IGNORED

I never knew that!

sglosbcfc

Chesterfield were the last winners of the tournament and hold the cup, a certain Alan Crawford scored the only goal in the final. I always rated Crawford when he played for us. He was also voted Rotherham United greatest ever left winger/midfielder in 2007.

BS4 on tour get yourself a mince pie for being the first to get it right.

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

So most successful in that and the JPT/LDV or whatever the hell you want to call it ?

Bit tenuous to describe us as the most successful team in the Anglo Scottish Cup - we won it once and were runners up once...a bit of straw grabbing but we’ll take it! But then by the same token the gas could say they were the most successful team in the Watney Cup - no one won it more times than them....

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit tenuous to describe us as the most successful team in the Anglo Scottish Cup - we won it once and were runners up once...a bit of straw grabbing but we’ll take it! But then by the same token the gas could say they were the most successful team in the Watney Cup - no one won it more times than them....

Not really tenuous, both us and St Mirren won it once and were runners up once. Considering it only ran for a few years we are the most successful teams in the competition. 

I forgot to add we're the most successful team in the history of the Gloucestershire Cup. We've won it more times than Manchester United and Liverpool combined!

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Not really tenuous, both us and St Mirren won it once and were runners up once. Considering it only ran for a few years we are the most successful teams in the competition. 

I forgot to add we're the most successful team in the history of the Gloucestershire Cup. We've won it more times than Manchester United and Liverpool combined!

Didn’t Tottenham Hotspur once win the Western League?  Sure I saw it engraved on the trophy???

6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I thought it was the Southern league? Or that they won the FA Cup as a Southern league team?

Yes both is true, Southern based league teams used to put reserves in the Western league even though it was originally a Bristol based league. Warmley dominated it in the early days, Street won it last season. City and Rovers have won it many times before the Football League banned reserve teams being in it.

Archived