IGNORED

Birmingham forum

joe jordans teeth

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Because “want” and “expect” are different words with different meanings. We want to make progress and to close on the top six, but don’t necessarily expect it.

..............not when it relates to Mrs Downend's Christmas present! :)

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Do you not think that they have to say this though? What effect would it have on morale, team performance, ticket sales etc, if they said, we are happy to consolidate and avoid relegation? I will bet that almost every club in this league has made a similar statement every season, because of the type of league it is, even the smallest teams start the season thinking they could be the surprise package. 
People will read what they want into club statements, Manager comments and other stuff coming out of the club, but they should temper it with some realism as well surely?

SL was crystal clear - he wanted to see progress on last season, not treading water, or going backwards. I don't know what you can "read" into:

"...get in the top six and vie for promotion at the end of the season"

other than, get in the top six and vie for promotion at the end of the season. 

No "reading" required in that, is there?

He wants to be in the PL, you see, and you can't do that unless you are in the top six of the Championship. At the end of the season.

That's a no-quibble, bare minimum. Only exception being, if you are already in the PL.

It's Lee's job to deliver this.

Nothing to "read" into that. All very clear and transparent. So clear, in fact, that second-guessing or looking for any hidden meaning is not required.

I'd imagine Lee will be given another go next season, though.....

4 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

SL was crystal clear - he wanted to see progress on last season, not treading water, or going backwards. I don't know what you can "read" into:

He wants to be in the PL, you see, and you can't do that unless you are in the top six of the Championship. At the end of the season.

That's a no-quibble, bare minimum. Only exception being, if you are already in the PL.

Nothing to "read" into that. All very clear and transparent. So clear, in fact, that second-guessing or looking for any hidden meaning is not required.

Agreed, SL was hardly cryptic.  Delusional? Yes, but not cryptic.

9 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

SL can say what he likes but LJ is not a miracle worker. 

‘Get us to the PL this season but just so it’s a challenge I’m selling your 2 best defenders and your 20+ goal striker’ 

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

‘Get us to the PL this season but just so it’s a challenge I’m selling your 2 best defenders and your 20+ goal striker’ 

Good luck!

And a key midfield player to injury and your other striker to a 6 match ban on a trumped up charge.

9 hours ago, Rob k said:

Good luck!

Yes, indeed. But bear in mind how highly SL regards LJ's ability in the job. He truly believed LJ has what it takes to work the miracle required. So, has Steve yet reached the point where he has to revise, and lower, his opinion on LJ's ability to promote us from this division? I doubt it. I reckon he will set the bar high again next season, hoping/believing LJ is the most likely head coach to deliver the desired outcome.

Huddersfield finished 19th, below us, the season before they were promoted. Averaging 12,600 crowds. Not sure they had £20m worth of talent to flog. They cut their wages in fact (source: club owner, Dean wassisname). SL will see what is possible elsewhere, see also finishing 7the last season, what Brentford have done etc etc, and believe similar can happen here (what with us having more budget to play with).

The bar is set high because it has to be. We need a minor miracle. The time-frame in which LJ has to work said miracle and meet the required standard will be different from that of most supporters (the excitable ones, particularly).

Archived