IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I’m a Johnson outer and have been since last season,

this run wont change that, he isn’t good enough,

but I hope he continues to prove me wrong as that means we win

I agree with your second sentence, but I don't think he'll change my mind, another life line today, 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Pretty much all clubs have lost money of that kind at this level of last few years and some much more. It’s just what you have to spend to stay even competitive. 

Most of it is money lost is made up of wasted signings though Alex.

Baker cant get a game and has regressed as he simply doesn't fit LJs system. O'Dowda, Wright, Hunt, Djuric, Engvall, then you have the loan wages and fees for the likes of Kent, Leko, Diony.

It's around a 1:3 success rate. Not good enough. Not one of LJ's signing are yet to make a profit.

It's not what you spend. It's how you spend it. Brentford, Sheff Utd, Preston, Norwich, etc.

Just now, Fuber said:

Most of it is money lost is made up of wasted signings though Alex.

Baker cant get a game and has regressed as he simply doesn't fit LJs system. O'Dowda, Wright, Hunt, Djuric, Engvall, then you have the loan wages and fees for the likes of Kent, Leko, Diony.

It's around a 1:3 success rate. Not good enough. Not one of LJ's signing are yet to make a profit.

It's not what you spend. It's how you spend it. Brentford, Sheff Utd, Preston, Norwich, etc.

Loads of teams have wasted money on players - it happens. I do think LJ should be doing better but you can’t pretend that this isn’t generally the norm in this league. 

Loads of teams have wasted money on players - it happens. I do think LJ should be doing better but you can’t pretend that this isn’t generally the norm in this league. 

The issue is Alex, it doesn't line up with SL 'Sustainability' bullcrap.

We've increased our wage spending by 30% under Lee, and that's with last season's team. Between Weimann and others like Kalas, Hunt, Maenpaa?

Only going up.

50 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Glad we are doing well, and that some of the pressure has eased, but I don't think threads like this help at all. Turns it into a pathetic tit for tat exercise.

Whilst I agree, it does make a change from the constant negative Johnson out/criticise everything City related (including threads criticising fans who aren't in the LJ out brigade) at the moment. 

You could argue this goes a way to balancing it out.

Just now, Fuber said:

The issue is Alex, it doesn't line up with SL 'Sustainability' bullcrap.

We've increased our wage spending by 30% under Lee, and that's with last season's team. Between Weimann and others like Kalas, Hunt, Maenpaa?

Only going up.

Wages for all teams are going up by that or more so I don’t buy any of that. You have to spend that just to stay competitive. What we need to do is get more from less which is easier said than done.

The approach by SL and LJ is spot on - just needs to be a lot better in execution. 

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Whilst I agree, it does make a change from the constant negative Johnson out/criticise everything City related (including threads criticising fans who aren't in the LJ out brigade) at the moment. 

You could argue this goes a way to balancing it out.

If I cook chicken and it's raw on the inside, but burnt on the outside, I'm still going to get food poisoning.

It's the bipartisan behaviour that just gets to me on here. People going personal with others, and then not giving up and escalating it further as the internet is an easy place to throw insults at people on. There can still be good analysis here and it's a shame to see it get rarer and rarer.

16 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How can someone who has consistently got us midtable in this league be a fraud? 

Fraud harsh, but look at the actual performance levels, the lack of tactical identity and then consider the resource (a twenty million pound + loss last season) committed to being mediocre, and frequently painful to watch.

Mr Johnson talks a very very good game his teams rarely play one. 

Wages for all teams are going up by that or more so I don’t buy any of that. You have to spend that just to stay competitive. What we need to do is get more from less which is easier said than done.

The approach by SL and LJ is spot on - just needs to be a lot better in execution. 

Wages I.e. increasing or decreasing depends on the team.

My issue is that in terms of player expenditure, there's not many teams who have outspent us outside the top 5-6 in the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

If I cook chicken and it's raw on the inside, but burnt on the outside, I'm still going to get food poisoning.

It's the bipartisan behaviour that just gets to me on here. People going personal with others, and then not giving up and escalating it further as the internet is an easy place to throw insults at people on. There can still be good analysis here and it's a shame to see it get rarer and rarer.

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Otib is becoming a toxic place to post balanced views without being slated - A lot of which does get personal. If it's going to happen though at least its good to see there are still fans of both sides.

The criticism of late does appear to becoming more aimed at each other's different views rather than focusing on the football.

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want us to get points, I like LJ BUT I still don't think we're progressing under him. First two years you could argue he was developing a team, a style and there was progress, however looking at the last year I would say we've gone very much the other way. Even with the last three games we've shown no real performance that makes a statement, maybe you could argue we've shown some grit and fight but we still don't look organised hoofing the ball up and sitting very deep when leading allowing the opposition back into the game. Today Birmingham were very unlucky hitting the inside of the post but not scoring, had that gone in we'd be talking about how the team sat back and invited pressure which allowed Brum back into the game, instead on paper it looks like a positive.

All in all at this point we've arguably got a weaker squad than we had when LJ took over, we've not formed a style of play and our attendances are dropping which is a clear sign that a lot of fans don't see that potential to improve.

Personally, I think January is more crucial than ever, if it's as poor as last seasons January recruitment we'll find ourselves in a very dangerous position should our performances continue as they have been as we can't keep gaining points when playing so poorly, luck doesn't last for too long. We really need to find some solid talent to bring into this squad because right now our left back is our stand out player and that's already drawing interest. We can't afford to sell Kelly, Brownhill or arguably Webster, they're the few who could be our future to build on.

You are right about Kelly attracting attention, Hoskins and Owers said during the commentary, that there where at least 6 or 7 scouts watching this afternoon. OK perhaps they are watching other players, but I very much doubt it, City will have a hard time holding on to him,  if not in January, certainly at the end of the season. If Kelly continues improving, as he has been.

29 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

The fraud.... the guy that’s improved our league position every season and is 5 points off the playoffs. What a helmet you are 

Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt make them a “helmet”, good one by the way, havent heard that in at least 20 years.

im prepared to accept that lj has had to sell his 3 most valuable players, but when he has signed so many who have had a limited impact, spending so much, but still with no real way of setting up the team, its no wonder people are fed up with it.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Jesus, it’s worse than being at school on this forum. So childish. 

We should of beaten Millwall, and beating Ipswich & Birmingham doesn’t make up for many awful performances this season.

We’ve got 2 hard games next, which we are likely to get no points. 

We should HAVE

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt make them a “helmet”, good one by the way, havent heard that in at least 20 years.

im prepared to accept that lj has had to sell his 3 most valuable players, but when he has signed so many who have had a limited impact, spending so much, but still with no real way of setting up the team, its no wonder people are fed up with it.

Exactly right. 

Sadly if you don't fall in line with the LJ fan boys they resort to verbal abuse . Sad 

Just now, aa_bcfc said:

I’m far from a fan of LJ but 7 points from 3 games speaks for itself. However even the most rose tinters have to agree that the performances have been at best very average. 

This is exactly it. We aren’t playing very well - it isn’t good to watch. But LJ continues to keep us midtable. He isn’t the fraud some say he is but he also should be doing better I think. Long term is that what SL wants for us? Personally I think at some point he has to consider if there is someone out there who can get us from midtable to playoff challengers using the same strategy. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Chin up the Johnson Outers. The tide has well and truly turned. Better luck next week. 

Pathetic. 

I'm glad we've won. It's my team, why would I want anything different other than us to win? Doesn't mean I have faith in our manager. The last few years are proof enough for me, that in my opinion, he isn't the man to take us forward. His signings, his tactics, his press interviews, everything about him doesn't strike me with confidence. 

So I'm happy we've won. But you're thread is nothing short of pathetic in those who have a different view other than yourself. Sad. 

36 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Tsk...

The approach was spot off and some.

Bryan, Flint and Reid had to be sold or the FFP cops were on the way.

Archived