IGNORED

Bristol named as 9th worst place to live

Fatknacker

Flicking through the Mail Online this evening I was shocked to read in regards to my home town

'Beneath the veneer of textbook overdone hipster pretentiousness is the same Bristol of old, where the West Country chavs spew out their own unique interpretation of the English language.'

Seems a bit harsh, considering Liverpool was only the 8th worst place and Bristol joint 9th with Blackburn!

33 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

Flicking through the Mail Online this evening I was shocked to read in regards to my home town

'Beneath the veneer of textbook overdone hipster pretentiousness is the same Bristol of old, where the West Country chavs spew out their own unique interpretation of the English language.'

Seems a bit harsh, considering Liverpool was only the 8th worst place and Bristol joint 9th with Blackburn!

Well, that's your own fault entirely.

12 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Read the article this morning on both the Mail and Post websites. Sadly a lot of it I have to agree with, despite being born and bred in BS3.

North Street is a prime example. Growing up it was a working class area of tobacconists, pubs, newsagents and little shops. Nowadays it's covered in graffiti and over-populated with hipster establishments everywhere.

In addition, due to it's proximity to the centre and the big financial offices, a lot of houses are being snapped up by Londoners and Devon-born who use their families insane savings to buy 2 bed houses and happily hand over £330k for the 'privilege'. Priced a lot of locals and Bristolians out of the City altogether. Sad times.

It's not all bad - lots of North Street and Bemmy has been regenerated thanks to the posh new residents and hipsters. But a lot of it is very pretentious compared to what it used to be. 

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's change a bit in 12 months then as we were no 1 last year.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/bristol-coolest-city-in-world-878497

Just highlights how desperate the newspapers are these days.

On TalkSport now there a very amusing ‘debate’ about whether laughing gas is acceptable to footballers after the Sun (:cool2:) highlighted the Arsenal players using it at a private pre season party.....

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just highlights how desperate the newspapers are these days.

On TalkSport now there a very amusing ‘debate’ about whether laughing gas is acceptable to footballers after the Sun (:cool2:) highlighted the Arsenal players using it at a private pre season party.....

I very often laugh at the gas....works for me.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's change a bit in 12 months then as we were no 1 last year.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/bristol-coolest-city-in-world-878497

All by different groups.  Think it's neither the best or the worst tbh- but probably better than many. Quite a few complex problems though- mind you show me an urban area that hasn't.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

Good hopefully the London Hipsters sod off elsewhere ;) 

Bit out of date but alas...

Glad there’s a counterbalance to the constant stream of “Best place in the UK”  bollox that we have to put up with. Some of the poverty levels in Bristol are, if not some of the worst in the UK, then certainly at levels way below what should be expected in a top-10 world (Jon) Economy. 

I worked in Blackburn for a couple of years - it reminded me of a scooby doo cartoon when they’re being chased by a monster and the backdrop is repeated over and over again .. 

In this instance there seemed to be 3 types of shops - bargain booze / a tanning salon and a kebab shop ... over and over again .. 

Archived