IGNORED

The Gift That Keeps Giving

The Original OTIB

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Our HC on Brum:

"They have kept consistency with team selection and that has proved strong for them".

You do realise that we’ve had injuries, suspensions and been trying to find a formula to get back to some decent form, yeah..?

Would you rather we just played the same team each week and just see if they sort their form out..?

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do realise that we’ve had injuries, suspensions and been trying to find a formula to get back to some decent form, yeah..?

Would you rather we just played the same team each week and just see if they sort their form out..?

After seasons of change I would like to see the same teams and tactics. we might see that identity more regularly LJ keeps banging on about. He is meant to have a formula to cover injury and suspension.  

I thought this was going to be a sarcastic thread about our social media team :ph34r:

Just now, Trueredsupporte said:

After seasons of change I would like to see the same teams and tactics. we might see that identity more regularly LJ keeps banging on about. He is meant to have a formula to cover injury and suspension.  

Then if we didn't win after a couple of games with the same team LJ would get slaughtered for keeping a losing team together

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

I thought this was going to be a sarcastic thread about our social media team :ph34r:

Then if we didn't win after a couple of games with the same team LJ would get slaughtered for keeping a losing team together

Not the point made. How can LJs team have this identity when he keeps changing it? theres meant to be a big plan driving it all.

4 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Not the point made. How can LJs team have this identity when he keeps changing it? theres meant to be a big plan driving it all.

Because we try and get the whole squad to play with the same philosophy perhaps? So regardless of the XI on the pitch its the same.

3 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

I agree that I get frustrated when he opts to play without wingers some weeks and then 2 wingers in other games. 

I’d prefer we stuck to our game plan and developed that, even if it meant losing a few other games. 

I don’t have an issue with personnel changes generally. Especially when we aren’t playing as well as we know we can. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I agree that I get frustrated when he opts to play without wingers some weeks and then 2 wingers in other games. 

I’d prefer we stuck to our game plan and developed that, even if it meant losing a few other games. 

I don’t have an issue with personnel changes generally. Especially when we aren’t playing as well as we know we can. 

I don't actually have issue with personnel changes either but its the constant play changing I cannot get. Stick to the game plan develop it

9 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Because we try and get the whole squad to play with the same philosophy perhaps? So regardless of the XI on the pitch its the same.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It is a little worrying. When we were signing every available winger going, at least you thought 'he has game plan' . Then he goes and signs a CM (Walsh) who LJ himself said he needs to play in a 3. There is a lot of muddled thinking going on.
With the relationship between him and SL it was an ideal opportunity, that few get,  to actually aim to build a dynasty of sorts. Get young players in and be able to give them time to develop and influence the first team. He's bollocksed that royally . 
There seems to be a rotation in players, formations, systems and styles of play and that does not seem the best way to build a successful side. 

5 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

I don't actually have issue with personnel changes either but its the constant play changing I cannot get. Stick to the game plan develop it

Easier said than done when losing though. Look how people lose their shit on here, even when we don’t lose..! 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It is a little worrying. When we were signing every available winger going, at least you thought 'he has game plan' . Then he goes and signs a CM (Walsh) who LJ himself said he needs to play in a 3. There is a lot of muddled thinking going on.
With the relationship between him and SL it was an ideal opportunity, that few get,  to actually aim to build a dynasty of sorts. Get young players in and be able to give them time to develop and influence the first team. He's bollocksed that royally . 
There seems to be a rotation in players, formations, systems and styles of play and that does not seem the best way to build a successful side. 

And then sells our only proper target man...

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

That would indicate that there are guiding principles being followed regarding how the team will play in possession and out of it.

Do you want to explain what they are? 

If these principles change consistently it is not a philosophy.

52 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

" consistency with team selection"

Is not necessarily about individuals...

20 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Wish you wouldn't do that, thought my computer had packed up again :clapping:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn't Birmingham not win in the first 8 games so I suppose it worked for them in the end

Archived