team...it was about players signed by LJ....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eisa was born in Sudan, Leko was born in the DR of Congo - “practically English” ?! Not sure what that means... De Giro has Italian parents and ok O’Dowda was born in this country but plays for a non-British country - and Plavotic and Begovic are non-British players brought in by LJ - you only stipulated ‘players brought in by Johnson’ - you gave no other criteria - so I’ll give you De Giro and O’Dowda - so that’s still 19 non-British players that I mentioned off the top of my head that were brought in by LJ - quite a few...

Being brought up from a young age in England makes you practically English, especially when you’re comparing players.

I doubt Platovic & Begovic were LJ signings but by Tinnion/Academy. 

De Giros mum is English.... 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Only players from abroad were; Hegeler, Djuric, Engvall, Elliasson, Pisano, Magnússon, Diedhiou, Diony & Giefer.

Engvall, Diony and Giefer were absolute awful. 

Hegeler and Pisano were unlucky with injuries. 

Maggers, Djuric and Diedhiou are/were not bad.

Elliasson looks to be a good buy. 

Now you look at some of the other players brought in by Johnson; Baker, Moore, Walsh, Watkins, Taylor etc. Do they really stand out above the rest? No, not enough to say we should be buying British only. 

Look at the success Norwich are currently having for example. 

Your earlier post wasn’t about players signed directly from clubs abroad, it was about foreign players signed by LJ...and anyway your analysis above has missed out Lucic who was signed from Bayern Munich and Begovic from Hoffenheim - so both signed directly from abroad...you may have missed out others as well...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your earlier post wasn’t about players signed directly from clubs abroad, it was about foreign players signed by LJ...and anyway your analysis above has missed out Lucic who was signed from Bayern Munich and Begovic from Hoffenheim - so both signed directly from abroad...you may have missed out others as well...

I’m not mentioning youth players for a reason. 

Do you honestly think that Lucic/Begovic have any influence on our success?

Im comparing players who actually played, City’s team would of been successful with anyone on the bench, look at Richards. 

Blimey. 

59 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

At this point in 15-16 we’d just been smashed 3-0 on a grim day at Rotherham so I’d say current side wins. Think people in this thread are forgetting that we were crap that season (worse than we are now) and it was Johnson who ultimately came in, got some huge results and kept us up.

I think to be fair mate John Pemberton and Wade Elliott were getting a run together before LJ came along.

The corner had been turned to an extent.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Off the top of your head - Jeeesus, good job you didn't think hard about it, didn't realise we've had so many tourists

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In a one off game

With the respective managers in charge of their teams

Definitely 14/15 for me

LJ would spend weeks on intricate tactical plans for his side

SC would get a performance out of his

I hate people that end their posts with "End of thread". 

End of thread. 

If we could select any starting XI from this season v 15/16 I'd edge for this season. Bennett/Bryan got high up the pitch, think this seasons team could hit them hard on the counter with Eliasson, O'Dowda, Brownhill, Taylor, Weimann up against the CM's and back 3, Ayling wasn't as good at CB as right back, Flint we know could struggle against quick paced opposition. The width 18/19 would get in behind 15/16's WB's would stretch the CB's creating space in the middle.

weve shown in some games Swansea/Sheffield Utd etc we can play tightly and I think we play better with Weimann and Taylor rather than Diedhiou. 15/16 I think would be relying on Kodjia or set pieces for goals.

Lots of propangda on this thread which is totally ignoring the fact 15/16 under Cotterill we were deep in the relegation zone and 18/19 we are nowhere near.

Our defence now is significantly better and 18/19 would hit 15/16 on the break (like every other team did that season) for a tight 1 goal win.

Some short memories here. Cotterills 2015-16 team was appauling. We had won just three games by this point of the season and regularly conceded 3 or more goals. We were dominating games but getting punished for silly errors and it was often game over by half time.

I think againt the current lot, they would dominate possession and have more chances but the current side would pick them off on the break. They are far more streetwise and have shown that they can win a game ugly (see Hull, QPR, Ipswich etc)

7 hours ago, Olé said:

18/19 with 4-4-1-1 has the better players, 14/15 with 3-5-2 has the better strikers and the more attacking intent.

18/19 would have 65% of the possession and 2 shots, both off target. 14/15 would have 35% of the possession and about 10 shots on target.

In summary 14/15 would get a smash and grab win by 1 or 2 goals and largely against the run of play (conducted mainly on the halfway line) and Cotterill would tell someone in the crowd to **** off. Worst case the match would probably end 0-0 and Lee Johnson would declare it a resounding success and insist 18/19 have got their identity back.

No need for me to post now. 

:clap:

Basically another chance for those with an agenda against Johnson to bash him without thinking it through properly. 

This side now would stroll past that side easily, man for man it's easily better and it has a better manager to boot. 

Comfortable 3-0 win for 18/19 there 

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

This side now would stroll past that side easily, man for man it's easily better and it has a better manager to boot

If the current side is man for man "easily better" and with a better manager why is the average league position of players in the older side higher than our current side (of 8 of the 11 older players now at new clubs, 7 of 8 are above us in the league).

Words like "stroll" and "easily" are a little generous in the circumstances! If they're so much better players than ones above them in the league, it can't be "a better manager to boot" or he's having a shocker. If he is better, clearly the players aren't.

Archived