IGNORED

Barry Bannan

AppyDAZE

Should we, could we?

Seems he's well pissed off at Wednesday right now.

Looks like exactly the sort of guy we are looking for in midfield.

We ALL saw him at AG and liked the look.

January is only a few weeks away,  LJ, SL et al  Over to you...

Show some spunk if you're serious about progressing (progress being your words, SL who i love btw)

He can be a horrible nasty bastard - if theres a chance we could get him then we need to go for it!!

Personally dont think we'd ever go for him, as I'm sure that not so long ago it was "rumoured" that he was on something like £30-40k. How close that number is to reality, I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think I prefer the idea of trying to pinch Herbie Kane on loan in January

20 y/o  or a 29 y/o?   I think I know what we are more in need of right now

We've got plenty of "for the futures"  BB over the kid, for now I could well be wrong

Heey but even LJ gets it wrong a bit

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

20 y/o  or a 29 y/o   I think I know what we are more in need of right now

We've got plenty of "for the futures"  BB over the kid, for now I could well be wrong

Heey even LJ gets it wrong a bit

Don't think age comes into it just standard of performance, hungry player going back to the club he supports or player who will cost a big transfer well over our record and probably on almost double our top earners. Would we just be another pay cheque to Bannan? How much desire would there be if things are getting tough in games? We know January markets teams pay over the odds for players, so someone like Herbie on loan till the summer market could be a better option.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't think age comes into it just standard of performance, hungry player going back to the club he supports or player who will cost a big transfer well over our record and probably on almost double our top earners. Would we just be another pay cheque to Bannan? How much desire would there be if things are getting tough in games? We know January markets teams pay over the odds for players, so someone like Herbie on loan till the summer market could be a better option.

Good points, but I really really really reckon we are in need of no more young, for the future players. What we need now is NOUS. A been there done it trait to our team, and I think we will be fine.

Heyy all about opinions

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Good points, but I really really really reckon we are in need of no more young, for the future players. What we need now is NOUS. A been there done it trait to our tean, and I think we will be fine.

Heyy all about opinions

Herbie wouldn't be a 'one for the future' as he wouldn't be with us in X amount of years when he's developed. We'd be looking at him thinking can he make the impact now. Gary O'Neil had 'been there done it' but didn't work out here.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Herbie wouldn't be a 'one for the future' as he wouldn't be with us in X amount of years when he's developed. We'd be looking at him thinking can he make the impact now. Gary O'Neil had 'been there done it' but didn't work out here.

Fancy bringing him up..  G O'N   what a disappointment that guy was.

Shit why is it so hard supporting City??

50 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think I prefer the idea of trying to pinch Herbie Kane on loan in January

Having seen Kane play for Liverpool u23 at Ashton Gate last season, he is a very good player for his age.

However, if we are going to develop anyone, it should be Joe Morrell. He's been with us a long time and I believe he is ready to play his part in our growth as a club. Good engine, not easily dispossessed, always looking for a forward pass.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Having seen Kane play for Liverpool u23 at Ashton Gate last season, he is a very good player for his age.

However, if we are going to develop anyone, it should be Joe Morrell. He's been with us a long time and I believe he is ready to play his part in our growth as a club. Good engine, not easily dispossessed, always looking for a forward pass.

I think we need another though, Walsh out for a while, if Smith doesn't come back on top form straight away then you're looking at Pack, Brownhill and Morrell, need another option even with Smith to allow for rotation in there. 

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Side issue maybe, but I reckon BCFC could well do with a bit of a Scottish icon at the Gate.

It's sort of in our make up the Scottish connection, back to the Dicks golden era, Scotty, Joe etc etc

Straw clutching?  probably  :laugh:

Foster, Pearson, Mcmanus, Wilson, Wilson, Kelly ?

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Marcus Stewart, that is all.

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not sure if BB is a realistic option. But we are definitely crying out for a creative midfielder. Which is easier said than done. Also need KS back fit . 

Is 895 mins per goal and exactly the same, 895 mins per assist, really that creative..? 

Hes a decent, busy player, but I don’t think he’s worth what his fee & wages are likely to be. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Walsh is potentially as good or even better in the future than Bannan. Bannan would cost a lot of money that can be spent on other areas.

We have needed, IMO, a creative midfielder ever since Wade Elliott retired. I consider that we would now be a much stronger contender at the top end of the Championship with what my father always called "a tin opener in midfield", who would also chip in with more goals than our current midfield put together. To sign such a player would cost a lot and we'd have intense competition from many other clubs for him.

However, if we signed a Barry Bannan or similar, would we be blocking the pathway for Morrell, Bakinson and others? It's the quandary that will never diminish while we have very good youngsters in our Academy. Damned if we do and damned if we don't!

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Walsh is potentially as good or even better in the future than Bannan. Banman would cost a lot of money that can be spent on other areas.

Agree. Have said the same myself. There is a topic here talking about how deep Marlon Pack was on Saturday. Think Walsh playing that “pivot” role would suit him oh so well. People go on about size but height isn’t always necessary. He is not weak and will also get stuck in. Watching Torreira play at Arsenal and Sampdoria I get the similar feeling to Walsh. Shame about the injury but he was well under utilised before that anyway imo. 

10 hours ago, wood_red said:

No chance he comes here, prob cost too much and high wages. Walsh is our 'Bannan', if he can get on the pitch....

He’s out for 10 weeks, injured at Ipswich. A real shame as he was just getting into the midfield role too.

59 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree we do. Not convinced that Bannan is the answer, or even someone we’d consider at his age & cost. There will not be any re-sale value to him. 

He’s the answer if the price and his wages are right, unfortunately they won’t be

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

He’s the answer if the price and his wages are right, unfortunately they won’t be

So , not the answer then .

I'm all for giving our youngsters a chance . 

We aren't going up and it doesn't look like we're one of the three worst teams in this division so let's see now if Morrell and his contemporaries can step up .

Give them game time , ease them in .

Archived