IGNORED

Jack Hunt

MC RISK77

I appreciate from reports from those their today that Pisano played really well, but very confused about how hunt is now second choice.

i don’t think he was bad at all, got forward well and could defend...my opinion but thought he was a competent right back.

is he carrying an injury or am I totally wrong and he is actually crap?

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

I appreciate from reports from those their today that Pisano played really well, but very confused about how hunt is now second choice.

i don’t think he was bad at all, got forward well and could defend...my opinion but thought he was a competent right back.

The Owls fans weren’t too upset to see him join us. They described him as a decent Championship RB who got forward we’ll but often wasted a cross......seems they were spot on.

He was signed when Eros was struggling with injuries to provide cover in at RB and now that Pisano is fit again Hunt has lost his place.

I tend to agree with LJ in selecting Pisano. He offers a bit more than Hunt both defensively and going forward.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The Owls fans weren’t too upset to see him join us. They described him as a decent Championship RB who got forward we’ll but often wasted a cross......seems they were spot on.

He was signed when Eros was struggling with injuries to provide cover in at RB and now that Pisano is fit again Hunt has lost his place.

I tend to agree with LJ in selecting Pisano. He offers a bit more than Hunt both defensively and going forward.

No chance going forward maybe defensively...don’t think hunt did much wrong to be honest...anyhow irrelevant as Pisano taking his chance

25 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I think he's good going forward but don't rate him in defence. 

Pisano is a better defensively, imo hunts suspect in defence and being a defender that's not a great attribute.

Pisano got a better song

The 'Pisano'  who first appeared before us before that injury was a cracking good player.   Looks like we are getting that same player back again, and so Hunt will have to wait for his chance.  It is good to know we have a decent and able back up to compete at the RB berth.  

Seems PISANO had a decent game, (from radio) and again look forward to comments from those who were present today.   OWERS on the radio (who I rate) paid a high compliment to our back line who saw this game out, along with a bit of lady luck

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I am not sure Hunt was brought in as cover. I think maybe Pisano has improved in recent weeks to get his chance.

If you remember last season when Eros was injured LJ had to play Korey Smith and then Bailey Wright at RB - that’s one example of why cover is needed in every position.

Common sense management.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just wouldn’t have paid that money for him (Or Watkins), Especially  when we lack elsewhere

Add Kalas to the list too imo. Good defender but we have options. Add up fees and wages for those 3 and you can get a decent striker. Perhaps even get that Tammy Abraham on loan.  Wasted a lot of money on players these last few years. With so many young players now much closer to the first team was there a need for Hunt or Watkins? Did Paterson actually deserve a new contract? They make some odd decisions if I am being nice about it

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Add Kalas to the list too imo. Good defender but we have options. Add up fees and wages for those 3 and you can get a decent striker. Perhaps even get that Tammy Abraham on loan.  Wasted a lot of money on players these last few years. With so many young players now much closer to the first team was there a need for Hunt or Watkins? Did Paterson actually deserve a new contract? They make some odd decisions if I am being nice about it

Mate appreciate what you are saying but for career progression Tammy was never coming back here...either lower prem team or top end championship team was always his next stop

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Only thing with Kalas Joe , is he brings proven quality and much experience at this level , and above in a key position

I guess you’re thinking Baker / Kelly / BW as the options but you have to say , would you have total confidence in availability or performance from Baker or BW after last season and although Kelly is starting to look ready to develop as a CH , you wouldn’t want that pressure on him or you , to have to rely on him

58 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Pisano is in the shop window for January? I read here somewhere he hasn't been given a contract extension. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

It doesn’t necessarily mean either. It means Pisano has come in, done alright and kept his place. That’s generally what happens with football team selection - though admittedly not often the case with Lee

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only thing with Kalas Joe , is he brings proven quality and much experience at this level , and above in a key position

I guess you’re thinking Baker / Kelly / BW as the options but you have to say , would you have total confidence in availability or performance from Baker or BW after last season and although Kelly is starting to look ready to develop as a CH , you wouldn’t want that pressure on him or you , to have to rely on him

I’d rely on Kelly because think he is a special talent and more than capable of holding his own at CB. Look across most league across Europe there are teenagers and early 20s playing all over. He is linked with massive clubs and getting a lot of appreciation in the England setup. Kelly one of the few that haven’t really dipped in form. Only thing I’d say is we still weren’t 100% sure about Kelly at the start of the season. 

As for Baker, Wright and Hegeler that makes 5 CBs which I think is plenty. Kalas while solid I believe is a luxury that we could have used the funds elsewhere. I would say better than Kelly right now but not by much. Certainly not enough for the money we are spending imo. Look at our losses last season. We need to use our money more wisely. I like us growing young players to sell on and be sustainable but only if we are a bit wiser with the little we have conpared to other clubs

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d rely on Kelly because think he is a special talent and more than capable of holding his own at CB. Look across most league across Europe there are teenagers and early 20s playing all over. He is linked with massive clubs and getting a lot of appreciation in the England setup. Kelly one of the few that haven’t really dipped in form. Only thing I’d say is we still weren’t 100% sure about Kelly at the start of the season. 

As for Baker, Wright and Hegeler that makes 5 CBs which I think is plenty. Kalas while solid I believe is a luxury that we could have used the funds elsewhere. I would say better than Kelly right now but not by much. Certainly not enough for the money we are spending imo. Look at our losses last season. We need to use our money more wisely. I like us growing young players to sell on and be sustainable but only if we are a bit wiser with the little we have conpared to other clubs

Generally agree about LK Joe and he may well do a increasingly good job at CH

Still naive at times (Morison nudge , getting too close too early) but learns quickly and will be a very good CH IMHO

But if you were the manager setting out on a long season would you want to have to rely on him , with any mistakes whilst learning at CH and as a first team player more likely to cost goals, and points ? 

More pressure on LK too

I would Look to play him with Webster if we end up mid table later in season with no chance of up or down

Pisano looked good today. Battled well and really got stuck in. When Hunt was signed I thought we’d progress as we’d signed an attacking right back who would offer more going forward than Pisano/Wright did last year.

However, I’m starting to think having a more solid defensive RB is the current answer

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Generally agree about LK Joe and he may well do a increasingly good job at CH

Still naive at times (Morison nudge , getting too close too early) but learns quickly and will be a very good CH IMHO

But if you were the manager setting out on a long season would you want to have to rely on him , with any mistakes whilst learning at CH and as a first team player more likely to cost goals, and points ? 

More pressure on LK too

I would Look to play him with Webster if we end up mid table later in season with no chance of up or down

If I knew then what I know now about Kelly then yes I would have relied on him. Tbf to LJ probably could not make that decision in August with only a handful of appearances for LK. LK is very level headed. I don’t think pressure bothers him too much. I don’t think a mistake would crush his confidence. I am with you though. If we to be a midtable team I’d like to see that pairing. Especially if we can keep LK and Webster past this summer

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If I knew then what I know now about Kelly then yes I would have relied on him. Tbf to LJ probably could not make that decision in August with only a handful of appearances for LK. LK is very level headed. I don’t think pressure bothers him too much. I don’t think a mistake would crush his confidence. I am with you though. If we to be a midtable team I’d like to see that pairing. Especially if we can keep LK and Webster past this summer

Personally I don’t think , and hope LK will he off anywhere too soon 

We are in a strong position to set a fee that may frighten some off

Hes a potential £60 million pound centre half

How much are they prepared to pay for that potential ?

Cant see his value doing snything but climbing

Id he pencilling AW and LK in as my CH pairing for next season , and telling LK so

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

or am I totally wrong and he is actually crap?

I have the same thoughts about players, too (not about Hunt, I really do think he is relatively on the crapper side of things. And it's quite a crowded place that, down the City ground). I sometimes watch players and think X or Y, read otib after a game and wonder if I'm totally wrong? Fr'instance I don't think Andi Wiemann will score another goal for us (obvs doesn't help being played wide) but apparently he's dynamite for others. It's all a matter of opinions, MC RISK, and yours is as good as any.

47 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

Haven’t we got an absurdly high win rate when Pisano plays? (I haven’t got the stats at hand, but seem to remember reading them on here before) 

Just found this from March this year - when we play Pisano we tend to win or draw. That’s carried on this season now he’s back from injury. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-citys-secret-defensive-1366773 

Archived