IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you are still adamant that we had ZERO shots on goal in the 2008 play off final and journalists that report our shots are liars?!

Well I can remember a Trundle volley that was going in until Dawson deflected it over the bar and I remember an Adebola header that was punched off the line by their keeper....I might watch the whole match to list all the other ones you’ve forgotten...perhaps you had too many pre match sherries....

Nah, he had his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears as his worst nightmare was on the verge of coming true and he didn`t want to see it. 

What would he have done if GJ had got us up? His head would have exploded.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nah, he had his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears as his worst nightmare was on the verge of coming true and he didn`t want to see it. 

What would he have done if GJ had got us up? His head would have exploded.

“Like”

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

BBC Report, extracts:

1615: Bristol City earn a free-kick in a decent position but David Noble's curling effort is too close to Boaz Myhill, who saves comfortably.

1624: A couple of chances for Bristol City. First Michael McIndoe's free-kick hits Wayne Brown and deflects just wide for a corner. From McIndoe's centre Lee Trundle glances a header just wide. The Robins are on top for sure.

1639: Lee Trundle twists and turns his way into a good shooting opportunity, but his finish doesn't match his footwork and it is straight at Boaz Myhill. Was that his big chance?

1640: Michael McIndoe makes Boaz Myhill work a bit harder with a long-ranger, but the keeper gets down well to save to his right. It looks like we are set up for a tasty last quarter of an hour.

1650: Late, late drama at Wembley where Boaz Myhill attempts to punch a cross but can only push the ball to Lee Trundle. The striker shoots from 10 yards out, but Michael Turner gets across to make a decisive deflection to send the ball over the bar. If Hull hold on that deflection will be nearly as important as Dean Windass's goal.

1655: It is all Bristol City as Ivan Sproule causes some more problems down the right and sends in a teasing low ball that Sam Ricketts clears brilliantly from just a couple of yards out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7418537.stm

“Like”

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair B08, reading the various threads, those of us that don't appreciate our head coach HAVE been called out on threads such as this. When we lose, I don't see many 'Johnson lovers, you must be devastated' type threads.

If people want to discuss differences, that's great but to resort to name calling as the poster from BS14 has is plain crass.

I haven't seen anyone saying they want City to lose etc etc as some have stated but I don't see why those of us not particularly taken with our present head coach shouldn't reply when called upon.

No disrespect meant. 

BS14 - is that Keynsham?!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Nothing wrong my memory Alex - I’ll never forget that particular season.....

There’s loads wrong with your memory....despite it being proved that a chant suggested on here is now sung at every City game...you claim over and over that you can’t remember it being suggested on here....and you admitted recently on here that you ‘must have forgotten’ when you broke the news about how the new basketball arena etc will look only to be told the images had already been put on here, a good while before you broke the news....it’s not a criticism mate, but your memory ain’t perfect despite your claims....and you’ve obviously forgotten all the shots we had at goal at Wembley in 2008...

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

3 games undefeated is classed as a 'run'? ?

Sadly, yes LJ said so himself on R. Bristol

"Win next week, and we're on a mini-run"

I say sadly because for me a run has to be 6, 7 games. Anything else is middling

Norwich and Derby look like nailed on defeats, but who knows I suppose

First time poster, so hi to all.

This type of post does make me chuckle. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so there is no right or wrong. For what it’s worth, I would love to see Johnson succeed. He genuinely loves the club and would like nothing more than be the one to take us to the promised land. LJ also has lansdowns full support clearly. If he was going to be sacked it would have happened a bloody long time ago. Because of this, whether you want him in or out, it’s not really worth making a big issue of it cos I can’t see him going anywhere. 

At the end of the day, we’re all city fans and we love it when we win and hurt when we lose. This season was always going to be a kind of win a couple, lose a couple sort of year so don’t be upset that we ain’t top of the league, or be thrilled that we are (so far) looking safe from relegation. 

Support the team. Get behind whoever is on the pitch and whoever is in charge. Yes, have your opinions and feel free to share them but during the games, we just need to share our love for the mighty BCFC. One day, it might all click into place you know!

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t some clubs have the away dressing room painted pink to try and prevent the opposition from getting too fired up?

Small margins I guess.:P

Torquay did that.....and I believe they even painted parts of the home dressing room in black to provoke aggression...

https://www.discountfootballkits.com/blog/colour-me-successful/

On 08/12/2018 at 17:33, Fuber said:

Wih due repect Reggy. We've spent over £30m in three years. We would of made a loss of £20m last season, if it was not for selling our three best assets.

If we weren't higher than we were three years ago, playing the footballer we are the moment. Id be very much LJ out. ?

Last season we lost £25m. The 3 best assets plus the squad players who departed will improve this season's accounts- to say nothing of Diony, Kent (half-season loans), Steele, Woodrow near enough a season's wages and though it was a half-season loan, Leko off the wage bill- the accounts for this season will surely look a lot better. O'Neil, Golbourne too, off the books.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Last season we lost £25m. The 3 best assets plus the squad players who departed will improve this season's accounts- to say nothing of Diony, Kent (half-season loans), Steele, Woodrow near enough a season's wages and though it was a half-season loan, Leko off the wage bill- the accounts for this season will surely look a lot better. O'Neil, Golbourne too, off the books.

Alternatively this season - Weimann was on over double Reid who was tied to the contract he signed returning from Plymouth, and was rumoured to be on more than O'Neil was on.

You then have Maenpaa who was likely on more than Steele at Brighton, Adelakun and Watkins who together will be on more than Kent and Leko, Watkins is probably on similar to Woodrow, if slightly less.

Golbourne was mostly out on loan - and closest like for like comparison is that of Hunt who will be on a far bit more. Kalas will be on more than Flint and Webster probably more than Maggs.

Add in signing-on fees, amortisation, and player wage rises, Pack, Pato, Kelly, nd the other U23s new contracts?

Im going to take a stab and say Player wages for 18/19 will be in the region of £22m. So we will likely (depending on fee structures- and when they're recognised within the club accounts) probably just about break even.

41 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Alternatively this season - Weimann was on over double Reid who was tied to the contract he signed returning from Plymouth, and was rumoured to be on more than O'Neil was on.

You then have Maenpaa who was likely on more than Steele at Brighton, Adelakun and Watkins who together will be on more than Kent and Leko, Watkins is probably on similar to Woodrow, if slightly less.

Golbourne was mostly out on loan - and closest like for like comparison is that of Hunt who will be on a far bit more. Kalas will be on more than Flint and Webster probably more than Maggs.

Add in signing-on fees, amortisation, and player wage rises, Pack, Pato, Kelly, nd the other U23s new contracts?

Im going to take a stab and say Player wages for 18/19 will be in the region of £22m. So we will likely (depending on fee structures- and when they're recognised within the club accounts) probably just about break even.

My guess would be somewhere around break even too.

I wonder if not that he'd have been hugely pricy, MK Dons paid Golbourne whole wages or we helped subside it? Also Maenpaa may have took a paycut to come here- agree with a lot of what you say, though Kent or Watkins similar wages? Adelekun compensation payments still to be decided, that cost will have to be factored in. Where amortisation concerned, there would also be reduced cost of amortisation that's no longer on the books for Magnússon, Djuric and though it would be tiny, if there is one, Flint. Engvall and Golbourne too.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:19, Eddie Hitler said:

BBC Report, extracts:

1615: Bristol City earn a free-kick in a decent position but David Noble's curling effort is too close to Boaz Myhill, who saves comfortably.

1624: A couple of chances for Bristol City. First Michael McIndoe's free-kick hits Wayne Brown and deflects just wide for a corner. From McIndoe's centre Lee Trundle glances a header just wide. The Robins are on top for sure.

1639: Lee Trundle twists and turns his way into a good shooting opportunity, but his finish doesn't match his footwork and it is straight at Boaz Myhill. Was that his big chance?

1640: Michael McIndoe makes Boaz Myhill work a bit harder with a long-ranger, but the keeper gets down well to save to his right. It looks like we are set up for a tasty last quarter of an hour.

1650: Late, late drama at Wembley where Boaz Myhill attempts to punch a cross but can only push the ball to Lee Trundle. The striker shoots from 10 yards out, but Michael Turner gets across to make a decisive deflection to send the ball over the bar. If Hull hold on that deflection will be nearly as important as Dean Windass's goal.

1655: It is all Bristol City as Ivan Sproule causes some more problems down the right and sends in a teasing low ball that Sam Ricketts clears brilliantly from just a couple of yards out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7418537.stm

@Robbored Look at what you missed whilst arranging your next day trip with the tramps.

On 08/12/2018 at 17:03, Neo said:

Very sad thread.

One shot on target - ok if we can 100% convert every game provided we don’t concede but highly doubtful.

I’ve never joined the in or out brigade but apathy is still my overwhelming feeling to the current football being played

We had a shot cleared off the line, so just from that 1 memory of the game and the goal we are at double the shots on target that you say.

On 09/12/2018 at 18:13, AppyDAZE said:

Sadly, yes LJ said so himself on R. Bristol

"Win next week, and we're on a mini-run"

I say sadly because for me a run has to be 6, 7 games. Anything else is middling

Norwich and Derby look like nailed on defeats, but who knows I suppose

Then LJ hasn't said so, has he? 

Next week would be 4 unbeaten if we manage it, which he then says is a "mini-run"

I wasn't enthused vs Millwall but we had near misses in that one- side netting twice, hit bar- I don't want to come across all LJ but one of those goes in- hitting the bar mainly- we win the game and may even have opened Millwall further on the break as they would have had to push players up. That is an example of small margins.

@Neo People talk about one shot on target in recent weeks and that definitely is not enough, but teams who hit the woodwork 12 times- which we have- that puts a different slant on it. Hitting woodwork doesn't count as a shot on target but definitely woodwork/goals ratio is above other teams. Could do the maths later but I would wager our goals/woodwork ratio is amongst the highest in the division...

On 09/12/2018 at 17:11, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you are still adamant that we had ZERO shots on goal in the 2008 play off final and journalists that report our shots are liars?!

Well I can remember a Trundle volley that was going in until Dawson deflected it over the bar and I remember an Adebola header that was punched off the line by their keeper....I might watch the whole match to list all the other ones you’ve forgotten...perhaps you had too many pre match sherries....

Surely you aren't questioning the Sage? The Voice Of Reason?

Archived