IGNORED

Tickets for the Huddersfield game (Merged)

Eastside Moonwalker

27 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

For a certain amount of games in a season you’re allowed to do offers for home fans only.

Yes, but I don’t know if it would apply to the FA Cup, after all these could be one off games. I know the rules regarding comp tickets are different for the cup and the league

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Bus isn't a option from here. 

For years and years I've been having a KFC pre match, followed by a few beers, I ain't going to change that in order to make attending a game against Huddersfield reserves more affordable. I'd just rather not go.

My point is it’s not £42 to see City Huddersfield. It’s only because you want to make it that much. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

No, because it’s free tickets to Aston Villa season ticket holders. Like when City offer season ticket holders to bring two mates for £5 each. Only counts to season ticket holders of the club. 

£5 bus. £12 ticket. 

Bring your own dinner. 

£17 ain’t bad. 

Just replied to a similar answer, as I said surprised they can do this for FA cup.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Why? Any non season ticket holder pays the same price so there’s no difference there. 

I guess Villa must be putting in the price of the ST tickets used into the pot to cover the FA regulations. As I said clubs cannot give away comp tickets etc for cup completions like they can for league, not as many.

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just saw this on Twitter - So you can see us play a Premier League side for £1 cheaper than a Conference South game and still people moan 

Slough vs Bristol Manor Farm in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying round- £13.

Bristol City vs Huddersfield in the FA Cup 3rd round- £12.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

At a 10er I'd probs have though yea ok but 12 quid just slightly puts me in the nah I can't be assed bracket. 

20 quid on food and drinks, 10er fuel, 12 quid to get in.

Is it really worth 42 quid + to watch Bristol City Vs Huddersfield reserves? 

Have food before you go and take drinks with you?

I've got a season ticket, but want to get a ticket for my dad too (he's 85).  Can I get 2 now or can I only buy 1 for me and need to wait until the other become available to get my dad's as well.  The city website is so ******* clunky and badly laid out I find it really difficult to navigate.  Cheers

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

At a 10er I'd probs have though yea ok but 12 quid just slightly puts me in the nah I can't be assed bracket. 

20 quid on food and drinks, 10er fuel, 12 quid to get in.

Is it really worth 42 quid + to watch Bristol City Vs Huddersfield reserves? 

If it's worth £40, surely £2 more doesn't make it a no go? - can someone start a "gofundme" whip round, please? Times are hard!

Absolute nonsense from the Johnson haters to say that the gate for the Huddersfield tie is a reflection on Johnson. It pains me to say it but Cup competitions hold nowhere near the appeal they once did. It has been done to death the reasons why - Expansion of European competitions, huge money in the Premier league, weakened teams etc. 

In the 80s FA cup games would be the biggest gates of the season and fans would pay a premium to watch them, that is no longer the case. I hope City get a decent gate and I'd love us to have a good run but to say people won't bother because of Johnson is rubbish.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Live TV coverage abroad - not that I have actually seen it defined who is showing it

A complete joke another nail in the coffin for the FA Cup. So there is:

Friday - 1 game

Sat 12.30 - 7 games

Sat 3pm - 10 games

Sat 5.30 - 5 games

Sun 2pm - 7 games

Sun 4.30 1 game

Mon 1 game

The argument for or against attending seems to be very weighted towards cost, and rightly so. But there is another thing to consider. Time. Time is almost as important as money now, many people working long hours get very little down time so time is precious.

It’s not just 90minutes for a football match though is it, even if you do live within the city. Most people have to leave early to park, then the traffic to get home could be another delay, before you know it you have spent half a day away from home, never mind all those many fans who travel miles to get here.

Ok a 5.30pm KO might not mess up you day as much as a 1.30pm Sunday one does, where you seem to have lost both your morning and afternoon but it’s time out all the same. 

Yes  we probably all would make time if we had got a top Prem team, we all know those don’t come about too often and it looks unlikely that we will be playing them regularly anytime in the future. No disrespect to Huddersfield,who feel the same about us, but the interest/affordability isn’t there from many regular fans. No doubt the crowd might be boosted from people who just want to attend a football match at a price more affordable than usual though.

3 home games before Huddersfield.

My attendance depends on the City performances between now and then.

If they are enjoyable to watch and exciting I'll be there, more of the recent tedious dross and no chance.

The prices are reasonable afaic., and certainly no reason on their own for non attendance.

We 3 have finally made the decision not to spend £45 on going to this match.  Reasons:

1. Spent enough on a season ticket already.

2. Quality of football has been poor and unexciting to watch.

3. 5.30 ko is darned inconvenient.

4. Huddersfield will put out their B team (even their A team aint that great).

5. Can stream the game anyway.

At a tenner each, we might have had our heads turned (to coin a phrase) ?

12 hours ago, Super said:

Can someone remind me again why it's a bloody 5.30 ko?

From the piece by David Byrom:

Why are so many fixtures being moved? TV money.

A new six-year international broadcasting deal came into force for this year's FA Cup, with 14 third round ties being moved for overseas broadcast on top of the six that BT Sport and BBC will show domestically.

Whilst the match will now kick off at 5.30pm on Saturday, January 5, it will not be available for UK viewers. The normal internet options are also being withheld to subscribers. Instead, the Robins' third round tie against Premier League opponents will solely be available to view on overseas television.

The new TV contract is thought to be worth £820m to the Football Association and means just 10 of the 32 third round ties will kick-off at 3pm on Saturday 5 January. Each club whose fixture is moved for overseas TV gets a broadcast fee of £50,000 - significantly less than the £150,000 given to clubs on the BBC or BT Sport. Alongside this, gate receipts will be split from matches, and the winners of the ties will pocket a further £135,000.

So there you are - we are now in the role of supporting cast behind the real players of the media, who are calling the shots now. Fans are being given a taste of some rather nasty tasting medicine: either pay the sums demanded by clubs or take a place behind the bill payers. Your money, your choice...?

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

A new six-year international broadcasting deal came into force for this year's FA Cup, with 14 third round ties being moved for overseas broadcast on top of the six that BT Sport and BBC will show domestically.

Whilst the match will now kick off at 5.30pm on Saturday, January 5, it will not be available for UK viewers. The normal internet options are also being withheld to subscribers. Instead, the Robins' third round tie against Premier League opponents will solely be available to view on overseas television.

The new TV contract is thought to be worth £820m to the Football Association and means just 10 of the 32 third round ties will kick-off at 3pm on Saturday 5 January. Each club whose fixture is moved for overseas TV gets a broadcast fee of £50,000 - significantly less than the £150,000 given to clubs on the BBC or BT Sport. Alongside this, gate receipts will be split from matches, and the winners of the ties will pocket a further £135,000.

So there you are - we are now in the role of supporting cast behind the real players of the media, who are calling the shots now. Fans are being given a taste of some rather nasty tasting medicine: either pay the sums demanded by clubs or take a place behind the bill payers. Your money, your choice...?

So we will vote with our feet then.  Shame to see a half empty ground,but if TV is more important, then so be it 

Over time, TV audiences will increase and grounds will gradually become empty, then what?

10 hours ago, Erithacus said:

3RD round Sat at 3pm used to be a big thing back in the day, pretty much all games being played and you were guaranteed a few shocks. Only 10 games out of 32 are Sat at 3pm. RIP to the FA cup.

Tried to buy my ST seat yesterday online for the Cup Tie . Website kept asking me to register for Bristol Sport before I could get a ticket. Spent 10 minutes trying to link my account to Bristol Sport as instructed - too complicated to get my own seat  ,didn't work.

Phoned the club, waited 15 minutes  to be told I could buy over the phone today . Just spent 25 minutes waiting for the Club to answer and listening to messages about concerts  ! Still haven't got  a ticket 24 hours after first applying .

Why oh why is it so difficult to buy a ticket ?

Watched arsenal tonight, actual attendance 20000, published 56k due to season ticket holders! Y the f are city screwing us over? Over the odds ticketing prices! Prem teams including cup games for ST HOLDERS!  What the **** are city up to? Almost the dearest in the championship in terms of ST prices and paying over the odds for cup games too

10 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Tried to buy my ST seat yesterday online for the Cup Tie . Website kept asking me to register for Bristol Sport before I could get a ticket. Spent 10 minutes trying to link my account to Bristol Sport as instructed - too complicated to get my own seat  ,didn't work.

Phoned the club, waited 15 minutes  to be told I could buy over the phone today . Just spent 25 minutes waiting for the Club to answer and listening to messages about concerts  ! Still haven't got  a ticket 24 hours after first applying .

Why oh why is it so difficult to buy a ticket ?

Took me just five minutes over the phone yesterday.  Pretty straightforward.

Archived