IGNORED

Birmingham forum

joe jordans teeth

Well apart from his saying they should have won (they shouldn’t have) looks ok. The pen claim down our end was not one bit harder to comment on the ones down the other end. 

We now look solid at the back and have done for most of season. Where we have issue is shots on target and working the keeper. 

The ref was not good, most of the times he was on our side, dont get me wrong. Many games Ive seen the ref has not been good.One pen they could have, but their man had a yellow in another pen situation. Remember Blackburn home, we were 1-0 down. The ref was giving frekicks to Blackburn all the time in first half. At the end of fh he gave us a frekick, who wasnt. Brownhill scored and 1-1 ht. All and all yesterday think we were good in defence and we fight very good. A win is a win.

I'll bet none of them agree with me when I say that they were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch by the end. I was surprised they only had 4 bookings considering their cynical fouls in the last 20 minutes, and Adams diving again after he had already been booked for the same offence.

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'll bet none of them agree with me when I say that they were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch by the end. I was surprised they only had 4 bookings considering their cynical fouls in the last 20 minutes, and Adams diving again after he had already been booked for the same offence.

Agree, but Refs don't seem to want to give the second yellow for diving, it does happen but far more often it doesn't and they try and play on. Watching the highlights I didn't think any were Pens, they did on the review program though. 

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agree, but Refs don't seem to want to give the second yellow for diving, it does happen but far more often it doesn't and they try and play on. Watching the highlights I didn't think any were Pens, they did on the review program though. 

I didn`t think any of them were despite what they said about the Maghoma one. Perhaps if he hadn`t thrown himself up in the air with his arms waving about like an idiot he might have got it. I doubt we would have had one given in the same circumstances though.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I didn`t think any of them were despite what they said about the Maghoma one. Perhaps if he hadn`t thrown himself up in the air with his arms waving about like an idiot he might have got it. I doubt we would have had one given in the same circumstances though.

Maghoma - I think he caught his own ankle, and there was minimal impact, despite what was said on Quest.  No pen.

Adams 1 - Defo dive, tried to throw his foot at Pack.  Rightly booked.  No pen.

Adams 2 - pulling Webster’s shirt before tugged. Free-kick to us.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maghoma - I think he caught his own ankle, and there was minimal impact, despite what was said on Quest.  No pen.

Adams 1 - Defo dive, tried to throw his foot at Pack.  Rightly booked.  No pen.

Adams 2 - pulling Webster’s shirt before tugged. Free-kick to us.

The worrying thing at the time was law of averages, appeal enough time and you feel the Ref will break eventually. Would have loved Adams to have been given a red, the only way you stop the theatricals.

Comparing their forum with ours shows a complete difference in mentality.

On theirs, many posted "OK we lost, but on to the next game".

On ours, despite winning away, some people are moaning about the ,manager, the style of play, some of the players etc.

I've now looked at the ITFC Forum and some (but obviously not all) of their fans are still positive.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/448382/the-great-escape-starts-on-saturday!/#13               On saturday Wigan comes to visit PR. A Wigan that are very week away. This ofcourse puts extended preasure on us to go out and win a win-able game, at the same time they probably see this as a win-able game too, which might work in our favour. I see a turn in fortunes for us. We will win on saturday, which will lift the spirit a fair bit, and that will help us in the next few games. 

None of theirs were penalties, as fevs says Maghoma was probably the best shout but that would have been harsh to give. Adams was ridiculous, no interest in getting the ball under control but wanted to just hit the ground and the ref saw through it. Funny not counting our shot cleared off the line though, best chance of the game apart from our goal given their one off the post counts as off target.

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

On ours, despite winning away, some people are moaning about the ,manager, the style of play, some of the players etc.

I've now looked at the ITFC Forum and some (but obviously not all) of their fans are still positive.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/448382/the-great-escape-starts-on-saturday!/#13               On saturday Wigan comes to visit PR. A Wigan that are very week away. This ofcourse puts extended preasure on us to go out and win a win-able game, at the same time they probably see this as a win-able game too, which might work in our favour. I see a turn in fortunes for us. We will win on saturday, which will lift the spirit a fair bit, and that will help us in the next few games. 

Birmingham are a bigger club than us, more fans, only just above us in the table and lost at home to a team below them.

Contrast the measured response on their forum to the characters on here is an embarrassment to our fanbase.

58 minutes ago, 22A said:

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Birmingham are a bigger club than us, more fans, only just above us in the table and lost at home to a team below them.

Contrast the measured response on their forum to the characters on here is an embarrassment to our fanbase.

Ah, but they are only amateurs at this forum malarky.

Reading our forum, I sometimes get the impression that we could go unbeaten from Christmas, playing great football and scoring loads of goals, go into the last game of the season with a chance of automatic promotion and when the team for that last game is announced, someone will post " ffs , what will it take for Johnson to drop his mate Patterson?".

BIB - I usually wake up shortly after thinking this!  :)

11 hours ago, downendcity said:

Ah, but they are only amateurs at this forum malarky.

Reading our forum, I sometimes get the impression that we could go unbeaten from Christmas, playing great football and scoring loads of goals, go into the last game of the season with a chance of automatic promotion and when the team for that last game is announced, someone will post " ffs , what will it take for Johnson to drop his mate Patterson?".

BIB - I usually wake up shortly after thinking this!  :)

It's not far from the truth DC, when the blue few accuse us of being arrogant and "thinking we are a big club", I think it is this they are referring too. It's not direct arrogance, it's insidious, it's the "10th, 11th, 12th, place in the Championship, is not good enough", "why are we not buying so and so", type statements that suggest that some of our fans think we are bigger than we actually are.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's not far from the truth DC, when the blue few accuse us of being arrogant and "thinking we are a big club", I think it is this they are referring too. It's not direct arrogance, it's insidious, it's the "10th, 11th, 12th, place in the Championship, is not good enough", "why are we not buying so and so", type statements that suggest that some of our fans think we are bigger than we actually are.

I hear what you are saying but, when the message from the very top of the club says he wants to see us making progress this season, why shouldn't we expect the same.

1 minute ago, screech said:

I hear what you are saying but, when the message from the very top of the club says he wants to see us making progress this season, why shouldn't we expect the same.

Do you not think that they have to say this though? What effect would it have on morale, team performance, ticket sales etc, if they said, we are happy to consolidate and avoid relegation? I will bet that almost every club in this league has made a similar statement every season, because of the type of league it is, even the smallest teams start the season thinking they could be the surprise package. 
People will read what they want into club statements, Manager comments and other stuff coming out of the club, but they should temper it with some realism as well surely?

12 hours ago, 22A said:

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not always like that on here though, is it?!

Just look at the positive reaction to defeats after WBA and Stoke. Because both were seen as good performances.

17 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't it last season that a clampdown on simulation was announced? As with previous alleged clampdowns - holding at set pieces, use of the elbow and so on - it was quickly forgotten by referees.

16 hours ago, 22A said:

Go Back a year ago when Cotterill  was in charge and you will see there true colours

Our support is excellent. Why do people keep having a pop at our supporters. They are excellent away and decent at home. We have the biggest awAy following in 20 years 8k to Man City and are averaging 20k at home. 

This forum may or may not be representative of support as a whole who knows, but people need to say their peace and have a place that’s what it’s for. The laughable idea that we are moamers compared to a club like Birmingham shows that people haven’t been on any of their forums before. 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Wasn't it last season that a clampdown on simulation was announced? As with previous alleged clampdowns - holding at set pieces, use of the elbow and so on - it was quickly forgotten by referees.

Yep I remember maybe 2 instances of it and Bailey being the high profile case and then as you say it went away

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Do you not think that they have to say this though? What effect would it have on morale, team performance, ticket sales etc, if they said, we are happy to consolidate and avoid relegation? I will bet that almost every club in this league has made a similar statement every season, because of the type of league it is, even the smallest teams start the season thinking they could be the surprise package. 
People will read what they want into club statements, Manager comments and other stuff coming out of the club, but they should temper it with some realism as well surely?

So when our self made billionaire owner speaks, we are supposed to temper his comments with some realism ?

Are we therefore to regard what he says as bullshit going forwards ? I personally think being lied to (if we indeed are) is more likely to have an effect on future ticket sales than speaking the truth.

So in future comments along the lines of "going for it" = mid table hopefully, so god help us if next July we are told that its a season to consolidate then..

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

So when our self made billionaire owner speaks, we are supposed to temper his comments with some realism ?

Are we therefore to regard what he says as bullshit going forwards ? I personally think being lied to (if we indeed are) is more likely to have an effect on future ticket sales than speaking the truth.

So in future comments along the lines of "going for it" = mid table hopefully, so god help us if next July we are told that its a season to consolidate then..

Well no, but when it's couched in the right terms it comes across better than suggesting that anything short of promotion is failure. This is the way Johnson put it on Saturday ........ “We have an ambition to get to the play-offs but it’s tough in this division. We aim for the stars and we’ll get to January and see what we can do, see what we can manipulate and see if that can get us the sparkle that we need.”  do you feel he is lying to us or misleading us in some way? He is ambitious, we all are, but the fact is we are a medium sized football club in this division and we have to be realistic too.

5 hours ago, screech said:

Because “want” and “expect” are different words with different meanings. We want to make progress and to close on the top six, but don’t necessarily expect it.

Archived