IGNORED

Space X launch

Fiale

Good launch but the 1st Stage return went badly. The (great quality) video link showed the vehicle suddenly swinging around as Cape Canaveral loomed into view and was promptly shut down!  :facepalm:   Reports of a 'water landing' was heralded by some oohs and aahs in the background. Still, the Dragon is safely up there now and looking in good order.

Can't help twitching when they mention Merlin engines - I keep thinking of Rolls-Royce's finest going into space...:blush:

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

Good launch but the 1st Stage return went badly. The (great quality) video link showed the vehicle suddenly swinging around as Cape Canaveral loomed into view and was promptly shut down!  :facepalm:   Reports of a 'water landing' was heralded by some oohs and aahs in the background. Still, the Dragon is safely up there now and looking in good order.

Can't help twitching when they mention Merlin engines - I keep thinking of Rolls-Royce's finest going into space...:blush:

It was nice to hear them talk about the 1st stage, they said they had all the telemetry and it would help them further refine the systems in the future - they always sound so passionate about their projects/jobs. I am looking forward to seeing the ISS footage of this now.

Archived