IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

28 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

The fraud.... the guy that’s improved our league position every season and is 5 points off the playoffs. What a helmet you are 

We finished 17th our first season with him and 11th last season so it's fair to say that is progress, however, we've sold three key players (arguably 4) and some of the better performing players last season have suddenly lost their form. We're currently in 13th despite a good few results in a row and we're still not playing good football.

I'm not calling LJ a fraud but I will say he still doesn't seem to have the team playing any form of identifiable football. One moment we're trying to cross, then we're playing pass and move football, then we're just aimlessly hoofing the ball up and hoping for the best, that isn't progression. Right now it's easy to say "He's got us 7 points from 9 and we're mid-table" but that is a short-sighted way of looking at things, this time last season we were third with a stronger team and we still managed to drop 8 positions between that point and the end of the season. If we were to drop 8 positions from where we are now and the end of the season we'd finish 21st, one place above relegation and 10 places behind where we finished last season.

All of those stats aside if you look at our performances week in, week out that's where you see the real issues are, we're still extremely quick to drop back and defend a small lead which shows a lack of self-belief in how we attack, we've only managed 7 shots on target in our last 3 games, that's out of 30 shots.. essentially we're averaging 10 shots a game and only 2.3 on target a game. That may not sound bad but that means if we don't score one of those 2 shots on target we don't score, it's a painfully low statistic that shows how lucky we've been in the past three games, especially when our opposition has scored two of our five goals in those games and we've actually got results from them.

Looking at 7 points from 9 looks great, watching the performances and looking deeper into the stats shows how lucky we've been and we cannot rely on our opponents to be worse than us every week as they have been recently. Birmingham away is a great result to get but it could have gone either way, we made a right meal of Millwall and didn't even score, they did that for us and Ipswich... well, we were awful considering they've lost 57% of their games, drawn 38% and won only 5% (one game).

Right now it's fine to feel a little more comfortable but if our performances do not improve soon then another 20 games from now we could be in a really bad way.

Good win today at a place which hasn’t seen a defeat since March and we don’t historically do well at. However, there is still time for the wheels to come off - or equally for us to put a good run together and reach the playoffs. 

Things aren’t suddenly great each time we win or terrible when we lose. This thread was clearly designed to wind some people up, but as for it to be pointless or unwarranted; it’s just as valid or appropriate (or invalid and unwarranted) as all the ‘LJ Out’ threads which appear before the final whistle echo dies away each time we lose!

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

We finished 17th our first season with him and 11th last season so it's fair to say that is progress, however, we've sold three key players (arguably 4) and some of the better performing players last season have suddenly lost their form. We're currently in 13th despite a good few results in a row and we're still not playing good football.

I'm not calling LJ a fraud but I will say he still doesn't seem to have the team playing any form of identifiable football. One moment we're trying to cross, then we're playing pass and move football, then we're just aimlessly hoofing the ball up and hoping for the best, that isn't progression. Right now it's easy to say "He's got us 7 points from 9 and we're mid-table" but that is a short-sighted way of looking at things, this time last season we were third with a stronger team and we still managed to drop 8 positions between that point and the end of the season. If we were to drop 8 positions from where we are now and the end of the season we'd finish 21st, one place above relegation and 10 places behind where we finished last season.

All of those stats aside if you look at our performances week in, week out that's where you see the real issues are, we're still extremely quick to drop back and defend a small lead which shows a lack of self-belief in how we attack, we've only managed 7 shots on target in our last 3 games, that's out of 30 shots.. essentially we're averaging 10 shots a game and only 2.3 on target a game. That may not sound bad but that means if we don't score one of those 2 shots on target we don't score, it's a painfully low statistic that shows how lucky we've been in the past three games, especially when our opposition has scored two of our five goals in those games and we've actually got results from them.

Looking at 7 points from 9 looks great, watching the performances and looking deeper into the stats shows how lucky we've been and we cannot rely on our opponents to be worse than us every week as they have been recently. Birmingham away is a great result to get but it could have gone either way, we made a right meal of Millwall and didn't even score, they did that for us and Ipswich... well, we were awful considering they've lost 57% of their games, drawn 38% and won only 5% (one game).

Right now it's fine to feel a little more comfortable but if our performances do not improve soon then another 20 games from now we could be in a really bad way.

Don’t feel like you have to defend yourself.

I don’t want Johnson to be sacked at all, but he isn’t a great manager and city could be a lot better as our wildly positive runs of form would evidence.

mid, mid, mid table!

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Of course all of us always want City to win

We have managed to pick up 7 much needed points in last three games does not change the wider picture that there are serious shortcomings at Ashton Gate on and off the pitch

Care to point out what those ‘shortcomings’ are?

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Good win today at a place which hasn’t seen a defeat since March and we don’t historically do well at. However, there is still time for the wheels to come off - or equally for us to put a good run together and reach the playoffs. 

Things aren’t suddenly great each time we win or terrible when we lose. This thread was clearly designed to wind some people up, but as for it to be pointless or unwarranted; it’s just as valid or appropriate (or invalid and unwarranted) as all the ‘LJ Out’ threads which appear before the final whistle echo dies away each time we lose!

But those threads are about the football and the manager, you can agree with them or not.  This thread is about a group of supporters which does nothing apart from make the OP look a total wankpuffin.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Don’t feel like you have to defend yourself.

I don’t want Johnson to be sacked at all, but he isn’t a great manager and city could be a lot better as our wildly positive runs of form would evidence.

mid, mid, mid table!

It's not a case of I'm defending myself, it's just my irritation of seeing people be happy when we go a few games without losing. It doesn't say much for the team when two wins and a draw is our high point, especially off of the back of very mediocre performances at best.

The results look alright on paper. But we've only had a handful of shots on target in the last few games. Ipswich and Milwall helped by putting the ball in their own net.

Johnson talks about having no luck but we've been incredibly lucky, playing like this wont get you very far.

Johnson will be under pressure until he sorts the home form out, you know, the stuff we pay all that money for.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It's not a case of I'm defending myself, it's just my irritation of seeing people be happy when we go a few games without losing. It doesn't say much for the team when two wins and a draw is our high point, especially off of the back of very mediocre performances at best.

I agree.

We aren’t great, but frustratingly we have shown some real class, albeit mainly last season.

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Johnson talks about having no luck but we've been incredibly lucky, playing like this wont get you very far 

Not true......his father managed it for an entire season.

That said I go to AG to be entertained and really don’t get anything from watching uninspiring and drab football. I really hope LJ gets back to playing the exciting stuff we were playing at the start of last season.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not true......his father managed it for an entire season.

This whole "We played crap football under GJ" stuff bugs me, it's almost like people forget that we played some very exciting and great football under him, that was when we were on the up, it was only later in his tenure that we started playing the awful stuff and that's when he "left by mutual consent". I certainly remember some great football under GJ but like his son it came in waves and is easily forgotten once you start watching the bad performances, which in GJ's case was the last thing we saw.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

This whole "We played crap football under GJ" stuff bugs me, it's almost like people forget that we played some very exciting and great football under him, that was when we were on the up, it was only later in his tenure that we started playing the awful stuff and that's when he "left by mutual consent". I certainly remember some great football under GJ but like his son it came in waves and is easily forgotten once you start watching the bad performances, which in GJ's case was the last thing we saw.

You remember ‘some great football’?.....when?

The only exciting football City played under Senior was against Palace in the pray off semi finals. All the other matches were uninspiring and dull - hence the GD of +1..........followed by no shots on goal in the final.

The results masked the performances yet some posters simply can’t accept that.

I just hope LJ isn’t going the same way.

I swear all these that are against LJ are only happy when we lose just to sign in on here just to say I told you so, then we go and win and they still come on here to say how lucky we were or it’s just papering over the cracks, blah blah blah. We’ve won FFS enjoy it.

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

I swear all these that are against LJ are only happy when we lose just to sign in on here just to say I told you so, then we go and win and they still come on here to say how lucky we were or it’s just papering over the cracks, blah blah blah. We’ve won FFS enjoy it.

Results/Performance 

Close/Faraway

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You remember ‘some great football’?.....when?

The only exciting football City played under Senior was against Palace in the pray off semi finals. All the other matches were uninspiring and dull - hence the GD of +1..........followed by no shots on goal in the final.

The results masked the performances yet some posters simply can’t accept that.

I just hope LJ isn’t going the same way.

when? What do you expect me to do, post up game by game results? haha

I had my season ticket under GJ, yes we weren't inspiring every game but we weren't terrible like many people make out. As I said, I remember seeing some very entertaining games, we may not have played like Man City or Barca but back then neither did Man City or Barca, it was a different game. 

LJ has proved he can get a team to play nice football but this is his squad more than it was when we were playing nice football and it's got a lot worse!

37 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Tsk...

The approach was spot off and some.

Bryan, Flint and Reid had to be sold or the FFP cops were on the way.

That’s very true. But look behind the decisions before that. If we’d not made the losses - largely due to salaries, amortisation and another “indeterminate” cost - or if SL had dug even deeper - then they might still be here.

2 hours ago, One BCFC said:

Nope. Still want him gone but happy we won today. Entertainment factor still non existent and a bad run will happen again. Delighted with today's win well done lads.

This! 

Sanctimonious crap from the OP.

Nothing changes as far as I'm concerned, still want him gone.

Archived