IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I had my season ticket under GJ, yes we weren't inspiring every game but we weren't terrible like many people make out. As I said, I remember seeing some very entertaining games. 

I had a season ticket as well and went to pretty much every home game that season but after about 4 or 5 home games I started getting bored.....apart from the semi final games I can’t remember any other exciting football that season.

LJ has proved he can get a team to play nice football

He can - as we saw early last season. That said I sincerely hope he’s not becoming a clone of his father.

49 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Tsk...

The approach was spot off and some.

Bryan, Flint and Reid had to be sold or the FFP cops were on the way.

What approach would you suggest. We are trying to be ambitious but also not go crazy with wages end signings. In the main making development signings and some established championship players to keep us competitive whilst we try and improve and move towards top 6. 

I suspect most clubs have had to sell too unless you are a Leeds etc. 

Jeez, so many people are so narrow minded. So if you didn't go today to witness for yourself here's all you need to know:

Brilliant Result;

CoD changed the game when he came on;

A solitary decent piece of football - pinpoint perfection of a corner in and for once Diggeridoo showed that if he actually bothers to move, jump and compete whilst using his nut he can do some damage;

The rest was utter garbage - two extremely poor, talentless and disorganised sides.

Now if you think that equates to a WeeLee out chant that's up to you. We won, but only in as much as it was our turn. We didn't outplay or outclass them. We didn't show anything that might indicate, well, we're improving or might become a force anytime soon.

And that, folks, is the long and short of it.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Jesus, it’s worse than being at school on this forum. So childish. 

We should of beaten Millwall, and beating Ipswich & Birmingham doesn’t make up for many awful performances this season.

We’ve got 2 hard games next, which we are likely to get no points. 

Glad to see you are so optimistic! Presumably 3 games unbeaten including a game against hitherto unbeaten at home opponents counts for nothing!

30 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

His predictable Otib thread highlighted this posters inability to discuss the technical and tactical.

Cowshed, I’m happy to concede that your technical knowledge of the beautiful game is deeper than mine and I don’t see any point in questioning you on that issue.   :dunno:

Overall I like your posts. I find them interesting and thought provoking and I consider you and Spudski to be the better posters on here.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

What approach would you suggest. We are trying to be ambitious but also not go crazy with wages end signings. In the main making development signings and some established championship players to keep us competitive whilst we try and improve and move towards top 6. 

I suspect most clubs have had to sell too unless you are a Leeds etc. 

Ok.

Some clubs have a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Lee Johnson calls it the ..

Project..

The identity.

All those who come into the club evidently have that nice Mr Ashton looking over the sketch.

Its a process to get the right players in to fit.

Players coming must have the right dna for the project.

Ashton speak they must synergise.

When its good they cant stop going on about this.

When its less than good Ashton does one.

Only the identity is on a merry go round.

Ever changing.

Lee even says they got it back.

Where did it go?

Tis not meant to happen.

If this identity thing keeps changing.

Players here cant have the right dna for the identity.

They were bought for another identity.

And Lee stockpiles ever more clubs.

Some clubs are for the future.

Some clubs are never seen.

But these clubs are costing millions.

Millions are being wasted.

Said it before its like a Punk band bringing in a bass player and finding out he plays jazz. 

Stick to the identity.

Whatever it is ..

19 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Glad to see you are so optimistic! Presumably 3 games unbeaten including a game against hitherto unbeaten at home opponents counts for nothing!

Today was a good result, but let’s let’s not kid ourselves that we are going to get anything from 2 top teams next. 

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Tsk...

The approach was spot off and some.

Bryan, Flint and Reid had to be sold or the FFP cops were on the way.

There's is a huge amount of 'talk' about FFP - let's wait and see what actually does happen to those who break the rules - the situation with today's opponents, which apparently will come to fruition in the next two months,will be interesting.

As will be the potential investigation into Man City and PSG for historic breaches.

In my opinion FFP is simply a vehicle to protect the status quo and is therefore a bad thing - it limits ambition and punishes desire.

As for the players above - they WANTED to leave, it had nothing to do with FFP.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

There's is a huge amount of 'talk' about FFP - let's wait and see what actually does happen to those who break the rules - the situation with today's opponents, which apparently will come to fruition in the next two months,will be interesting.

As will be the potential investigation into Man City and PSG for historic breaches.

In my opinion FFP is simply a vehicle to protect the status quo and is therefore a bad thing - it limits ambition and punishes desire.

As for the players above - they WANTED to leave, it had nothing to do with FFP.

Lost twenty million plus in one season.

Q. Allowed to lose over three seasons?

A. Assets had to be sold.

The three were the assets. 

Sold.

City comply v no comply.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Cowshed, I’m happy to concede that your technical knowledge of the beautiful game is deeper than mine and I don’t see any point in questioning you on that issue.   :dunno:

Overall I like your posts. I find them interesting and thought provoking and I consider you and Spudski to be the better posters on here.

But does Cowshed’s thought provoking posts ever get you to actually provoke that thought and perhaps change your opinion? ?

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But does Cowshed’s thought provoking posts ever get you to actually provoke that thought and perhaps change your opinion? ?

Dave, as I just posted I don’t question Cowshed on technical matters. He knows more about that part of football than I do. 

For example, he explained about the high press and how it works and I found that particularly fascinating. 

Now when I see the like of Man City using  it on tv I understand it more fully.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Chin up the Johnson Outers. The tide has well and truly turned. Better luck next week. 

thanks for your concern Dave....and the tide will go out again for sure...have a nice evening yourself

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dave, as I just posted I don’t question Cowshed on technical matters. He knows more about that part of football than I do. 

For example, he explained about the high press and how it works and I found that particularly fascinating. 

Now when I see the like of Man City using  it on tv I understand it more fully.

It worked then ?

1 minute ago, man in the middle said:

When we get promoted this is what we’re sing “we are the city, we are the city Johnson is our king!!”

Close but its we`ll sing :smartass: and this Johnson wont not to the prem anyway. :no:

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

Wih due repect Reggy. We've spent over £30m in three years. We would of made a loss of £20m last season, if it was not for selling our three best assets.

If we weren't higher than we were three years ago, playing the footballer we are the moment. Id be very much LJ out. ?

So if we hadn’t made a profit, we’d have made a loss?

Good business sense that...

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So if we hadn’t made a profit, we’d have made a loss?

Good business sense that...

Its not good business sense nor sustainable where without said sails we'd of been at risk of a transfer embargo under FFP.

The only reason we haven't is due to players at the club before Lee arrived as manager.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Its not good business sense nor sustainable where without said sails we'd of been at risk of a transfer embargo under FFP.

The only reason we haven't is due to players at the club before Lee arrived as manager.

Who he’s developed into multi million pound footballers...

Id say selling 3 players for 27 million pounds is decent business sense tbh

There has been an agenda (from some) that Lee couldnt leave the club quickly enough...he was never wanted from Day 1 from some of our "so called fans". If we were promoted last season and were doing as well as Bournemouth, the knives would be out. Apparently one of his faults is his height....a huge issue for some. 

Some criticism is reasoned and fair. Other's have the most ridiculous of arguments. 

Archived