IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Who he’s developed into multi million pound footballers...

Id say selling 3 players for 27 million pounds is decent business sense tbh

And I completely agree JB. I'll also note as LJ has in the past, he only 'signs off on players coming into the clubs. Ashton negotiates - and he does a very good job of getting a good price.

However, between Kodjia being sold and this summer, the number of wasted fees and wages during his tenure including loans is mind boggling.

Hunt, Eisa, Watkins, Baker, Leko, Woodrow, Kent, Diony, Tomlin, Magnússon, Djuric, Moore, Engvall, O'Dowda, Hegeler, O'Neill, Matthews, Paterson, Lucid, Giefer, Wright.

21 players that can't consistanty make the first team (if at all - Watkins is like playing Where's Waldo) or have so far resulted in a loss (including estimated wages v performances for loans), and I'm fairly sure I'm missing a few further signings from those off the top of my head, I believe it's around 42 players total Lee has signed.

That's £20m worth in transfer fees. Id also argue - again - on LJs own signings we're making quite a severe loss.

Normally a club such as ours cannot sustain such a loss.

I'm not arguing about the (very small) percentage of the squad who LJ has had a success story with. 

The main thing Johnson annoys me with is that he makes points out 'budget constraints' - as an excuse. It's of his own making with regards to his own recruitment. If we don't sign Hunt and

Wright - we save £3m for the Centre mid we need. We didn't need to loan out Vyner who had rave reviews in League 1 down in Devon as a alternative.

I'm a Johnson outer and I'm delighted we've wontoday; proper away performanceat a tough place to go. I am happy not to be a Johnson outer; so long as we don't put in anymore Preston like performances. So to answer the op; Johnson outer aren't devastated, I'm sure most are happy we've won, most haven't been calling for his head to prove a point, but because we've been abject. Although you have to say if we are closer to the playoffs at the half way point than relegation; perhaps they (myself included) were wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I'm a Johnson outer and I'm delighted we've wontoday; proper away performanceat a tough place to go. I am happy not to be a Johnson outer; so long as we don't put in anymore Preston like performances. So to answer the op; Johnson outer aren't devastated, I'm sure most are happy we've won, most haven't been calling for his head to prove a point, but because we've been abject. Although you have to say if we are closer to the playoffs at the half way point than relegation; perhaps they (myself included) were wrong. 

Yeah but you're still not half the fan is RedDave is because you dared to question LJ in the first place.

Personally, I reckon you must have wanted us to lose today and you're lying.

Maybe you're even devastated?

Maybe....

Those who want Johnson out shouldn't be so pathetic as to start thread after thread after thread after thread  about how bad LJ is and in all their  Dad's, Mum's, Great Uncle's, Grandad's, Aunt's 150 years of supporting City  as a ST holder that "they've  never seen it so bad" because they're either a) liars or b) liars.

And maybe those who want to see LJ succeed ( including me) shouldn't after a couple of results start spouting off that it's all ok because it isn't.Until such time as we're either relegation fodder or promotion candidates and a club that keeps its best players then both types of thread are as irrelevant as each other.

22 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe....

Those who want Johnson out shouldn't be so pathetic as to start thread after thread after thread after thread  about how bad LJ is and in all their  Dad's, Mum's, Great Uncle's, Grandad's, Aunt's 150 years of supporting City  as a ST holder that "they've  never seen it so bad" because they're either a) liars or b) liars.

And maybe those who want to see LJ succeed ( including me) shouldn't after a couple of results start spouting off that it's all ok because it isn't.Until such time as we're either relegation fodder or promotion candidates and a club that keeps its best players then both types of thread are as irrelevant as each other.

In a nutshell. 

46 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe....

Watch out for those splinters in the ass  :laugh:

Know what you mean though

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

Chin up the Johnson Outers. The tide has well and truly turned. Better luck next week. 

This for me is the worst type of post just trying to antagonise and wind up people who think differently and that is both sides. I would like to think everybody wants the best for City 

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe....

:clap:

Let’s face it lee Johnson has done enough good to justify support from fans but also done more than enough to justify the ‘lee out’ brigade.

over the past few seasons our hopes have been raised enough by broken promises and pipe dreams (not from lee) for us to falsely believe mid table championship status is not good enough for Bristol City, why? 

Lets enjoy the ride shall we, things could be and have been so much worse I just fear false expectations are ruining too many of us. 

8 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Was about to start this thread but you got there before me. So true they will be having a cry tonight bless them. Perfect away performance 

Ah bless, you must be gutted that someone got to their keyboard before you in the rush to have a go at people that don’t really rate our Head Coach....

So, October/November:

City 0 Stoke 1

Reading 3 City 2

City 0 PNE 1

Leeds 2 City 0 

That was ZERO points from 12 - just a few games ago....bet you were having a little cry during that run, cos you couldn’t defend your hero Head Coach....now, 3 games later, here you are, bold as brass, woken up cos we’ve had a couple of good results...you can’t wait to have another go at the guys n gals who don’t rate our Head Coach - yet, their opinion is just as valid as yours...you might wanna think about that before you rush to the keyboard next time...

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Who he’s developed into multi million pound footballers...

Id say selling 3 players for 27 million pounds is decent business sense tbh

You think LJ is responsible for ‘developing’ Joe Bryan and Aden Flint? Laughable....and I’m not sure how you arrived at a figure of £27m for selling three players?! Nowhere near....

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And award for cock of the week goes to......

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha

Keynsham ultra  and top kiddy

getting gert lippy innit 

after two Stella’s innit 

Yellow Muppet 

I actually mean it. Im always up for a debate one on one!!! 41 years of age. I've seen some ******* dour football over the years in div one, never mind this league. We are sitting mid table in the championship, for now and the last 3 years. What the **** do you want?? So laughable and you are bullying these young kids to your hatred over Johnson! Because you never liked him from minute one as a player or manager?Come on then what was it? You must be gutted we won today? I want you to answer those to questions? or I'll just realise you are just a hater of someone that's served out club well over the years!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I actually mean it. Im always up for a debate one on one!!! 41 years of age. I've seen some ******* dour football over the years in div one, never mind this league. We are sitting mid table in the championship, for now and the last 3 years. What the **** do you want?? So laughable and you are bullying these young kids to your hatred over Johnson! Because you never liked him from minute one as a player or manager?Come on then what was it? You must be gutted we won today? I want you to answer those to questions? or I'll just realise you are just a hater of someone that's served out club well over the years!!!!!!!!!!! 

With all possible respect Kr, I suggest you leave this until the morning as you're making yourself look a right tit!

No offence, just a bit of advice Sir. 

30 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A lot of the Johnson Outers sending personal abusive messages which shows the height of their frustration at this unbeaten run

Really? What directed at you?

while your op was not really necessary, those sending any personal messages at you need to have a look at themselves.

any of them want to make themselves known on this public domain?? No I doubt it

34 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A lot of the Johnson Outers sending personal abusive messages which shows the height of their frustration at this unbeaten run

Surely winding people up was the aim of the deliberately provocative topic off the back of a not particularly impressive set of performances.

Oh, and three games isn't a "run".

I’m happy to say I’m a Johnson outer and it’s going to take a little bit more than scraping past a couple of teams for me to change my mind. 

I’ve been on record as saying I don’t necessarily care about the results, so long as the performances are good (I realise that’s a direct SOD quote), because with good performances, good results will follow. We’re just not seeing good performances. I accept that the odd scrappy win will have to come, but every win has been scrappy and in my opinion it’s a recipe for disaster.

I’d still happily see the back of Lee Johnson. But always pleased to beat the blues.

41 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s not deserved, no way, and IF that has happened it’s pathetic and moronic from those people. But perhaps next time you think about posting such pathetic drivel yourself you take a deep breath and have a word with yourself?

46 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If that’s done over direct msgs on this forum you should report them tbh mate.

Sounds very bitter 

Inevitably the "winners" of the in/out argument will be those who want Johnson out.

Johnson is currently the second longest serving manager in the Championship.

Like every manager of every club he will leave one day. His departure will most likely be triggered by a run of bad results or a relegation. 

Reasoned debate regarding his abilities is fair but petty pointscoring after a couple of wins is only ever gonna come back and bite you.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not pathetic drivel. Fans have said they want us to lose in the past. That is a fact. And then there's ones that haven't, but clearly love coming on here when we lose, but stay away when we win. Or there's those that do come on here when we win but seem very pissed off. There's all types of fans, we aren't all the same.

It was provocative and he wanted a reaction. Unfortunately, in addition to the reaction he expected, he also got a reaction that was out of order if what he is saying is correct.

If you troll you have to accept such out of order responses as a risk in this day and age.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think LJ is responsible for ‘developing’ Joe Bryan and Aden Flint? Laughable....and I’m not sure how you arrived at a figure of £27m for selling three players?! Nowhere near....

So you think that over the 2 and a half years where Johnson worked with Flint and Bryan they didn't become better footballers? Laughable... 

And I was including Magnússon in that figure as well, which takes it up to 27...

Archived