IGNORED

Quit moaning !!

barneyrubble

3 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

We are in no rush for the premiership.  We will get there when the time is right.  The championship is the best in the world. 

Of the 53 years I watched City we've been in the top flight four seasons. You might not be in a rush, but my time's running out.

I'm uncertain what you mean by 'when the time is right', for whom? One thing's for sure and that's with the squad and management we have at present that time might as well be the 12th of never.

The Championship isn't the best of anything. It's significantly poorer in standard than it was two years ago (worrying for British football,) and today contains a dozen or so poor sides, of which we are one.

One supports a team through thick and thin, in my case with City that's invariably been thin, but there's a difference in turning out to watch trash players who kept us going on a shoestring when we hit rock bottom, and overpaid, overego'd dross of no better quality. That's simply taking the ****.

3 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

I thought being a supporter was going to games to watch your team , what ever the results are or how we play. I know it's hard and we have seen many games that we wished we didn't but we will always be there , though the good times and bad . We are mid table, and that suits us fine. We are in no rush for the premiership.  We will get there when the time is right.  The championship is the best in the world. 

That’s nice.

Be sure to post when promotion to the premiership suits us and I can make arrangements accordingly.

39 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

We really need to hold back on these posts which are pro LJ and against LJ, it’s getting embarrassing because it helps neither sides agenda. If we can just support the team, focus on tactics, players, performances instead of being overly negative and complaining about other fans. 

I find it bizarre when people say they would rather not go etc etc when we are having an okay season but that’s up to them and if they want to be dramatic, so be it. But don’t put up reactionary posts complaining about other fans when results go the way of your argument and also, don’t just complain for the sake of it. It doesn’t help anyone. 

I just wish we were all a bit more loyal and supportive of the club but also not having rose tinted spectacles on all year round.

I know it’s a forum but it’s gone the way of Brexit recently with two distinct camps! 

Sadly it seems it'll be that way until LJ eventually leaves, regardless of whether he succeeds or fails in that time.

33 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

And as evidenced by the club themselves you can discount that figure by 17-20%. Of the 7 I sit with at least 3 or 4 are empty each fixture.

Football attendances are the number of tickets sold, it's the same at all league clubs. You'll always get some ST holders missing for various reasons anywhere.

33 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Of the 53 years I watched City we've been in the top flight four seasons. You might not be in a rush, but my time's running out.

I'm uncertain what you mean by 'when the time is right', for whom? One thing's for sure and that's with the squad and management we have at present that time might as well be the 12th of never.

The Championship isn't the best of anything. It's significantly poorer in standard than it was two years ago (worrying for British football,) and today contains a dozen or so poor sides, of which we are one.

One supports a team through thick and thin, in my case with City that's invariably been thin, but there's a difference in turning out to watch trash players who kept us going on a shoestring when we hit rock bottom, and overpaid, overego'd dross of no better quality. That's simply taking the ****.

I'm 55 years old , so still no rush. 

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Lots of empty seats should tell you that regardless of counting SC holders the fact is thousands are staying away.

So, can we accuse those who do stay away to be plastic fans?

Real fans support their team through thick and thin, like lots of things in our modern lives some people want instant everything,  be it a new (leased) car or a house full of tech all bought on credit they can’t really afford but want ho have to be assumed successful.

If you want a team with guaranteed success pick one of the top four in the Premier League and become a real plastic fan. 

We all want to be entertained but the reality is we have to also stop the opposition playing which means we sometimes have to play like we have the last few months. Only  once we’ve stabilised, albeit by boring football,  can we then use the fragile confidence the team has to play something more enjoyable. 

Red buttons, Christmas shoppers, crap weather, diabolical parking etc etc are also easy excuses not to turn out to watch a team with the half the crowd just waiting to throw scorn and criticisism their way. 

When we - hopefully, turn the corner to be able to play more watchable football will those missing ‘fans’ suddenly reappear. 

I must say, I do like a nice little moan after a defeat. It's one of the few consolations for the long-suffering football supporter, following a perennially underwhelming football club (I know, I know: we are currently neither under nor over whelming. Currently, we are merely whelming, and pretty much where we should be, given our budget and wages.

That there is one bloke (one or two), upon whom we can load all our woes and sorrows and disappointments and venom for the pitiful/expected state of things currently, is wonderful! Thanks, Lee! Cheers, Steve! Saves trying to be angry with the right person, at the right time, for the right reason and all that (which is such a bloody pfaff. And time consuming). 

We need this, the space to moan about our club and the people at the top doing what we ought to be doing, and could do so much better. We are powerless, and need an outlet. Without it, we go mad, or take up DIY/golf/veg on the sofa.

So, let's not throw the babber out with the bathwater: let's keep a little bit of moaning in football. For good moaning. But banging on, with the same bloody moan, over and over, does get tiresome. 

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

So, can we accuse those who do stay away to be plastic fans?

Real fans support their team through thick and thin, like lots of things in our modern lives some people want instant everything,  be it a new (leased) car or a house full of tech all bought on credit they can’t really afford but want ho have to be assumed successful.

If you want a team with guaranteed success pick one of the top four in the Premier League and become a real plastic fan. 

We all want to be entertained but the reality is we have to also stop the opposition playing which means we sometimes have to play like we have the last few months. Only  once we’ve stabilised, albeit by boring football,  can we then use the fragile confidence the team has to play something more enjoyable. 

Red buttons, Christmas shoppers, crap weather, diabolical parking etc etc are also easy excuses not to turn out to watch a team with the half the crowd just waiting to throw scorn and criticisism their way. 

When we - hopefully, turn the corner to be able to play more watchable football will those missing ‘fans’ suddenly reappear. 

I know plenty of fans who have followed the team for decades who have elected recently to stay away - a superfan like you will call then plastic from the safety of an anonymous forum account, but I can assure you they are anything but.

Your comparables are ridiculous by the way.

I'm not a happy clapper, I've been quite strongly critical of LJ's tactics and selections at times this season.

However this is a great result, Birmingham weren't just unbeaten at home this season but since March or mid-March or similar. A great result by any measure- is there still some discontent or am I misreading?

I'm looking forward to the Norwich game more now- a side who will be top or 2nd by kickoff coming to AG, under the lights in front of Sky cameras.

A side who like to play football too, that could help us turn them around a bit, spring some quick breaks- should be quite a good game anyway.

Archived