IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou - well done that man

reddogkev

today he was getting in front of his marker.twice gary owers said he had the defender pinned behind him so he couldn't get to the ball. ,last week and the time before,it was said on rb that he wasn't even trying to do that.hopefully that's his confidence coming back. also sounded like o dowda produced the first accurate cross from that corner for him to head in. still a lot to do up front but pleased Fammy got sweet revenge today

32 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

today he was getting in front of his marker.twice gary owers said he had the defender pinned behind him so he couldn't get to the ball. ,last week and the time before,it was said on rb that he wasn't even trying to do that.hopefully that's his confidence coming back. also sounded like o dowda produced the first accurate cross from that corner for him to head in. still a lot to do up front but pleased Fammy got sweet revenge today

I really enjoy listening to Gary Owers on BBCRB.  He talked so much sense without bias....and educates the listener.  I did catch the first 5 minutes today (rushing back from Keynsham Leisure Centre), and little things like Ed Hadwin saying we are playing 433, with GO saying it’s more like 4231 with the ball and 4141 without it, explaining it to us.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really enjoy listening to Gary Owers on BBCRB.  He talked so much sense without bias....and educates the listener.  I did catch the first 5 minutes today (rushing back from Keynsham Leisure Centre), and little things like Ed Hadwin saying we are playing 433, with GO saying it’s more like 4231 with the ball and 4141 without it, explaining it to us.

Yes, I've caught a few snippets of Gary Owers on the radio on my way home after games and thought how good he was.

When I pass on this news to my Torquay supporting mates they can't believe it, the difference in the team since Owers left and Gary arrived is enormous. I guess there's more to it than just talking about it

I probably should pitch in here as one of Fams critics.

In the post match interview, LJ said words to the effect of FD being “world class” when it came to movement across the defence. He might be, every now and again, but he isn’t every week, or even every other week. Millwall proved that.

The biggest thing I’ve seen is that when he’s motivated, and he’s “on”, he’s a different player. Look at his good games - he has something to prove. When he feels comfortable, he’s poorer. This might be a function of Fam not needing to try in view of our lack of options, but for me, he doesn’t hit that motivated level he can hit often enough.

Theres a player there. But it’s not enough for him to show it after he’s been dropped, or if he’s playing against a team who’ve wronged him. He needs the desire week in, week out. And if we get to Stoke on New Year’s Day and he’s done a run of performances with full effort and hence effectiveness, then I’d be delighted. As with @BobBobSuperBob though, my inkling is the next poor game is just around the corner. And if that’s due to work rate as it has been prior, Fam needs to seriously look at himself.

Not read all the replies to this thread so sorry if Im repeating what’s already been said... he only has doubters when he isn’t scoring... basically he doesn’t bring much else to the team except for scoring goals so when he’s doing his job (scoring) he’s untouchable....glad he’s scoring again and we’ll be happy with the 11-15million we will get from Villa for him in Jan ?

I’ve not been Fammy’s Greatest fan tbh. The comparison with the Showman is how I feel. When he’s p1553d off he is very handy. 

I also concur with the thought that we tend to go ‘direct’ with him in the side - and our best football last season was when he was unavailable. 

That having been said, genuine congratulations to him and well done from me - looking at the comments on here he put in a shift and it paid off. 

Please could someone who actually went to the game tell me - did he play very central today? By that I mean not wandering out wide or dropping deep. 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not a huge Fammy fan, but great to see him get the winner obviously - yet you say he ‘proves the doubters wrong as usual’ - ‘usually’ ?! Or rarely....

Anyway, fair play to him...

18 goals in 47 league appearances for us. 

Bobby Reid got 19 in 46 league appearances last season. 

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

If he gets to 15 goals this season ( and yes i think he will), hes our next £10m man for sale imo. 

Hes no world beater but 15+ as a striker in this league is worth £10m easily. 

If he ever goes for more than £10 mil, I seriously give up with football

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

If he gets to 15 goals this season ( and yes i think he will), hes our next £10m man for sale imo. 

Hes no world beater but 15+ as a striker in this league is worth £10m easily. 

Who you you think he is..? Matty Taylor..?! 

I think Fammy is quite a sensitive sole. The criticism and the cheering the other week when he was subbed must have really hurt him. Lets hope this is the start of him understanding that apart from getting the Pigs Bladder over the white line, he has to put in a shift as well. The old fashion goal hanger has long gone, and as a striker you have to do a lot more or you'll get slated unless you keep on scoring. I like Fammy but as others have said he can be bloody frustrating and should score a lot more! Fingers crossed he's got his mojo back now as no one else looks like scoring at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I think Fammy is quite a sensitive sole. The criticism and the cheering the other week when he was subbed must have really hurt him. Lets hope this is the start of him understanding that apart from getting the Pigs Bladder over the white line, he has to put in a shift as well. The old fashion goal hanger has long gone, and as a striker you have to do a lot more or you'll get slated unless you keep on scoring. I like Fammy but as others have said he can be bloody frustrating and should score a lot more! Fingers crossed he's got his mojo back now as no one else looks like scoring at the moment.

Absolutely spot on there

Hr loves to be , and I think sees himself as the hero goalscorer / matchwinner 

He certainly didn’t take the reaction when he was subbed against Preston too well 

Might go on a run now - he’s that sort of player

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Blimey - he had better grow a pair quick if that’s true. 

Getting criticised, sworn at, booed and slated on social media is part of what you should expect if you play any part at this club!

God help him if he ever became manager!!!!

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Getting criticised, sworn at, booed and slated on social media is part of what you should expect if you play any part at this club!

‘You’ve never criticised or ‘slated any City Player , ......ever

Wow

Where do we send the big shiny medal ?

and yes he does need to grow a pair ,

48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I probably should pitch in here as one of Fams critics.

In the post match interview, LJ said words to the effect of FD being “world class” when it came to movement across the defence. He might be, every now and again, but he isn’t every week, or even every other week. Millwall proved that.

The biggest thing I’ve seen is that when he’s motivated, and he’s “on”, he’s a different player. Look at his good games - he has something to prove. When he feels comfortable, he’s poorer. This might be a function of Fam not needing to try in view of our lack of options, but for me, he doesn’t hit that motivated level he can hit often enough.

Theres a player there. But it’s not enough for him to show it after he’s been dropped, or if he’s playing against a team who’ve wronged him. He needs the desire week in, week out. And if we get to Stoke on New Year’s Day and he’s done a run of performances with full effort and hence effectiveness, then I’d be delighted. As with @BobBobSuperBob though, my inkling is the next poor game is just around the corner. And if that’s due to work rate as it has been prior, Fam needs to seriously look at himself.

Forward play has become multi faceted. Being determined, focussed and prepared to work for the team are traits of modern great forwards. These are qualities the player in question frequently lacks and without them and with obvious technical limitations the teams potential tactically is limited.

Unless there is a significant improvement in his mind set .. Move him on at the end of the season.

I'm really happy we won and love that Fam scored as he really does enjoy it - and being against Birmingham would have made it that much sweeter for him.

However, every time he scores (but has played quite average) there seems to be a number of posters saying that because people have been critical of him, that he's answered them and said critics should pipe down.

I don't think anyone is criticising his goalscoring record. IMO it's his overall game and the fact he could do a lot more that frustrates people.

30 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve not been Fammy’s Greatest fan tbh. The comparison with the Showman is how I feel. When he’s p1553d off he is very handy. 

I also concur with the thought that we tend to go ‘direct’ with him in the side - and our best football last season was when he was unavailable. 

That having been said, genuine congratulations to him and well done from me - looking at the comments on here he put in a shift and it paid off. 

Please could someone who actually went to the game tell me - did he play very central today? By that I mean not wandering out wide or dropping deep. 

I watched him closely today and he was more central in open play, but as expected would drift over to the wings when we had throws in. I don't recall him dropping deep, which hopefully was a LJ instruction as I don't think he offers much when he does.

I thought he could have done more today when our back three of Pack, Webster and Kalas had possession. There were times when our midfield had very little space to receive the ball and he should have been demanding the ball into feet. This is an area he needs to work on if we plan on playing one striker up top. We need the option of a quick 30 yard pass drilled into his feet that he can control and then bring players into the game. Far to many times there wasn't this type of pass on and we tried to force it wide with a number of passes hit into touch.

On the plus side he looked a lot stronger today. Shielded the ball well at times and also won a number of free kicks that took the pressure off.

6/10 today, maybe 7 because of his goal...but not world class.

41 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Simple Q as you’ve ducked the last one

For all your slaying of other posters and the forum.......

Always been behind Lee Johnson yourself have you ?

59 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Simple Q as you’ve ducked the last one

For all your slaying of other posters and the forum.......

Always been behind Lee Johnson yourself have you ?

No

direct enough for you?

i wanted him gone when he led us on that record-breaking run of defeats. 

I was also underwhelmed at his appointment in the first place. 

Im also not happy with the current performances  

but we are MID TABLE and closer to the playoffs than the drop - which is ok for me 

satisfied?

Ok you’ve got my attention.

I hardly go around ‘slaying’ anyone. There are plenty of decent posters on here. I participate in a debate on a forum that’s all and I admit I get irritated by the constant ‘LJ Out’ or ‘LJ In’ threads; how many are there - about 3 per week? I have never directly attacked anyone as far as I can remember - if I have then please post the evidence by reply so that I can apologise  

for some reason you seem to take exception to my posts - which is fine - you are entitled to your opinions - as am I. 

I haven’t ducked any questions - I just had a dog to take out for a walk and a sick wife to deal with. What was it? Have I ever criticised players? Yes. Kilkenny annoyed the hell out of me - and Maynard when he wouldn’t sign - and recently I was berated for suggesting that COD should take a back seat if he won’t sign an extension  Magnússon also annoyed me - giving the ball away a lot - and Diony. I’ve also admitted to not being Fammys greatest fan. I could go back to Fitzpatrick and others during the 1980s who I didn’t rate. I was also suspicious that Hartley might have been a ‘bad apple’ in the dresssing room during the GJ era - like it seems like Tomlin was more recently. I wanted Cotts gone when we were in the drop zone and I didn’t rate Delboy or SoD. I just didn’t feel the need to write post after post slating them or calling them names - or hanging banners from motorway bridges - or creating Facebook campaigns entitled ‘Sack the Midget’. To me that behaviour is Neanderthal - and also counterproductive - it just makes people feel worse when they are slated in that manner - hardly likely to knuckle down and try harder - more likely to dread the next time they put on the shirt or take to the dugout in front of the people that hate them so much. 

i don’t post on here much after a defeat because the negativity and anti-LJ threads depress me. 

I hope I’ve answered your questions in an acceptable manner. 

16 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

No

direct enough for you?

i wanted him gone when he led us on that record-breaking run of defeats. 

I was also underwhelmed at his appointment in the first place. 

Im also not happy with the current performances  

but we are MID TABLE - which is ok for me 

satisfied?

Ok you’ve got my attention.

I hardly go around ‘slaying’ anyone. There are plenty of decent posters on here. I participate in a debate on a forum that’s all and I admit I get irritated by the constant ‘LJ Out’ or ‘LJ In’ threads; how many are there - about 3 per week? I have never directly attacked anyone as far as I can remember - if I have then please post the evidence by reply so that I can apologise  

for some reason you seem to take exception to my posts - which is fine - you are entitled to your opinions - as am I. 

I haven’t ducked any questions - I just had a dog to take out for a walk and a sick wife to deal with. What was it? Have I ever criticised players? Yes. Kilkenny annoyed the hell out of me - and Maynard when he wouldn’t sign - and recently I was berated for suggesting that COD should take a back seat if he won’t sign an extension  Magnússon also annoyed me - giving the ball away a lot - and Diony. I’ve also admitted to not being Fammys greatest fan. I wanted Cotts gone when we were in the drop zone and I didn’t rate Delboy or SoD. I just didn’t feel the need to write post after post slating them or calling them names - or hanging banners from motorway bridges - or creating Facebook campaigns entitled ‘Sack the Midget’. To me that behaviour is Neanderthal - and also counterproductive - it just makes people feel worse when they are slated in that manner - hardly likely to knuckle down and try harder - more likely to dread the next time they put on the shirt or take to the dugout in front of the people that hate them so much. 

i don’t post on here much after a defeat because the negativity and anti-LJ threads depress me. 

I hope I’ve answered your questions in an acceptable manner. 

That’s fine , but to be constantly critical with pathetic jibes , at those questioning, or criticising  players or the Head Coach is.....as you’ve demonstrated ....... Hypocritical

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

18 goals in 47 league appearances for us. 

Bobby Reid got 19 in 46 league appearances last season. 

And? So? It’s actually 18 goals in 48 league appearances for Fammy ...but not sure what your point is? I wasn’t talking about his scoring record....and as you seemed to want to bring Bobby Reid into this...I think Bobby offered our team so much more than just goals....his boundless energy, his link up play, his non stop movement - everything Fammy doesn’t offer really, but you decided to compare him to Bobby.....

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s fine , but to be constantly critical with pathetic jibes , at those questioning, or criticising  players or the Head Coach is.....as you’ve demonstrated ....... Hypocritical

i criticise sensibly and in a measured way and will continue to do so. 

When in a couple of days time there is yet another boring, same old same old LJ Out thread I will probably post a jibe on it - if you don’t like it that’s absolutely fine - you are completely within your rights not to like it and I will support your right as a proud individual not to like it 100%. 

I even support your right to post an egg-plant reaction to everything I say. 

Friends now?

10 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Dont listen to this clown, he blatantly has an agenda about Johnson!!

Utter rubbish again Kr. No substance or proof. Some people DO have opinions that differ to yours and are more than welcome to have them, as are people that hold differing views. Unlike your self, most are more than happy to discuss those views whereas you just get personal.

Go to bed eh! 

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Utter rubbish again Kr. No substance or proof. Some people DO have opinions that differ to yours and are ore than welcome to have them. Unlike your self, most are more than happy to discuss those views whereas you just get personal.

Go to bed eh! 

Nothing personal at all. I'm a very positive person in life and if you spoke to my mates they will tell you the same!! I've had a gutsful of listening to negative idiots on this so called fans forum!! We are mid table in the championship. Is that bad? We have won 5 away games in a tough tough league on a limited budget. Johnson is doing a top job and if city fans can't see that don't bother going again!! 

8 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Nothing personal at all. I'm a very positive person in life and if you let me or my mates they will tell you the same!! I've had a gutsful of listening to negative idiots on this so called fans forum!! We are mid table in the championship. Is that bad? We have won 5 away games in a tough tough league on a limited budget. Johnson is doing a top job and if city fans can't see that don't bother going again!! 

No he's not, it's utter rubbish and boring as hell! Spending the most money ANY manager  / head coach has ever had to serve up this dirge is not acceptable.

If you enjoy this crap, knock yourself out. I, like many others think a decent coach, given the resources offered to Johnson would have done better. I don't see anything wrong with that opinion to be fair.

As for 'don't bother going again'? That doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever to a bloke that's been watching City home and away for 47 seasons (Bob) and 44 (myself). You totally negate your opinion with shite like that.

Just listen to yourself FFS!

I'm off to bed, nighty night.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

No he's not, it's utter rubbish and boring as hell! Spending the most money ANY manager  / head coach has ever had to serve up this dirge is not acceptable.

If you enjoy this crap, knock yourself out. I, like many others think a decent coach, given the resources offered to Johnson would have done better. I don't see anything wrong with that opinion to be fair.

As for 'don't bother going again'? That doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever to a bloke that's been watching City home and away for 47 seasons (Bob) and 44 (myself). You totally negate your opinion with shite like that.

Just listen to yourself FFS!

The most money ever? ? Yeah it's all relative you nause!, Johnson made a ten million pound player, that before he came was worth ten thousand pound .. Johnson is well repected by alot of  coaches/ managers in this league. Maybe you and Bob are behind the times and not in touch with the current game!!??? If city are patient with Johnson we will go to the top!! But unfortunately city fans are not patient, just hungry for instant success!! 

Archived