IGNORED

Have that then you LJ haters !!

Meh

Latest video about Saturday our manager has said they have worked all week on crosses and getting bodies in the box and our strikers making those strong runs into the box.

5 months into the season and he comes up with this master stroke and even implements in time for the team to work on it for a whole week.  Genius.

Like to see any of you come up with that sort of out of the box thinking in such a short space of time.

He is so ahead of his time, next he will pull out a gem like shooting practice or attacking a set-piece.

#comingonstrong

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Latest video about Saturday our manager has said they have worked all week on crosses and getting bodies in the box and our strikers making those strong runs into the box.

5 months into the season and he comes up with this master stroke and even implements in time for the team to work on it for a whole week.  Genius.

Like to see any of you come up with that sort of out of the box thinking in such a short space of time.

He is so ahead of his time, next he will pull out a gem like shooting practice or attacking a set-piece.

#comingonstrong

The guy's an effin genius.

Why did we ever doubt him?

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

#comingonstrong

You need to calm down......he`s talking about our own penalty box...and the kind opposition players scoring for us....he thinks its time we scored for them as they have been so helpful to us recently.

You don't think he was talking about us attacking the opposition goal do you........? that's right up the other end of the pitch aint it?

Crosses are an inefficient way quite often anyway of scoring a goal.

Plus Birmingham being 4-4-2 and quite good on the break averaging only about 40-45% possession as they do- that means a crossing game could well play into their hands if anything- he can only be looking to lull them into a false sense of security, tactical genius!

Seriously, I don't see it working if that's the plan, will help Birmingham if anything.

To me, he's responding to the pressure by putting out crowd pleasing statements- or what he sees as crowd pleasing statements as he did before Leeds- even at the expense of sound tactics for the occasion.

Yet when he does go tactical he invariably gets it wrong in any case- well this season anyway- and in games certain tactical tweaks might work- he decides to cede an advantage.

LJ should really be keeping this kind of ground breaking revolutionary thinking under wraps.  Because other sides, before long,  might cotton on to his crossing/box/bodies tactical breakthrough, and start employing similar ideas?............... Good luck to our numerical busy little bees at Birmingham?

On the subject of the press conference, I see he also said: "I think [Milan Djuric] is an option that we've lost. He was a great guy but unfortunately he had a torrid time with injuries and it definitely affected his mobility. It's all well and good having a big man, but the way we play in the Championship - we want a big man that's got mobility as well"

[so far so good]

He then said: "We might not be able to bring in a striker [here we go] because he's not available or affordable or accessible and so we might have to adapt and bring in a very good attacking midfielder or a wde-man or whatever we deem fit to adjust the balance and give us that little bit of sparkle". And there you have it. Winger #7 incoming...

I understand the need to downplay specific transfer plans or the possibility of making a signing, but to only do so to explicitly open the door to his obsession with "busy bees" in midfield and out wide. You know that's already precisely what he wants to sign, regardless. Why else make the point? Especially when we can all see it's not the gap. 

I guess actually kicking a ball might break up the daily ten hour session of power-point presentations.

That’s probably the root of our injury crisis. I can see it, a classroom, earlier in the season.

Korey awakes, the wet of dribble on his chin telling him he is somewhere round the six hour mark. Blinks, the big screen comes into focus. LJ’s laser pointer, the red dot gesturing at a pie chart, at the thin slice called “one percents” - grass height, transition between thirds, platforms. The red dot avoiding, allergic, to the overwhelming section marked, “The Basics.”

Looking round the classroom. So many faces, always new faces. A tall German sitting to his right. A football clip, a free kick on a phone hidden in a cupped hand. Has he seen him before? He catches the repeated whisper, “You played in the champion’s league. You scored in the champion’s league.”

A young Irish lad staring at a blank sheet of paper. Not allowed pens, not after what Matty Taylor did to his own hip flexor. The Irish boy staring at the sheet, but he can see only one thing, the date at the end of his contract. He’s strong, he’ll make it.

Patterson’s voice, the chorus starting from the front of the classroom, “Possession is perfection. A pass to the side is safe. A pass back, not haste.”

Numb, head drifting. A screen of line graphs. Franky in an iso cube, four months now. Just a repeated video of goal kicks with arrows directing to the flanks. Numbers, percentages, chances of retaining possession flash on screen.

A voice from his side, his neighbour, “It’s too late for me.”

A face, mouth slack, eyes rolling up into the skull. Memories of another time, a better time, when they passed the ball forward. When they won the league. More points than Chelsea. Other faces, but gone now, like their names. Free. Escaped.

The eyes roll into focus, “Korey, its me, Pack. Marlon.” Fingers touch his own, “I’m too far gone. Can’t fight it any longer. Save yourself.”

Fingers brushing his own. Something white, a plastic cutlery fork. Must have hidden it, security being tight after what Bailey did to himself with that dinner tray. Tough Aussie must have sharpened it with his teeth.

Takes the shiv, hears Pack whisper, “We were champions once.”

The chorus repeating from the front of the classroom, “Possession is perfection. A pass to the side is safe. A pass back, not haste.”

The thud of approaching feet. The threat of discovery, of an iso cube. Busy bees. Transition between thirds. Identity. He drives the plastic knife into the side of his knee. Tears, tears at the knowledge he can still feel. Falling now, slipping out the side of his chair. Laughter. His laughter. Escape.

Now I’m not ITK so this might not be an entirely accurate representation of events. Just a bit of fun. ?

Archived