IGNORED

Have that then you LJ haters !!

Meh

3 hours ago, firstdivision said:

When was Djuric ever fit? For about five minutes. He was good in theory; a waste of time in practice.

52 minutes ago, Olé said:

On the subject of the press conference, I see he also said: "I think [Milan Djuric] is an option that we've lost. He was a great guy but unfortunately he had a torrid time with injuries and it definitely affected his mobility. It's all well and good having a big man, but the way we play in the Championship - we want a big man that's got mobility as well"

[so far so good]

He then said: "We might not be able to bring in a striker [here we go] because he's not available or affordable or accessible and so we might have to adapt and bring in a very good attacking midfielder or a wde-man or whatever we deem fit to adjust the balance and give us that little bit of sparkle". And there you have it. Winger #7 incoming...

I understand the need to downplay specific transfer plans or the possibility of making a signing, but to only do so to explicitly open the door to his obsession with "busy bees" in midfield and out wide. You know that's already precisely what he wants to sign, regardless. Why else make the point? Especially when we can all see it's not the gap. 

I read something earlier.that said Milan was a great “buy”.....appears having read above and listened to the interview he did say “Guy”.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Latest video about Saturday our manager has said they have worked all week on crosses and getting bodies in the box and our strikers making those strong runs into the box.

5 months into the season and he comes up with this master stroke and even implements in time for the team to work on it for a whole week.  Genius.

Like to see any of you come up with that sort of out of the box thinking in such a short space of time.

He is so ahead of his time, next he will pull out a gem like shooting practice or attacking a set-piece.

#comingonstrong

In all it's glory:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-working-hard-to-improve-attacking-threats/

Creating chances to score more goals has been high on the agenda in training this week.

It’s an area Lee Johnson believes needs strengthening as the squad looks to add more goals to their tally. No shit.

After coming away from Portman Road with three goals a week ago, they delivered a host of crosses against Millwall although they could not turn many of those opportunities into clear-cut chances.

The head coach is currently preparing his side to take on Birmingham City this Saturday (December 8th, 3pm KO).

Johnson said: “We’ve had a bit of consistency in our performances, we’ve got a bit of our identity back with those busy little bees HA HA creating numerical advantages. Sorry Lee, consistency in our performances?. Preston, Reading, Ipswich and Millwall. TBF you are right, there was consistency in those performances.

“Against Millwall we dominated but to lose the two points through a poor goal was disappointing but there were a lot of positives. Like an own goal isn't a poor goal.

“Training this week has been built around crosses and putting bodies in the box, getting forward and being brighter so we continue to work hard and we look forward to the game at the weekend. @spudski should alert LJ to the error of his ways, everyone knows that more crosses = less goals.

“We’re not the finished article, we never have been and we have to be humble in the way we approach our training and games. What???!!! Lee, read that back to yourself several times, then please explain what the **** it means.

“We have to strive to improve every day and that doesn’t change. There are always elements we want to improve and this week the structure of training has been built around finishing and getting more bodies in goal-scoring areas.” The structure of training has been built around finishing". FFS.

GENIUS. ABSOLUTE EFFING GENIUS. 

"Humble".........defined as unassertive, submissive, meek. Any of that ring a bell with our recent performances? This our game plan for Saturday and, maybe, the rest of the season? Be grateful for the odd own goal cos there might not be much else. Well, maybe another winger! Uriah Heep. Ever so 'umble. 

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

In all it's glory:

Creating chances to score more goals has been high on the agenda in training this week.

It’s an area Lee Johnson believes needs strengthening as the squad looks to add more goals to their tally. No shit.

After coming away from Portman Road with three goals a week ago, they delivered a host of crosses against Millwall although they could not turn many of those opportunities into clear-cut chances.

The head coach is currently preparing his side to take on Birmingham City this Saturday (December 8th, 3pm KO).

Johnson said: “We’ve had a bit of consistency in our performances, we’ve got a bit of our identity back with those busy little bees HA HA creating numerical advantages. Sorry Lee, consistency in our performances?. Preston, Reading, Ipswich and Millwall. TBF you are right, there was consistency in those performances.

“Against Millwall we dominated but to lose the two points through a poor goal was disappointing but there were a lot of positives. Like an own goal isn't a poor goal.

“Training this week has been built around crosses and putting bodies in the box, getting forward and being brighter so we continue to work hard and we look forward to the game at the weekend. @spudski should alert LJ to the error of his ways, everyone knows that more crosses = less goals.

“We’re not the finished article, we never have been and we have to be humble in the way we approach our training and games. What???!!! Lee, read that back to yourself several times, then please explain what the **** it means.

“We have to strive to improve every day and that doesn’t change. There are always elements we want to improve and this week the structure of training has been built around finishing and getting more bodies in goal-scoring areas.” The structure of training has been built around finishing". FFS.

get this gobble-de-gook salesman out of our club and his teacher, MA and his pupils J Mac and D Holden.....use there wages to bring in a tried and tested manager who knows how to get the respect and best out of players without the use of a laptop and absolute bull crap that comes from his mouth........please, thank you.

I’m thinking his ‘humble’  quote means that we got to realise that we don’t know it all yet, that there is still a lot of work to do.  He maybe saying he has players who think they only have to turn up. Lazy, cosy?*

*I am worried now that I seem to be making some sense of what LJ comes out with :laugh:

And as for telling the opposition we are working hard to get crosses in, dontvworry it’s just a ploy as we will almost certainly do the exact opposite. That will confuse ‘em. :clapping:

Whilst we're on the discussion of wingers I would like to add that I don't even think our wingers are bad, we had Ryan Kent and he was average at best for us, he's gone to Rangers and looks like a different player. I couldn't put my finger on why this happened until I watched him play for Rangers a few times with my mate who is a Rangers fan and it was clear to see that Gerrard knows his strengths and his weaknesses and most importantly how to implement him into a system that allows him to shine. LJ seems to be oblivious that when you define how your team is going to play you need to build that style on the players strengths and weaknesses, not tell them how they should play and make them try to adjust to that.

Considering people say LJ is inexperienced and will learn Gerrard appears to have a better ability to look at his players and find a way to make a system that compliments them in his first year on the job whilst Lee has had 3 years at this club and still doesn't have a clue what system he wants to play or who is going to play what role. 

It's insanely frustrating to see that raw talent we briefly saw in flickers turn into a much more fleshed out impressive player once he's given the chance with some consistency and understanding implemented by the manager. Looking back at last season I think I'm starting to understand why Lee is struggling so much this season. Last season we had Flint, an obvious big man who is great at getting onto the end of crosses or throw in's on set pieces, you couldn't use him incorrectly because his strengths were so obvious that it'd be impossible not to understand them, we had Magnússon and his giant throw, again, insanely obvious strength is that throw and with Flint an obvious target too. Bryan, strong out wide, was misused on a fair few occasions but self-explanatory as a manager, put him out wide and watch him go and then you have Reid, arguably the only player that did better under Johnson thanks to a change of use. LJ's only saving grace was that he realised Reids energy worked insanely well at this level and even had he not put the ball in the net his work rate up front gave us that little extra, he's a worker who plugs away.

Then you look at this season, LJ doesn't seem to know who is best where, what system he wants to play or how to use the players he's brought in to create chances. I've never seen a manager look so out of his depth that he's actually resorted to a "Let's try this new thing next week", "Oh passing it sideways isn't working anymore, lets lump it up to small forwards", "Hmmm, that didn't work, how about we now practice crossing".... honestly I like LJ as a person, he's very likeable when he's not controlling our football club but as a manager he reminds me of someone who is new to football manager and is trying out numerous tactics and systems in hope that suddenly one of them takes. I want to have faith that he knows what he's doing but the more I watch us play the less identity I see and the more confused I find myself trying to figure out what his actual plan is, at the moment he seems like he's completely lost and has just resorted to holding onto his job until January so that he can spend more cash and hope it works out well. 

The worst part of this all is that I think it's too late to sack him and bring someone else in, with only a month until the January window I don't think any manager could come in, get used to our squad and use that window wisely meaning I think we're stuck with LJ either until we're flat out in the relegation battle or maybe the end of the season, although I think if we finish comfortably mid-table we're going to get yet another season of "Hmmm, what shall I try now".

9 hours ago, Olé said:

On the subject of the press conference, I see he also said: "I think [Milan Djuric] is an option that we've lost. He was a great guy but unfortunately he had a torrid time with injuries and it definitely affected his mobility. It's all well and good having a big man, but the way we play in the Championship - we want a big man that's got mobility as well"

[so far so good]

He then said: "We might not be able to bring in a striker [here we go] because he's not available or affordable or accessible and so we might have to adapt and bring in a very good attacking midfielder or a wde-man or whatever we deem fit to adjust the balance and give us that little bit of sparkle". And there you have it. Winger #7 incoming...

I understand the need to downplay specific transfer plans or the possibility of making a signing, but to only do so to explicitly open the door to his obsession with "busy bees" in midfield and out wide. You know that's already precisely what he wants to sign, regardless. Why else make the point? Especially when we can all see it's not the gap. 

NOT ANOTHER *********** WIDE MAN 

JESUS ********* WEPT

0572C0AA-C505-4A3E-AC1C-45F3EC3D82C0.gif

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

In all it's glory:

I want a team of Vikings, not the bloody WI.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Welcome to the new club badge

:yes:

A5E371A0-5ECA-44FA-9379-E1DD68F243E6.jpeg

Without a doubt, hearing a manager using the phrase 'busy little bees' to describe football players is bloody pathetic, and has turned me against LJ.  I honestly didn't think he had ever said that until I've just read it on the main city site.  WTF is he on about, his busy little bees?  Now, I've never been a professional football player, but surely being called such a pathetic term is embarrassing and overly childish.

Lee needs to sort it out, does he think he's a pissing primary school teacher!

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Seems to me LJ is far too honest and humble for his own good. 

I would rather my Leaders to be a little more strategic and less 'honest and nice' if you will, be a little more,  Lion a little less Mice.

I think that is the main problem with Lee - far too soft and nice, never going to mould a team into ruthless, competitive winners.

15 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

Weimann and Pato up front for brum then

Well, if:

Brownhill Pack Morrell Eliasson

Paterson

Weimann

That could make sense, give some balance- security with the ability to fill the centre when necessary- which is why I don't expect it! In Brownhill's case it'd be a wide midfielder, asymmetry with a right side of Brownhill and Hunt and a left side of Kelly and Eliasson.

He'll probably go straight 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 though knowing LJ, which will play into Birmingham's hands, give them big chances to exploit turnovers in possession- with 2 out and out central midfielders in Brownhill and Pack although good individually, it would leave less insurance against the counter.

56 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Seems to me LJ is far too honest and humble for his own good. 

I would rather my Leaders to be a little more strategic and less 'honest and nice' if you will, be a little more,  Lion a little less Mice.

50 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I think that is the main problem with Lee - far too soft and nice, never going to mould a team into ruthless, competitive winners.

@reddogkev exactly what I just said on your other thread, and also in the same vein as a question I asked on the Ipswich match thread. Johnson, the players, the club as a whole do not and have not for some time had that ruthless air of arrogance that scares other teams. We often moan that fans of other teams and the media see us a backwater, as "little old Bristol City". At the moment it's pretty clear we see ourselves that way as well.

Forget it. Stop feeling sorry for ourselves and go and get the girl.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Without a doubt, hearing a manager using the phrase 'busy little bees' to describe football players is bloody pathetic, and has turned me against LJ.  I honestly didn't think he had ever said that until I've just read it on the main city site.  WTF is he on about, his busy little bees?  Now, I've never been a professional football player, but surely being called such a pathetic term is embarrassing and overly childish.

Lee needs to sort it out, does he think he's a pissing primary school teacher!

So it took him to use the term “busy little bees” to do you ?

Archived