IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou - well done that man

reddogkev

Match winner again, must feel pretty good for him to score winning goal against Birmingham.  He needs to be a guaranteed starter in the team (provided fitness for games etc).

Who should be up there with him for home games, that's the question.

I've said it before, I love the bloke. 

Consistent selection will undoubtedly benefit him in terms of match fitness, sharpness, and confidence (essential in a striker)

Hope he plays every game.  All we need to find from inside the club (all those for the future strikers out on loan) or in January window is a striking partner for him. 

By the way, anyone know what has happened to wonderkid Hinds?

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Decent striker at this level - just looking at his goal scoring record. Enjoyable to see him prove the doubters wrong as usual too. 

I’m not a huge Fammy fan, but great to see him get the winner obviously - yet you say he ‘proves the doubters wrong as usual’ - ‘usually’ ?! Or rarely....

Anyway, fair play to him...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not a huge Fammy fan, but great to see him get the winner obviously - yet you say he ‘proves the doubters wrong as usual’ - ‘usually’ ?! Or rarely....

Anyway, fair play to him...

Yeh - look at his record at city in terms of goal scoring. 

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Comfortably our best striker, I'm sure he'd be the first to agree he had a bad spell but who doesn't?

I remember Kodjia getting loads if stuck on here during a bad spell......not long before we sold him for £18m 

Yep, and now FD is scoring again, hopefully his confidence will continue to grow and he will deliver many more match-winning performances.

51 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Consistent selection will undoubtedly benefit him in terms of match fitness, sharpness, and confidence (essential in a striker)

Hope he plays every game.  All we need to find from inside the club (all those for the future strikers out on loan) or in January window is a striking partner for him. 

By the way, anyone know what has happened to wonderkid Hinds?

Him and Taylor seemed to play ok together in the cup games last year. Don't think they've played together much this year? 

54 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yeh - look at his record at city in terms of goal scoring. 

It is pretty decent isn’t it.

The problem with Fam is that he’s not a target man, he’s not a back-to-goal striker....it’s just because he’s a big bloke, we think he should be.  I watched a fair bit of him (mainly clips, highlights) at SCO Angers, and he latched into balls played through, or spired the odd header.  He was never the out ball from defence.

Of course for a big bloke he does need to use his physique better, and I can see why he gets the criticism he gets... but I think he does deserve a bit of slack, because he’s not playing his natural game.

Glad he put himself about today.  He was more physical, gave away some cheap fouls but all-in-all he showed good commitment today.

20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Comfortably our best striker, I'm sure he'd be the first to agree he had a bad spell but who doesn't?

I remember Kodjia getting loads if stuck on here during a bad spell......not long before we sold him for £18m 

I completely agree. He is our best striker and any City fan who thinks otherwise is delusional. We all know he’s no world beater but he can finish if we give him decent service. 

I like Taylor’s work rate but his goal ratio is appalling. And yet City diehards constantly sing that stupid song ‘Matty Taylor he’s a red’.

Well done Fammy.

11 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Give Fammy a supply of quality balls into the box and he will score goals in the Champ. Great result today, regained some confidence. Well done the team. 

He will if he moves and gets across markets

He had a wealth of quality balls to attack in Millwall game 

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It was £11m raising to £15m, other than that, he did get too much stick in his time here and Famara gets alot too.  Some of it was justified, some over the top.  Glad to see Famara slowly getting better, especially as he's the only player in the squad who hits the back of the net regulary.  Just wonder though if some of the criticism is because we know he's alot better than what he's shown in large parts this season.

Thought he had some nice control and touches today and a few glimpses he's getting it together now.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I've said it before, I love the bloke. 

Me too. 

He has some fantastic attributes. His heading can be immense, like the way he twisted himself almost inside and out on debut v Barnsley and another game I can't recall. His strength can be vital in holding the ball up and often getting a free-kick. His movement can be good.

Flipside, his control can be about as wonky as you can get, more times than not. Too often the ball comes in to him and he either immediately loses it or takes three or four touches trying to work a space and then still doesn't lay it off! He's also surprisingly knocked off the ball when you think he should be tougher to play against (maybe trying the old continental trick of looking for a free-kick). 

His inconsistency with his play can be maddening. His strike rate cannot be questioned. He's the perfect enigma. His enigmatic aura is perhaps what I love about him. Any better - a la le Kodge, le Tammy - and we know he'd be offski.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is pretty decent isn’t it.

The problem with Fam is that he’s not a target man, he’s not a back-to-goal striker....it’s just because he’s a big bloke, we think he should be.  I watched a fair bit of him (mainly clips, highlights) at SCO Angers, and he latched into balls played through, or spired the odd header.  He was never the out ball from defence.

Of course for a big bloke he does need to use his physique better, and I can see why he gets the criticism he gets... but I think he does deserve a bit of slack, because he’s not playing his natural game.

Glad he put himself about today.  He was more physical, gave away some cheap fouls but all-in-all he showed good commitment today.

We have the same issues with FD as LJ old man Gary had with Enoch Showunmi !  What exactly is he, and his style of play reminds me very much of good old Enoch. (think he is non league these days with Canvey island).  

My own take is I want to see him scoring goals doing well so we can get our money back and trade him for a better version.  We all have opinions, perhaps even getting another player to 'compliment' him.   

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

We have the same issues with FD as LJ old man Gary had with Enoch Showunmi !  What exactly is he, and his style of play reminds me very much of good old Enoch. (think he is non league these days with Canvey island).  

My own take is I want to see him scoring goals doing well so we can get our money back and trade him for a better version.  We all have opinions, perhaps even getting another player to 'compliment' him.   

Never saw Showunmi live, but I get what you’re saying.

I saw Fam as a championship version of Kevin Campbell when he joined.  I don’t think he’s done as well as last season, but let’s hope he keeps scoring.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Going against the flow still

He is our main goal threat

But still not a great fan - could be so much better if he put as much effort into challenges and his all round play as he does in his celebrations

Glad to hear it sounds like he put himself about more today 

I am not 100% it is a lack of effort but maybe a lack of IQ. As @Davefevs said when you watched highlights of him at Angers he wasn’t scoring a lot from crosses or playing with his back to goal. He does have poor touch which doesn’t help him but the runs in the box for crosses don’t seem a natural thing for him. He isn’t old however and hopefully he is getting that coaching. Think he is getting there. Scored another header today and has hit the bar 3-4 times this season with his head. There are signs of improvement but it being Bristol City and him being the by far record signing for us he will always have doubters. 

13 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Enoch told GJ he wanted to play alongside a big striker! Gary wondered whether Enoch had any mirrors in his house. ?

He may not li e in Knowle but he loves the support he gets from supporters! If this sounds obvious we have so. E saddos on this forum who you'd have to question if they understand football and what support really means. Someone (no surprises who) even suggests he has to move club to get good service 

Really...? 

Excellent, physical performance today from the man from Senegal repaying the faith Lee and the team have kept in him, Top Man, Fam

Archived