IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread 21

Septic Peg

Just now, Bristol is red said:

You do realise some people are losing interest (not me personally) due to the quality football on show more so than the results right?

1 minute ago, Bristol is red said:

You do realise some people are losing interest (not me personally) due to the quality football on show more so than the results right?

Same as results, the quality of football fluctuates throughout the season. Just think people are too quick to lose interest and if they do now then they clearly haven’t experienced the SOD/MCinnes/Osman days so must be new fans that are extremely naive/fickle?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Stay away

:whistle2:

Stay away.....

Stay Away........

The complete Irony from stayawaytroll

ROFLMAO

You complete clown

You set yourself up every week with your stupid giffs and anti- comments, even in the heat of a match, you don't care nearly as much as I do about this club,  just cant bring yourself to be gracious in Victory can you?

I am City, always will be, as for you?

Naaa, not in the picture.

Take the result all day long but Jesus the football is beyond poor.

The extra training for crossing and getting bodies into the box was a complete waste of a weeks training.

We need personnel in January, a classy midfielder or 2 and a proper striker or 2, I fully understand why Pack keeps his place in the team, there is just no competition for his place, but for the past 12 months Paterson has robbed a living from us and still gets picked all he does is weakens the team and Wiemann has been getting worse and worse.

I am hoping that last years January **** up is well and truly behind us, but I am not confident at all, I suspect as I type this post Ashton is scouring the whole planet for another player who had one good season once in his CV and needs a big pay cheque, oops sorry needs the love of LJ, well sorry that love is taken by Paterson LJ has no more left to give.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You set yourself up every week with your stupid giffs and anti- comments, even in the heat of a match, you don't care nearly as much as I do about this club,  just cant bring yourself to be gracious in Victory can you?

I am City, always will be, as for you?

Naaa, not in the picture.

You couldn’t answer last time ‘Mr havnt been to the Gate in decades’

How many games have you attended ever

How many hours have You given for the Club in other ways

When they pensioned you off I think they put the handler down and kept the dog

You aren’t City , never venture past your armchair 

Keybard Clown

Scrappy and low quality game but a great result.

How have Birmingham managed to be unbeaten at home since March ? They couldn't string a couple of passes together, nor could we but they were at home and unbeaten, expected more from them.

Despite the poor football City defended well and got stuck in and Diedhiou scoring was a nice bit of karma.

7 points from the last 3 games isn't too shabby after the losing run, hopefully it gives the players confidence to play their stuff as they are more than capable of playing good football. They'll need to up the game against Norwich but thats next week, time for a few beers now.

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Guess what guys? We are going to lose some matches and we will also win some, some of the posts I’ve seen about people losing interest etc is quite frankly embarrassing. Enjoy the ride ffs

Most of the people losing interest I would think , is because of the standard of football. It's not simply about results, at least not only about results. I don't know what's gone or going wrong but they has been a lack of direction/style/focus and , as I said earier , I've never seen so many misplaced passes. 
The Stoke game, WBA game too , not many saying they'd lost interest. Gave both a real go with plenty of pace and passing. Ipswich and today the polar opposite. It's like we're being managed by my managerial dream team Pulis/Osman/SOD.
I'd love to see us really try and knock it about and take the game to Norwich next week, todays result, and the fact that we will be expected to lose , gives us a little bit of freedom to have a go, and I hope they do.

Well played City - we never win at Brum, that's a great 3 points

Only arrived home in time to hear the stress of a couple of penalty appeals, Brum hit the post, and the great save from Maenpaa from the deflected free kick.

Not like City not to concede a late one under such late pressure, luck perhaps on our side but nevertheless a really encouraging win.

Ted (NTTDS) breathlessly buoyant on the phone in, a happy man indeed, great to hear.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Most of the people losing interest I would think , is because of the standard of football. It's not simply about results, at least not only about results. I don't know what's gone or going wrong but they has been a lack of direction/style/focus and , as I said earier , I've never seen so many misplaced passes. 
The Stoke game, WBA game too , not many saying they'd lost interest. Gave both a real go with plenty of pace and passing. Ipswich and today the polar opposite. It's like we're being managed by my managerial dream team Pulis/Osman/SOD.
I'd love to see us really try and knock it about and take the game to Norwich next week, todays result, and the fact that we will be expected to lose , gives us a little bit of freedom to have a go, and I hope they do.

But a true fan doesn’t lose interest after a handful of poor performances? I really don’t get it as we have gone months of dire football before so why didn’t hey lose interest then?  I think we have some new fans after the cup run last season and it’s those that are posted all the stuff about losing interest?

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

But a true fan doesn’t lose interest after a handful of poor performances? I really don’t get it as we have gone months of dire football before so why didn’t hey lose interest then?  I think we have some new fans after the cup run last season and it’s those that are posted all the stuff about losing interest?

Shows just how clueless you are then 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well played City - we never win at Brum, that's a great 3 points

Only arrived home in time to hear the stress of a couple of penalty appeals, Brum hit the post, and the great save from Maenpaa from the deflected free kick.

Not like City not to concede a late one under such late pressure, luck perhaps on our side but nevertheless a really encouraging win.

Ted (NTTDS) breathlessly buoyant on the phone in, a happy man indeed, great to hear.

Absolutely nothing in it

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Shows just how clueless you are then 

Enlighten me then? Why are people losing interest now and now throughout the previous turgid spells? Is it anti LJ sentiment carried over from his playing days? Is it the age of social media stoking the fire or is everyone snow flakes these days?

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agreed, we have an 11 point cushion and are playing top of the table. No point sitting back, playing a tactical game and losing 2-0 anyway. Perfect opportunity for Johnson to show people he can get the team playing again. Because five more months of Preston/Millwall/Hull performances won’t please anyone.

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Enlighten me then? Why are people losing interest now and now throughout the previous turgid spells? Is it anti LJ sentiment carried over from his playing days? Is it the age of social media stoking the fire or is everyone snow flakes these days?

If you actually bothered reading the forum and paying attention to a lot of the posters who are asking questions about Johnson’s suitability to take us forward , they contain a large number at least , of supporters who have supported the club for 30/40/50 years and more

How to lose an argument in 1 easy step.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you actually bothered reading the forum and paying attention to a lot of the posters who are asking questions about Johnson’s suitability to take us forward , they contain a large number at least , of supporters who have supported the club for 30/40/50 years and more

Well if a couple of toothless performances makes that happen then maybe they aren’t cut out to be a football supporter?

Thinking about it, it is a strange one.
I really think the football is shockingly poor, and yet 7 points is brilliant. Now during our record breaking run, people got angry but I don't remember many , if any , saying they'd lost interest. During that run, we scored goals and made chances, and conceded shitloads. Those games at Derby,Newcastle etc, but we were in a strange way better to watch. I thin the fact we could score goals gave everyone optimism, and we could be expected to score. Currently we struggle to get shots on goal, Ipswich apart , and the passing, movement and all round football is very poor.

I've been going down for getting on 50 years, been to over 100 grounds with City and yet I missed last weeks game. I could have got back if I really pushed it but having been away at a wedding I couldn't be arsed to make the extra effort. Obviously not a true fan.
I never used to be able to understand why people stayed away, there are plenty of reasons. A mate has stopped going, he's a STH and went home and away for years, he's pissed off with what has been dished up this season, he'll be back no doubt. 
Seriously though, result apart, no one can be enjoying watching this.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A ‘couple of toothless performances ‘

Are you for real ?

Little point in explaining to you , is there

Yeah our strikers haven’t fired or connected with each other yet this season. We are defensively sound and will improve once we have injured players back and new forward players in jan. look at the bigger picture pal

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Plenty of fans didn't want Johnson, but we all knew he wasn't going anywhere and I would say most fans haven't took his playing days into consideration.

My opinion is he has been given plenty of time, and plenty of funds. 12 months ago we were playing some excellent slick one touch passing football - which was entertaining and got us some excellent coverage as a club. We are now playing some terrible stuff that is boring and predictable regardless of results. What is the future plans? Is it hoof ball? Are we suddenly going to go back and try to play passing football? If Johnson hasn't got his "identity" on the way he wants the team to play by now when will he?? People lose interest because there is no entertainment and it isn't enjoyable.

Archived