IGNORED

7 points from 3 games. Johnson Outers Must Be Devastated.

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

How is he a liar? He is saying he didn't receive private messages.

What he said was very misleading though.

I thought he meant PM's from this and I suspect a lot of other people will have done.

'A lot of the Johnson Outers sending personal abusive messages which shows the height of their frustration at this unbeaten run '

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

I’ve never understood this accusation that if you believe the manager isn’t the right man for the job then you must want the team to lose and be disappointed when they win (even more so in the current environment in which the manager is nowhere near getting sacked).

To make such an accusation would either mean you’ve never believed a manager should be sacked in your entire time supporting the club, which is difficult to believe when supporting a club as unsuccessful as this one, or that when you did feel that way you wanted the team to lose so he would. Probably reveals more about yourself than those you wish to accuse.

I have no shame in saying I don’t believe Lee Johnson to be the right man for the job, but I was delighted yesterday, and in actual fact it was the most I’ve enjoyed a game for months.

And anyway, even if I was someone that was inclined to want City to lose so the manager would change, I wouldn’t understand feeling like that at the moment as his position isn’t under threat. So the choices are we lose yesterday and Lee Johnson is the manager next weekend or we we win yesterday and Lee Johnson is the manager next weekend. So I struggle to understand why anyone may have wanted us to lose.

I think the OP needs a prolonged stay in the pink room.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he meant people got personal on this thread. He would have put 'private' if he meant private.

If you look at sending them, such as by hovering over my profile, you will see that it says "Message" and if you hover over the envelope icon at the top right of your screen they are called "Messages".

People refer to them as PM in posts but that could refer to either Private Message or Personal Message so the semantic distinction is irrelevant.

They are Messages and not Posts.  There is only one way in which anybody would have read Red Dave's reference to messages and that was clearly the intention of the posting.

If he had been referring to what people had said in posts in the thread then the term used would have been something like "abusive posts" or "personal insults".

It's not the main point of the thread but it seems daft to try to argue that black is white.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, Joe Bryan played 50 games in that epic season under Steve Cotterill and Aden Flint played 58 games so I’d say Cotts was as responsible for their development as anyone...and you said in your previous post that we got 27m for three players....so you weren’t including Mags...you said, and I quote, “I’d say selling 3 players for 27million pounds is decent business sense...”

OK, I was a few million out, still 23 million off of 3 players who were brought in for 300k between them seems like a decent investment in my eyes. 

And I may well be wrong but I'd imagine they played more games under Johnson than cotts, so surely to say he had nothing to development is, to quote you, 'laughable' 

Might be worth closing down this thread or merging it with others.

At the end of the day, quite a few posters ought to just take 10 seconds and think “would I say the same thing i’m about to post to their face”.  Perhaps a few would, but in the main most people wouldn’t.  

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Might be worth closing down this thread or merging it with others.

At the end of the day, quite a few posters ought to just take 10 seconds and think “would I say the same thing i’m about to post to their face”.  Perhaps a few would, but in the main most people wouldn’t.  

Including the OP, not sure shouting that from a soapbox down at AG before the next match would be a bright idea.

As certain people are now shown up to be  'hypocrites' for something they said twenty years ago or more, I'd like to bare my soul.

I think it is perfectly possible for some fans wanting City to lose because over twenty years ago, I booed our manager for scoring against Cardiff.  Yes, I booed Russell Osman for heading in the equaliser. I didn't like Russell's style of team play etc etc etc.

If CCTV footage is still available, my defence team would be hard put to get me off the hook. Did I want City to lose that game as well? I can neither confirm nor deny your Honour (but maybe....or maybe not)!

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

So when we lose, the LJ outers can scream and shout, that's ok. But when we win and the people that want to hit back at the Johnson outers, that's not ok. 

Makes perfect sense to me. 

So the Johnson outers always win, whatever situation.  City lose, they get their bitching session. And if City win, obviously they get the joy of city winning, and and it's pathetic when anything else is mentioned... They always fall back on "just enjoy the win".. pha. 

To be fair B08, reading the various threads, those of us that don't appreciate our head coach HAVE been called out on threads such as this. When we lose, I don't see many 'Johnson lovers, you must be devastated' type threads.

If people want to discuss differences, that's great but to resort to name calling as the poster from BS14 has is plain crass.

I haven't seen anyone saying they want City to lose etc etc as some have stated but I don't see why those of us not particularly taken with our present head coach shouldn't reply when called upon.

No disrespect meant. 

I don't see the conceptual difficulty in wanting City to win yet believing LJ will only take us so far. One can even take the view that he's a good Head Coach and does well to get us established in and around the mid-table, and that represents a perfectly good job well done. However, take Nigel Adkins at Southampton, back along, replaced by Pochettino when they were 15th in the Prem and on an upwards trajectory. Yes, well done to Nige in gaining promotion and getting them out of the relegation zone but, somewhere along the line the decision has been taken that that's the ceiling on Adkins' ability and - albeit in hindsight - that was indeed a career high for any teams he has managed. Maybe 'high mid-table' in the Championship will be that similar tidemark for LJ, maybe it won't, but for those of us who aspire to more than that for City and don't believe that LJ is the individual to deliver it, it's a huge jump, conceptually, to say that we enjoy our team losing. Aspiring to better is a million miles away from revelling in a lack of progression.   

5 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I don't see the conceptual difficulty in wanting City to win yet believing LJ will only take us so far. One can even take the view that he's a good Head Coach and does well to get us established in and around the mid-table, and that represents a perfectly good job well done. However, take Nigel Adkins at Southampton, back along, replaced by Pochettino when they were 15th in the Prem and on an upwards trajectory. Yes, well done to Nige in gaining promotion and getting them out of the relegation zone but, somewhere along the line the decision has been taken that that's the ceiling on Adkins' ability and - albeit in hindsight - that was indeed a career high for any teams he has managed. Maybe 'high mid-table' in the Championship will be that similar tidemark for LJ, maybe it won't, but for those of us who aspire to more than that for City and don't believe that LJ is the individual to deliver it, it's a huge jump, conceptually, to say that we enjoy our team losing. Aspiring to better is a million miles away from revelling in a lack of progression.   

Good post; I wanted to keep Cotts longer than we did but in hindsight he had taken us as far as he could (my opinion, others differ).

Whilst I was unhappy with LJ's appointment I thought he had done enough for the losing runs to be tolerated and after last season wanted him to be given one more transfer window and a good crack at this season.  IMO he has had that but has not performed and it's time to look for another coach / manager.

I think that's a considered and fair view but apparently it makes me some kind of foaming at the mouth Johnson "Outer" always looking for an opportunity to have a go at him.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wikipedia?    Jeez........ We all know how reliable and accurate they are.

I was there and I can’t remember one single shot on goal. No way did City have 13 - unless that was the total for the entire season.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was there and I can’t remember one single shot on goal. No way did City have 13 - unless that was the total for the entire season.

Ok, fair enough....let’s assume Wiki is inaccurate - here’s The Telegraph’s match report which says we had 14 shots on goal...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301467/Championship-play-off-final-Dean-Windass-fires-Hull-to-Premier-League-riches.html

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Your memory is appalling as you can’t even remember how good GJ did to take us from bottom of league 1 to within 90 mins of the Prem. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, fair enough....let’s assume Wiki is inaccurate - here’s The Telegraph’s match report which says we had 14 shots on goal...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301467/Championship-play-off-final-Dean-Windass-fires-Hull-to-Premier-League-riches.html

Whoever wrote that obviously wasn’t there.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Whoever wrote that obviously wasn’t there.

So you are still adamant that we had ZERO shots on goal in the 2008 play off final and journalists that report our shots are liars?!

Well I can remember a Trundle volley that was going in until Dawson deflected it over the bar and I remember an Adebola header that was punched off the line by their keeper....I might watch the whole match to list all the other ones you’ve forgotten...perhaps you had too many pre match sherries....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you are still adamant that we had ZERO shots on goal in the 2008 play off final and journalists that report our shots are liars?!

Well I can remember a Trundle volley that was going in until Dawson deflected it over the bar and I remember an Adebola header that was punched off the line by their keeper....I might watch the whole match to list all the other ones you’ve forgotten...perhaps you had too many pre match sherries....

BBC Report, extracts:

1615: Bristol City earn a free-kick in a decent position but David Noble's curling effort is too close to Boaz Myhill, who saves comfortably.

1624: A couple of chances for Bristol City. First Michael McIndoe's free-kick hits Wayne Brown and deflects just wide for a corner. From McIndoe's centre Lee Trundle glances a header just wide. The Robins are on top for sure.

1639: Lee Trundle twists and turns his way into a good shooting opportunity, but his finish doesn't match his footwork and it is straight at Boaz Myhill. Was that his big chance?

1640: Michael McIndoe makes Boaz Myhill work a bit harder with a long-ranger, but the keeper gets down well to save to his right. It looks like we are set up for a tasty last quarter of an hour.

1650: Late, late drama at Wembley where Boaz Myhill attempts to punch a cross but can only push the ball to Lee Trundle. The striker shoots from 10 yards out, but Michael Turner gets across to make a decisive deflection to send the ball over the bar. If Hull hold on that deflection will be nearly as important as Dean Windass's goal.

1655: It is all Bristol City as Ivan Sproule causes some more problems down the right and sends in a teasing low ball that Sam Ricketts clears brilliantly from just a couple of yards out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7418537.stm

Archived