IGNORED

Papering over the cracks part 2

old_eastender

It was a good result in a poor game. Neither side played much eye pleasing football and apart from Famy getting across his marker to score an excellent header, we didn't create much. But we were well organized defensively. Reading the Brum forum quite a few made comments about a dreadful game played in dreadful conditions. Obviously watching an internet stream doesn't give you a sense of the weather conditions. So taking that into account, pretty passing football was unlikely. I guess we coped better and secured  a well deserved win.

In fairness when I look at the table we are probably where we should be.  Based on reputation there’s only a few clubs I’d expect us to be above and equally of the clubs below us I’m not surprised we are above any of them.  It’s not all about league position though.  It’s about faith that we are genuinely moving in the right direction and that the club genuinely has ambition to challenge at the top end of the table.  I want to start enjoying going to the Gate again, see attacking, entertaining football where I leave with a smile on my face.  I don’t want the regular long winless streaks, debatable team tactics, lottery style team selection and zero shots on target.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Why do people always say we have a low budget.  A few teams with parachute payments maybe.  

But teams we have a bigger budget  and income from crowds than Brentford ,Rotherham , millwall hull , Preston ,Wigan  

then there are clubs in financial troubles or not far off.   Bolton   Hull , sheff weds ? Qpr   

The club one minute say we’re aiming for the prem   And the next say we can’t compete  despite being renowned good payers  , and having landsdown a rich man bankrolling the club   

Because Kivs they can’t see the ******* wood for the trees... Honestly you can’t have it bloody both ways, what are we Rich or poor!? We’re a lot richer than we are poorer put it that way!

I think a few scabby wins are what comes first; then, with that behind them, the performances. Expecting both at this point is nit-picking, and not the priority.

Leaders Norwich at home on a Saturday under the lights after an away win is perfect for us to create a bit of atmosphere and support, and for the team to play with tempo and a bit of fire in the belly. Nothing to lose, lots to gain.

Old Eastender is right. 

Lee Johnson will never get us promoted....he's not got the skill or guile to do it and he has been given more than enough time.

Under Lee we are bound to scrape a few wins with a few defeats from mediocre performances, usually due to luck rather than skiful management.

This will result in mid table treading water which I know some City fans will be happy with but many of us want more.

If we look at Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield and similar before them, then we should have higher aspirations than mid table Championship.

Lee will be fine as a lower league manager but he isnt going to do it for us.

It will really need a proper manager to take us up to the next level. 

Begrudgingly, I am resigned to the fact that he is not going to go so until he does I will continue to look with envy at those poxy little clubs enjoying the limelight in the Prem.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interestingly ( And I rarely check possession facts) at the forum LJ claimed that Hull ? Was the only game this season that we won whilst having more possession than the opps ( I don’t know whether this is true or not but someone will)

Here he is, Mr negative clueless clown, that constantly is negative about Lee johnson and Lansdown. Are you willing to give some praise? The one that calls me the new Messiah. I've seen your posts. You do realise you have got young kids agreeing with u you yeah? You talk So much shit its hilarious. Negative shit. How's your Johnson out fan club going? ? ? ? Aint happening you ****!!! 

17 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Here he is, Mr negative clueless clown, that constantly is negative about Lee johnson and Lansdown. Are you willing to give some praise? The one that calls me the new Messiah. I've seen your posts. You do realise you have got young kids agreeing with u you yeah? You talk So much shit its hilarious. Negative shit. How's your Johnson out fan club going? ? ? ? Aint happening you ****!!! 

I remember when my parents let me have my first shandy too , 

Shame they didn’t let you have a packet of monster munch to soak up the alcohol

Congratulations 

Keyboard spouting muppet

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I remember when my parents let me have my first shandy too , 

Shame they didn’t let you have a packet of monster munch to soak up the alcohol

Congratulations 

Keyboard spouting muppet

I could go face to face with you, debating about  city and Johnson and make you look like a *****!! You are one of the biggest keyboard warriors I've ever seen on hear!!!

21 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

'Kinell Kr, you spout some shit son! Why can't Bob and myself for that matter have an opinion different to yours?

Grow the **** up eh! The whole idea of a forum is for people to discuss their differing opinions. Just abusing well established posters is the sign of a bit of a cock TBH.

Thanks for reading 'Messiah'! ?

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

How you getting on in getting Johnson out? You need to set up a group to have him out. 7/9 isn't helping your cause!! Bet your gutted about today!! 

You're a bit of a belter aren't you Kr? Why have constant pops at Bob for holding a view different to yours? Yes, 7/9 is pretty decent but 0/24 earlier and the dire football entertainment says Bob is correct. It's already been stated that the current disdain is NOT ABOUT RESULTS (in capitals as you can't understand), it's about the entertainment and totally dire football under Johnson and the constant ability to go on losing runs without the ability to curtail them. 

People hold different views, get used to it and leave Bob alone.

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You're a bit of a belter aren't you Kr? Why have constant pops at Bob for holding a view different to yours? Yes, 7/9 is pretty decent but 0/24 earlier and the dire football entertainment says Bob is correct. It's already been stated that the current disdain is NOT ABOUT RESULTS (in capitals as you can't understand), it's about the entertainment and totally dire football under Johnson and the constant ability to go on losing runs without the ability to curtail them. 

People hold different views, get used to it and leave Bob alone.

This bloke Bob is the belter!! Blatantly a Johnson/Lansdown hater. Both city fans and human beings doing an amazing job for our football club!! Lansdown, every year bails us out of debt keeping this club afloat. That is a fact I may add!! Johnson junior and senior are currently our best managers in the last 30 years. Fact again!! The nearest we've come to the prem and now an established champ club.fact again!! You negative so called supporters can go on all you want, but Johnson ain't going no where and I can't wait until he takes us to the prem and shuts you tossers up!!!!! 

1 hour ago, keynshamred said:

This bloke Bob is the belter!! Blatantly a Johnson/Lansdown hater. Both city fans and human beings doing an amazing job for our football club!! Lansdown, every year bails us out of debt keeping this club afloat. That is a fact I may add!! Johnson junior and senior are currently our best managers in the last 30 years. Fact again!! The nearest we've come to the prem and now an established champ club.fact again!! You negative so called supporters can go on all you want, but Johnson ain't going no where and I can't wait until he takes us to the prem and shuts you tossers up!!!!! 

I’ve always been taught that the more exclamation marks you use the lower your IQ.

Aparrently that was correct.

I've criticised LJ and a team a bit this season so credit where is due- an excellent result and first half dominated the ball. Good stuff.

Is there much to do? Absolutely. This however, is something good to build on- now looking forward to Norwich a bit more, under the lights on Sky, they'll be 2nd at worst and a team who will come to play as opposed to Millwall especially and to varying degrees Stoke, Hull and Preston.

Ideally when all fit, I'd consider Walsh, Pack, Brownhill in a 3 with O'Dowda, Eliasson as the wide men pushed high and Diedhiou hopefully with fire in the belly leading the line...bench strength of Smith, Paterson, Weimann, Taylor- and for more specific reasons Hegeler and Watkins- that could look alright tbh.

15 hours ago, keynshamred said:

I could go face to face with you, debating about  city and Johnson and make you look like a *****!! You are one of the biggest keyboard warriors I've ever seen on hear!!!

Why not give us your “intellect” on City’s performances of late and Johnson’s then.  Go and enter the debate and make us poster look like *****s.

Fwiw, I find Bob’s footballing posts very insightful.  

Me and Spudski have disagreed more than ever this week, but you don’t have to fall out over it.

You also don’t have to think LJ is the best thing since sliced bread to want City to win.

15 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Why not give us your “intellect” on City’s performances of late and Johnson’s then.  Go and enter the debate and make us poster look like *****s.

Me and Spudski have disagreed more than ever this week, but you don’t have to fall out over it.

You also don’t have to think LJ is the best thing since sliced bread to want City to win.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ideally when all fit, I'd consider Walsh, Pack, Brownhill in a 3 with O'Dowda, Eliasson as the wide men pushed high and Diedhiou hopefully with fire in the belly leading the line...bench strength of Smith, Paterson, Weimann, Taylor- and for more specific reasons Hegeler and Watkins- that could look alright tbh.

If LJ played 433 more often I think we would see more attacking football and goals. His reluctance to do so is one of the reasons I've doubted him.

Adelakun and Eisa were two more that looked on paper to be options for a front three. However he seems to have no faith in either at the moment. Adelakun had one start then disappeared. Not sure if he's injured again?

14 hours ago, keynshamred said:

This bloke Bob is the belter!! Blatantly a Johnson/Lansdown hater. Both city fans and human beings doing an amazing job for our football club!! Lansdown, every year bails us out of debt keeping this club afloat. That is a fact I may add!!

That Steve is bailing us out, and we owe him a massive vote of thanks IS a fact, you are right. I , and many others might dispute that Johnson is doing a amazing job though. A massive upturn in fortune may change that, I'm not holding my breath though .
Johnson junior and senior are currently our best managers in the last 30 years. Fact again!! The nearest we've come to the prem and now an established champ club.fact again!!
Can't argue with the first part , I still wouldn't consider us established just yet. We are still far to prone to bad runs, and and poor form to feel relaxed at this level.

You negative so called supporters can go on all you want, but Johnson ain't going no where and I can't wait until he takes us to the prem and shuts you tossers up!!!!! 

I don't get this sort of ridiculous statement, people who spend hundreds/thousands on watching and following City aren't real supporters? Why is this? because they don't blindly bow to the (not so) all conquering LJ ? There are many different views, about the club/our form/ the manager and they won't all agree. For me Johnson isn't going to take us anywhere , that said,  I and just about everyone else (LJ doubters and haters and non plussed ) would love to be proved wrong as it would mean City were doing well. That is why we go and watch them and why people get annoyed when we play poorly and hit a bad run , it's because we all care about the club.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've criticised LJ and a team a bit this season so credit where is due- an excellent result and first half dominated the ball. Good stuff.

Is there much to do? Absolutely. This however, is something good to build on- now looking forward to Norwich a bit more, under the lights on Sky, they'll be 2nd at worst and a team who will come to play as opposed to Millwall especially and to varying degrees Stoke, Hull and Preston.

I've been banging on about this for ages, and with Eliasson and ODowda allowed to express themselves a bit more we might get our attacking mojo back. I see Pack as holding and , hopefully , Walsh and Brownhill making forward runs I can really see this working. 

58 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've been banging on about this for ages, and with Eliasson and ODowda allowed to express themselves a bit more we might get our attacking mojo back. I see Pack as holding and , hopefully , Walsh and Brownhill making forward runs I can really see this working. 

It makes it so much more annoying that Liam got injured when he did. We were just starting to look like we had more attacking options in midfield and then he`s out for weeks. He was key to us being able to play a `different` midfield formation with more attacking intent IMO.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well said Davefevs. It would be a very strange world if all of us and even all the other animals, were all of the same opinion. If we had a poll of all City fans, about 50,000 of them aren't there, we can't get agreement on the club badge let alone who should be in the team.

This forum is just like the newsagents queue on a Saturday evening for the Green Un and Pink Un. We couldn't agree on anything. Did we fall out? No, we actually looked forward to it. 

So everyone keep on arguing, disagreeing but remember why we use this forum. Because there is only One Team In Bristol and we are all supporters with differing views on all subjects.

Archived