IGNORED

Barry Bannan

AppyDAZE

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

He’s the answer if the price and his wages are right, unfortunately they won’t be

I agree they won’t be. But if they were, what part of his career stats indicate that he’s going to be the missing link that we’ve been looking for to be significantly more creative..? 

His stats, throughout his career aren’t great. As I said above, I know he’s a busy type of player, and I know stats aren’t everything. But if he’s really going to have that much of an impact on a mid table team, then why aren’t Sheffield Wednesday way ahead of us..?

I like Bannan but think it would be wasted money. If we were to splash out money, and Bannan would be very expensive, then I’d rather we go and raid Preston again for either Ben Pearson or Alan Browne. Both 23, experienced at this level and imo would improve our midfield. 

28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree they won’t be. But if they were, what part of his career stats indicate that he’s going to be the missing link that we’ve been looking for to be significantly more creative..? 

His stats, throughout his career aren’t great. As I said above, I know he’s a busy type of player, and I know stats aren’t everything. But if he’s really going to have that much of an impact on a mid table team, then why aren’t Sheffield Wednesday way ahead of us..?

I don’t think a lot about any sort of statistics to be honest as they never paint the whole picture (lies, damned lies and statistics) I always prefer what I see with my own eyes and there is no doubt he is one of the classiest players in this division, if we were ever going to try to get him then last January would of been the time but as most of stated, that considering his age/fee/wages there wouldn’t be much value/point now

55 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So , not the answer then .

I'm all for giving our youngsters a chance . 

We aren't going up and it doesn't look like we're one of the three worst teams in this division so let's see now if Morrell and his contemporaries can step up .

Give them game time , ease them in .

Totally agree, would be great to see Walsh and Morrell get some serious game time - either are better option than Pato sort of playing midfield!

12 hours ago, forbespm said:

Good player,I would be happy to see him play for city

So would I. Top player.

Imv he’s just the type of midfielder City could use especially as Walsh is now out injured but I’m not sure LJ sees that need despite him being a former midfielder himself. 

Brownhill just doesn’t have the creativity and not for the first time I sat there watching the Millwall match and it looked so obvious to me that we were lacking in midfield and something I’ve been banging on about pretty much all season.

Think as other posters have said he maybe a season or so past getting the value out of him that we'd need to given what his cost/s would be. 

Given I feel we will be unthreatened by relegation or promotion this season, would like us to be brave & continue to see Walsh (when fit again) and Morrell. 

I think keeping a regular back 4 should enable LJ to rotate a little more in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

I like Bannan but think it would be wasted money. If we were to splash out money, and Bannan would be very expensive, then I’d rather we go and raid Preston again for either Ben Pearson or Alan Browne. Both 23, experienced at this level and imo would improve our midfield. 

Fantastic shouts. Pearson would give us that bite and nastiness that we’ve been missing for years.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. And Britton, Woods, Allen as well all very short holding players. I think Walsh needs to continue to improve his strength and improve his defensive abilities to be able to play that role. But I don't see why he can't, as he already has the work rate and bit of nastiness I like. He likes a tackle. If he was to play there then I think he wouldnt have to come so deep like Pack. He can pick the ball up in tighter positions in front of the defence, rather than in the defence.

Just to throw in another possibility, Tyreeq Bakinson seems to be making some waves at Newport, we might look to bring him back in January to bolster the bench, would signing a Bannon type player block the pathway for players like him, Lemmonheigh-Evans or Jake Andrews?  I know the latter are playing at Torquay, but particularly in the case of Evans, I get the impression that's more to do with the Torquay Manager than the level he is capable of. It seems to me that more emphasis is placed on playing against men, than the level of football.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So would I. Top player.

Imv he’s just the type of midfielder City could use especially as Walsh is now out injured but I’m not sure LJ sees that need despite him being a former midfielder himself. 

Brownhill just doesn’t have the creativity and not for the first time I sat there watching the Millwall match and it looked so obvious to me that we were lacking in midfield and something I’ve been banging on about pretty much all season.

something I’ve been banging on about pretty much all season  -

as has pretty much everybody else.

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I reckon we need to bring in a Fulham left back on loan in January....together with a bit-part Cardiff City striker....

I think if Bobby was at any other club in the PL and getting the same amount of game time we could well be in with a shout but can`t see Mr. W wanting to do our Lee any favours sadly.

10 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

I'd rather see George Dowling give a chance rather than that Scottish **** at least the club and shirt will mean something and save ourselves 30/40k in the process all about DNA remember!! 

Jeez......comparing an inexperienced youngster to an established and classy Championship midfielder is completely ridiculous.

He was with us for a while before given his chance and sent to Plymouth if you remember then brought back and put in midfield then LJ realized he could actually score goals and suddenly BANG.... and for the record BR didn't want to go the board didn't offer jackshit for him to stay which is ridiculous considering wot he done in a season it's called ambition and the club didn't show him that..... JB can go in that bracket aswell..... 2nd this time last year and then we say we don't want promotion so wot message does that send to the players??? Then we go on shocking runs funny that hay!!! 

Archived