IGNORED

Papering over the cracks part 2

old_eastender

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I doubt your pasting table could take the strain, they`re flimsy at the best of times.

You don't paste the paper these days, so won't need the pasting tale - just apply straight up on  the wall! 

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why not give us your “intellect” on City’s performances of late and Johnson’s then.  Go and enter the debate and make us poster look like *****s.

Fwiw, I find Bob’s footballing posts very insightful.  

Me and Spudski have disagreed more than ever this week, but you don’t have to fall out over it.

You also don’t have to think LJ is the best thing since sliced bread to want City to win.

Why not give us your “intellect” on City’s performances of late and Johnson’s then.  Go and enter the debate and make us poster look like *****s.

Fwiw, I find Bob’s footballing posts very insightful.  

Me and Spudski have disagreed more than ever this week, but you don’t have to fall out over it.

You also don’t have to think LJ is the best thing since sliced bread to want City to win.

It was bad enough you fawning over Bob's posts once, but to have to read that sort of thing twice...well leave it out...get a room xxx?‍❤️‍?

Lee Johnson will always split opinion regardless of performance or results, that is human nature. The Johnson out/in debate swings one way or the other with each result. In this country we have the luxury of free speech which is somethingto cherish, but getting verbally aggressive on a forum is out of order.

As I've said in other topics I am 100% behind LJ at the moment, but that isn't to say I think he's 100% right all the time. I do get frustrated by the constant movement of the (proverbial) goal posts. The back end of last season people complained our football was feast or famine and we didn't know how to scrape a win. This season we are winning through luck. I'd love to see us play like Peps Barcelona but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. To me the first thing is to win or draw more than you lose the performance is secondary. Those who will point to the first half of last season need to remember Bobby Reid was the catalyst of our closing down from the front. 

As fans we want to see our club improve (regardless of views on LJ) and we are a work in progress but so is Lee Johnson. It's easy to forget he's only in his late 30's. Yes he's lucky having Steve Lansdown as his boss, something that undoubtedly saved him when we went on that horrendous losing run a couple of years back. But the same could be said of Alan Dicks and the support he got from Harry Dolman.

Personal abuse of Lee Johnson is bad, but it could be said he's in the limelight. Abuse of fellow fan's make us appear like a Tory party Brexit debate. After a weekend when racial abuse of Raheem Sterling hit the headlines isn't it time we tried to cut abuse from the game regardless of who it's aimed at?

Archived