IGNORED

Herbie Kane's finest moment (so far)...

Merrick's Marvels

25 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

What a cross for Doncaster's third.

Then gave their end some in celebration!

Well played our kid, enjoy your evening. 

Yep. I shall be settling down to my Full English and watching the repeat tomorrow morning. I don`t normally bother with Leagues 1 & 2 but may make an exception just this once.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Would love it if we could get him on loan next season.

In all honesty, what would be wrong with January?

According to BEP, he’s only on loan at Donnie until Jan. He’s been ripping L1 a new one and is a box to box CM who is highly rated. We’re exactly missing what he provides and he’s a city fan so would surely be interested.

The only negative for me here seems to be Liverpool - on two fronts. The “Kent” issue and whether they think he’s ready for the next level. If those can be got over, is there any reason why a Jan deal isn’t a goer?

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In all honesty, what would be wrong with January?

According to BEP, he’s only on loan at Donnie until Jan. He’s been ripping L1 a new one and is a box to box CM who is highly rated. We’re exactly missing what he provides and he’s a city fan so would surely be interested.

The only negative for me here seems to be Liverpool - on two fronts. The “Kent” issue and whether they think he’s ready for the next level. If those can be got over, is there any reason why a Jan deal isn’t a goer?

Think Liverpool would factor in the fact he's going to play for 'his club' though, not like Kent just going to some other destination. 

Too bad really that our most highly rated youngsters have already been poached by the big guns by the time they hit puberty. When youth development and coaching is the only way we are realistically going to make progress, it makes you wonder what chance a club like ours has in this day and age. 

16 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Too bad really that our most highly rated youngsters have already been poached by the big guns by the time they hit puberty. When youth development and coaching is the only way we are realistically going to make progress, it makes you wonder what chance a club like ours has in this day and age. 

Personally I think we’ll be fine, the Academy at the moment seems in very good shape, clubs like they no hopers down the road have exactly that - no hope.

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They signed him from our academy when he was 14/15.

Makes you think though doesn't it, If he loves City so much, why did he leave us to go the Liverpool academy?  Of course there are the obvious reasons that we don't need to mention, but if I had been at the academy as a teenager, I'd like to think I'd stay at the club and try to push for the first team.  I guess it's a question of heart v head and whether City ever told him he had a pathway to the 1st team.

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Makes you think though doesn't it, If he loves City so much, why did he leave us to go the Liverpool academy?  Of course there are the obvious reasons that we don't need to mention, but if I had been at the academy as a teenager, I'd like to think I'd stay at the club and try to push for the first team.  I guess it's a question of heart v head and whether City ever told him he had a pathway to the 1st team.

Maybe the set up is better now with a Manager prepared to work with the Academy to provide chances? 

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Are you being serious when you ask why he should go to Premiership Liverpool rather than stay at third division Bristol City?

Archived