IGNORED

Sol destroying defeat for Macclesfield

WhistleHappy

• Admin

EFL statement just released 

Macclesfield Town’s fixture with Plymouth Argyle will not go ahead as planned on Saturday 21 December after the club was issued with a zero capacity notice by the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

The notice was served by the SAG on Thursday and the club, with the assistance of the EFL, had spent the intervening 24 hours working on a solution in respect of the outstanding inspections and tests required at the Moss Rose Stadium that would ensure the capacity was reinstated.

Despite making significant progress, the SAG is not satisfied all its requirements have been met and have maintained the capacity of the stadium at zero, resulting in the club informing the League it would not be in a position to fulfil the fixture with supporters in attendance.

The club did request to play behind closed doors, however on consideration, as per the provisions in Regulation 33.1, the EFL did not agree to the request.

The core principles behind EFL competitions are that all its fixtures are to be played in front of spectators and playing behind closed doors significantly increases the risks of crowds congregating in the vicinity of the stadium.

As a result of the game not going ahead, the club will be charged with misconduct for failing to fulfil its fixture obligations.

The club received a six-point deduction on Thursday after pleading guilty to charges of non-payment of wages and failure to fulfil its fixture obligations. A further four points were suspended as a result of the charges.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Macclesfield Town’s fixture with Plymouth Argyle will not go ahead as planned on Saturday 21 December after the club was issued with a zero capacity notice by the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

The notice was served by the SAG on Thursday and the club, with the assistance of the EFL, had spent the intervening 24 hours working on a solution in respect of the outstanding inspections and tests required at the Moss Rose Stadium that would ensure the capacity was reinstated.

Despite making significant progress, the SAG is not satisfied all its requirements have been met and have maintained the capacity of the stadium at zero, resulting in the club informing the League it would not be in a position to fulfil the fixture with supporters in attendance.

The club did request to play behind closed doors, however on consideration, as per the provisions in Regulation 33.1, the EFL did not agree to the request.

The core principles behind EFL competitions are that all its fixtures are to be played in front of spectators and playing behind closed doors significantly increases the risks of crowds congregating in the vicinity of the stadium.

As a result of the game not going ahead, the club will be charged with misconduct for failing to fulfil its fixture obligations.

The club received a six-point deduction on Thursday after pleading guilty to charges of non-payment of wages and failure to fulfil its fixture obligations. A further four points were suspended as a result of the charges.

Macclesfield just released this....

Screenshot_20191220-220544_Twitter.jpg

On 04/12/2019 at 22:59, phantom said:

… Former Macclesfield manager Sol Campbell has backed a bid from HM Revenue & Customs to wind up the League Two club.

The High Court was told on Wednesday that the 45-year-old, who now manages Southend, is owed £180,000 by the club.

A winding-up petition issued over an unpaid tax bill was eventually adjourned for an eighth time.

The financially-troubled club will now appear again before the court over their debts on 18 December.

Seems like Campbell couldn't give a **** about the supporters of his former club, or its players.. 

He backed the proposal to wind 'em up …. Regardless how this sorry saga concludes, it's clear that as far as Sol Campbell is concerned his former club are well and truly black listed.  

(if I was a Macclesfield I'd be pretty wound up already, without a kick in the teeth from Mr Campbell)

8 hours ago, phantom said:

What I don’t get is the ground was fine last league games to use. What has changed to refuse a safety certificate now.

19 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What I don’t get is the ground was fine last league games to use. What has changed to refuse a safety certificate now.

No money to pay police, stewards etc probably. Plymouth, as they always do, would have brought a fair few (not g*s levels of away support obviously!) but probably 1k +. They might have got away with it if they were playing Colchester or someone like that.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Seems like Campbell couldn't give a **** about the supporters of his former club, or its players.. 

He backed the proposal to wind 'em up …. Regardless how this sorry saga concludes, it's clear that as far as Sol Campbell is concerned his former club are well and truly black listed.  

(if I was a Macclesfield I'd be pretty wound up already, without a kick in the teeth from Mr Campbell)

I'm with Sol on this; there are too many clubs chasing promotion with money they don't have meaning that clubs who aren't doing this suffer.

Neither Plymouth nor Notts County should have been relegated last season; Bury should have been put down there and then.

The clubs always continue anyway.  Bradford Park Avenue and Aldershot are still playing. Where there are fans supporting it there will always be a club.

8 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Nice to know you are in a position to write off £160k plus, even with his previous earnings I doubt Campbell can.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Nice to know you are in a position to write off £160k plus, even with his previous earnings I doubt Campbell can.

Didn't say he should wipe off the debt... He wants the club wound up.   How much of it do you reckon he's likely to get if the entire club disappears? 

I hope the club survives, the current incompetent owners are f **** d out of it and the innocent fans still  have a team to follow at the end of the day..  To be honest I'm not going to lose any sleep over Sol Campbells financial situation. 

41 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Didn't say he should wipe off the debt... He wants the club wound up.   How much of it do you reckon he's likely to get if the entire club disappears? 

I hope the club survives, the current incompetent owners are f **** d out of it and the innocent fans still  have a team to follow at the end of the day..  To be honest I'm not going to lose any sleep over Sol Campbells financial situation. 

That's probably what their board said when they reneged on their deal.

• Admin

Macclesfield Town can confirm that an independent arbitration panel has reduced sanctions made on the club by an independent Disciplinary Commission in December 2019.

After considering the original verdict which imposed a sporting sanction of ten points (with four suspended) on the club, the panel revised this to a seven-point deduction - four to be applied immediately, with three to be suspended.

The League Two table has been amended with immediate effect and we would like to humbly thank the panel for their hard work in reaching this decision.

We would also like to thank the EFL for their help, advice and transparency during this process.

image.png

Macclesfield charged again!

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/efl-statement-macclesfield-town/

Clubs in the Championship might be watching this with interest on FFP- the charge isn't FFP related but some of the detail is perhaps applicable in other areas...

The Club has been charged with failing to pay a number of players on the applicable payment dates due in March 2020, whilst also failing to act with utmost good faith in respect of matters with the EFL and for breaching an order, requirement, direction or instruction of the League.

Archived