IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You really don’t get it do you but then again you don’t seem to get much. Very happy with the win but it still papers over the cracks. The football is terrible and not many have faith in Johnson to turn it around. It’s been well documented . 47 players signed and no real progression and the footballs poor at best. Crawl back under your rock after the next defejat no doubt 

And there it is ?

Delighted with the result.

You would have to be delusional to have watched our performances over the last few months and believe we are playing well however. In fairness, more credit the team for digging out results when it is not clicking, but let’s not pretend we are playing good Championship football.

Showed some grit today, gave ourselves a chance and nicked it. Nothing wrong with that, it is what our form dictates at the moment. It does not change the fact for most of the game it was a bad game of football.

I watched the game live and getting three points was brilliant but.......the standard of football was appalling.Defensively we were sound but midfield and upfront we were an absolute shambles. It beggars belief that we train all week on how we are going to play and then serve this up.

24 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Chin up the Johnson Outers. The tide has well and truly turned. Better luck next week. 

Great win. Only papers over the huge cracks though . 

Anyway ..doesn't matter, win lose or draw....we all know he ain't going any where soon.  We've all accepted the fact we are stuck with the fraud for the foreseeable future 

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What a nasty little thread

Of course all of us always want City to win

But just because we have managed to pick up 7 much needed points in last three games does not change the wider picture that there are serious shortcomings at Ashton Gate on and off the pitch

Amazed to see you on here after a win...

I guess you would know about nasty little threads though...

What a strange season this is. Can't say I've enjoyed the football much, the social side is great as always. I don't think our present set-up will see us challenge for promotion but can't say that Johnson is to blame any more than the club and it's financial approach, an approach that we may have no other option but to follow. I certainly don't know. Part of me wanted 8 losses in a row to force a change, part of me realises this is shameful.  PART of me thinks it's down to the team to get the fans cheering, part of me feels shame for sitting there talking all match.

I got angry towards the end of last season at the way we threw away  such a good position; I had arguments with a mate who made me realise that if i was relying on City to make me happy then there was no point going to the Gate. This year I have been a lot more relaxed but still moany to myself but yyou know what....today has made me realise something. The team won, they fought and achieved a good away result.

Whatever the limitations of club finances, manager or players thwy deserve recognition for the obvious fight they still feel. Those players may sometimes be hamstrung by Johnson's tactics, Johnson may be hamstrung by Lansdown's financial approach; I'm going to start being more positive and giving the team a little more love. I don't think the players are to blame. They do care. Care about the win, the club and fans reacting aggressively to results that we feel less than stellar. I'm going to cheer up a little. 

While still having reservations about our approach it may be one we have no choice but to follow. Where we sit at this stage of the season deserves a little more from me.

Apologies in advance for this cider-fuelled ramble. It is no planned essay granted but I hope the point comes over.

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I agree there are fans that want us to lose, there's no doubt about it. I would have got rid of LJ a while ago, i'd keep him now though as we look a bit better now. I actually thought we played quite well last week, we look more solid now with a 4141/433. Hope he sticks with this kind of side from now on, only making slight adjustments in the line up from time to time. We can do better, but I like how we look without the ball, and with the ball when deep. Just need to work on the final third.

We played 4-2-3-1 today.

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Johnson outers blame Johnson for everything that goes wrong. Humble pie.

I never fish but enjoyed reading these responses. Perhaps we can ALL get behind the manager now

I'm not Johnson in or out. I'm pro City and its easy for fans to feel fustrated.

As an example we were not this inneffective upfront under Cotts.

The above's bullshit Dave. I've given Ashton way (as in three time the amount) more flack than LJ, especially in terms of scouting and recruitment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want us to get points, I like LJ BUT I still don't think we're progressing under him. First two years you could argue he was developing a team, a style and there was progress, however looking at the last year I would say we've gone very much the other way. Even with the last three games we've shown no real performance that makes a statement, maybe you could argue we've shown some grit and fight but we still don't look organised hoofing the ball up and sitting very deep when leading allowing the opposition back into the game. Today Birmingham were very unlucky hitting the inside of the post but not scoring, had that gone in we'd be talking about how the team sat back and invited pressure which allowed Brum back into the game, instead on paper it looks like a positive.

All in all at this point we've arguably got a weaker squad than we had when LJ took over, we've not formed a style of play and our attendances are dropping which is a clear sign that a lot of fans don't see that potential to improve.

Personally, I think January is more crucial than ever, if it's as poor as last seasons January recruitment we'll find ourselves in a very dangerous position should our performances continue as they have been as we can't keep gaining points when playing so poorly, luck doesn't last for too long. We really need to find some solid talent to bring into this squad because right now our left back is our stand out player and that's already drawing interest. We can't afford to sell Kelly, Brownhill or arguably Webster, they're the few who could be our future to build on.

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

The fraud.... the guy that’s improved our league position every season and is 5 points off the playoffs. What a helmet you are 

Wih due repect Reggy. We've spent over £30m in three years. We would of made a loss of £20m last season, if it was not for selling our three best assets.

If we weren't higher than we were three years ago, playing the footballer we are the moment. Id be very much LJ out. ?

Just now, Fuber said:

Wih due repect Reggy. We've spent over £30m in three years. We would of made a loss of £20m last season, if it was not for selling our three best assets.

If we weren't higher than we were three years ago, playing the footballer we are the moment. Id be very much LJ out. ?

Pretty much all clubs have lost money of that kind at this level of last few years and some much more. It’s just what you have to spend to stay even competitive. 

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

We played 4-2-3-1 today.

Really didn't seem it, Pato was usually sat inline with Brownhill with Pack sat a bit deeper, Pato may have had licence to break forward but that was the general shape they held.

8 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

The fraud.... the guy that’s improved our league position every season and is 5 points off the playoffs. What a helmet you are 

I'll take any bet now, say £50 to charity? and say we will finish lower this season then last....

Put your money where your mouth is....

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Really didn't seem it, Pato was usually sat inline with Brownhill with Pack sat a bit deeper, Pato may have had licence to break forward but that was the general shape they held.

Just checked and whoscored, sofascore, etc. all agree/saw it as I did. These things are fluid in game play though, of course.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1289019/Live/England-Championship-2018-2019-Birmingham-Bristol-City

42 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And award for cock of the week goes to......

Me.

Please let it be me.

I must confess. I’ve been so wrong.

All is good in BS3. LJ will take us to the promised land. All I’ve said about Mr Messiah Lansdown is wrong.

I have seen the error of my ways.

I’m not cock of the week. I’m cock of the year:) 

Archived