IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou - well done that man

reddogkev

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

a sensitive sole

He's been playing like a bit of a lemon so ...

Yesterday he played like a British Centre forward, stood up , worked hard, agressive and it paid off. 

In France a player can get easy free kicks for going down but here officials see his big frame and assume he's faking the foul.

Hopefully the penny's dropped.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And? So? It’s actually 18 goals in 48 league appearances for Fammy ...but not sure what your point is? I wasn’t talking about his scoring record....and as you seemed to want to bring Bobby Reid into this...I think Bobby offered our team so much more than just goals....his boundless energy, his link up play, his non stop movement - everything Fammy doesn’t offer really, but you decided to compare him to Bobby.....

Not sure why you are getting so touchy..? I compared his goal return to Bobby because he was out top scorer and £10million sale last season. 

I agree that Boody had a far better all round game and we miss his energy. I had hoped Wiemann had adequately replaced this, after his outstanding start for us, but obviously he’s not maintained those levels. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He's been playing like a bit of a lemon so ...

Yesterday he played like a British Centre forward, stood up , worked hard, agressive and it paid off. 

In France a player can get easy free kicks for going down but here officials see his big frame and assume he's faking the foul.

Hopefully the penny's dropped.

I just hope it wasn’t (understandably) a response to spitgate Major

In addition , Maybe just me , but pointing at his head and ears also looked  a response to criticism

I think the point you raise about French football May well be relevant , he goes down so easily and regularly sits on his azz looking bemused when referees wave play on , astounded he’s not been given a feee kick

Thats understandable initially, but he’s been here long enough now to realise that he won’t get the same response from referees here if he goes over / down easily

He could , and should be, a real handful in addition to goals

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I just hope it wasn’t (understandably) a response to spitgate Major

In addition , Maybe just me , but pointing at his head and ears also looked  a response to criticism

I think the point you raise about French football May well be relevant , he goes down so easily and regularly sits on his azz looking bemused when referees wave play on , astounded he’s not been given a feee kick

Thats understandable initially, but he’s been here long enough now to realise that he won’t get the same response from referees here if he goes over / down easily

He could , and should be, a real handful in addition to goals

I certainly think he was in part reacting to the stick he has had, though the away fans are less likely to be the kind who give him abuse I would think.

Personally I'm all for players giving a bit back occasionally, though the kind of people who do things like cheer when he is substituted would probably disagree.

Just now, chinapig said:

I certainly think he was in part reacting to the stick he has had, though the away fans are less likely to be the kind who give him abuse I would think.

Personally I'm all for players giving a bit back occasionally, though the kind of people who do things like cheer when he is substituted would probably disagree.

Agree

The next few games will be interesting , I have a hunch that he may have taken it a lot deeper but let’s hope he responds in a positive way and continues with what sounds like, some more aggression   

I was surprised that he appeared to hold off Dean with relative ease for his goal and plant a simple header away

But am I right in thinking both had been booked earlier in the game for a spat ?

Come our corner , in pen box , Dean already on a 6ellow and ref almost certainly with his eye on them ....

Dean was a bit hamstrung really in terms of being able to use physicality.......

shame........

The bookings and then the goal all linked in reality , slow burner  biteback for Dean and Davies

8 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

i criticise sensibly and in a measured way and will continue to do so. 

When in a couple of days time there is yet another boring, same old same old LJ Out thread I will probably post a jibe on it - if you don’t like it that’s absolutely fine - you are completely within your rights not to like it and I will support your right as a proud individual not to like it 100%. 

I even support your right to post an egg-plant reaction to everything I say. 

Friends now?

How many times?

AUBERGINE ?‍♂️

(I wonder what kind of "reaction" I'm likely to get to this post? ?)

What always confuses me about Fammy is when he’s defending a corner for us, no one knocks him down or barges him off the ball. Now when attacking he seems to drop to his arse at the faintest touch. 

So maybe Major, has a valid point about the French leagues, but equally so it don’t take a Einstein to work out it don’t happen in this league. If he’s not worked it out yet, hopefully watching Adams yesterday the penny might drop. 

This season  to me, he’s on fire coming off the bench then lazy the next game when starting. Hopefully starting yesterday wasn’t just a revenge game against Brum but a recharged Fammy. 

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was surprised that he appeared to hold off Dean with relative ease for his goal and plant a simple header away

In the circumstances you could not have asked for a better way to score than running straight through Harlee Dean.

1832255661_Screenshot2018-12-09at10_45_04.thumb.png.92a536c93d49f1e3cb6ed82ab89cb082.png

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure why you are getting so touchy..? I compared his goal return to Bobby because he was out top scorer and £10million sale last season. 

I agree that Boody had a far better all round game and we miss his energy. I had hoped Wiemann had adequately replaced this, after his outstanding start for us, but obviously he’s not maintained those levels. 

Yep, I had high hopes for Weimann too, he’s  always looked an energetic player with a lot to offer, especially at Villa...and with his premier league experience I thought we’d got a good one...still early days though and I think he’s feeling under a bit of pressure to deliver goals on a regular basis as we lost Bobby and Fammy is hardly prolific...Weimann linked up really well with Pack in the early season games, which led to goals, that seems to have dwindled a bit....

Was that an angry celebration we saw yesterday btw?

If so, who or what do you think it was about mostly?

I'm thinking partly it being against Birmingham (for obvious reasons) and partly the criticism he's been getting.

Whatever the reason, great to see the passion. Well done, Famara

I genuinely think he's a good guy.

45 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Was that an angry celebration we saw yesterday btw?

If so, who or what do you think it was about mostly?

I'm thinking partly it being against Birmingham (for obvious reasons) and partly the criticism he's been getting.

Whatever the reason, great to see the passion. Well done, Famara

I genuinely think he's a good guy.

I think it was more relief and sheer joy, than anger. 

He wasn’t making any gestures of any sort, other than pure celebratory ones. 

I’m sure he’s been feeling pressure and knows that apart from Ipswich, he’s not been doing to well recently, so I think he probably enjoyed this one a lot. Plus Vs Birmingham. 

10 hours ago, keynshamred said:

The most money ever? ? Yeah it's all relative you nause!, Johnson made a ten million pound player, that before he came was worth ten thousand pound .. Johnson is well repected by alot of  coaches/ managers in this league. Maybe you and Bob are behind the times and not in touch with the current game!!??? If city are patient with Johnson we will go to the top!! But unfortunately city fans are not patient, just hungry for instant success!! 

What a delightful chap you are, NOT! Name calling on an adult forum? Well done, you're the first person I have ever put on ignore. I was actually trying to save you from further embarrassment. 

The rest of your post is total guess work. You don't know he's 'respected by a lot of coaches' at all, just read it somewhere I should think.

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

When he’s fit Matty Taylor has to start next to him . Drop the ineffective Weimann 

If we are relying Taylor we are struggling, I'd give Eisa a run just to see what we have there. Our choices are a bit limited really. Just hope Fam can step up and put a run together.

On 08/12/2018 at 19:21, GasDestroyer said:

Give Fammy a supply of quality balls into the box and he will score goals in the Champ. Great result today, regained some confidence. Well done the team. 

Agreed.

Think in the right shape (we're getting there but not yet) O'Dowda and Eliasson right and left pushed high in a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 could really help.

Needs to take the attitude of the last 2 away games in, against Millwall however I thought he was pretty lazy- 2nd half especially one moment where he charged down their fullback aside.

21 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Forward play has become multi faceted. Being determined, focussed and prepared to work for the team are traits of modern great forwards. These are qualities the player in question frequently lacks and without them and with obvious technical limitations the teams potential tactically is limited.

Unless there is a significant improvement in his mind set .. Move him on at the end of the season.

I'm unsure what to make of him really.

Sometimes you get real standout moments- think his brilliantly angled header v QPR, his excellent one v Hull, took his goals v Blackburn and WBA nicely. Also remember (a random example I know) an excellent cross field ball v Sheffield Wednesday early on aand charging down a Millwall defender to win a throw in 2nd half on Sunday.

Then again his general lack of application and effort in the 2nd half- either lacks stamina in a big way or he didn't fancy the physical battle.

There were some potential back passes though in that 2nd half which though unlikely, he should have put himself into more- that's just one aspect of his display I was disappointed with in that game.

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If we are relying Taylor we are struggling, I'd give Eisa a run just to see what we have there. Our choices are a bit limited really. Just hope Fam can step up and put a run together.

Taylor provides only the "niggle factor" but not goals in the required quantity.

If we really want to "develop" another striker, we should play one from three alongside Diedhiou.

The three are Eisa, Semenyo and Janneh.

Archived