IGNORED

Saikou Janneh and the Torquay promotion push

Denbury Red

While a couple of them are older I don’t think being part of something special like a push to win a league will do their development any harm. If an offer from a league club comes up then ot needs to be looked at but at the moment they are all playing well and gaining a massive amount of confidence. If they win the league all 4 players will be on L2 radars I am sure. Plenty of time for a higher standard for all 4 lads. I’d probably try to get Dowling there too especially if Andrews or Evans moves up. 

On 10/12/2018 at 09:07, Robbored said:

Give what a rest Redoxo? 

I simply saying that although it’s good to hear that our loanee’s are looking good it means very little as our opinions are irrelevant.

Its qualified coaches like Brian Tinnion whose opinions carries any weight.

Mods - can we close down OTIB...the whole forum...the lot.  

Or put us all on “view-only” and invite Tinnion, LJ and SL to do all the posting on here.

FFS ?

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ll be at Twerton Park next Saturday to see Torquay against Bath City - walking distance for me.  Might be worth a look, even for those with further to go.

Especially as we are away to Forest that day. Good option if people are at a loose end.

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ll be at Twerton Park next Saturday to see Torquay against Bath City - walking distance for me.  Might be worth a look, even for those with further to go.

Hoping to get to this one myself, Torquay have sold 1000 tickets apparently, could be a gate of 2500 plus, big gate for Bath.

On 10/12/2018 at 14:38, CodeRed said:

Often enough though to open, read, and negatively comment on nearly every ""Loan Thead"..........................I knew as soon as I read the word Torquay in the thread title you would be along to negatively comment due to the Gary Johnson connection..............even though it must be 10 years since he called you out !

His arse is still sore.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

With numerous City players in both sides and both teams playing well, it should be an enjoyable and very interesting match.

In particular, it will offer the opportunity to compare Torquay's promising and in-form Janneh with Bath's recent signing, Freddie Hinds, the latter apparently having an excellent match last time out in the 0-0 draw away to Slough, hitting the woodwork and only narrowly failing to score on several occasions.

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Hoping to get to this one myself, Torquay have sold 1000 tickets apparently, could be a gate of 2500 plus, big gate for Bath.

Torquay apparently have quite a large away following, so your prediction of a 2,500 crowd could well prove right.

I am intrigued, however, as to how and why Bath's recent visit to Dulwich attracted a crowd in excess of 3,000.

Do you have any idea why?

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

With numerous City players in both sides and both teams playing well, it should be an enjoyable and very interesting match.

In particular, it will offer the opportunity to compare Torquay's promising and in-form Janneh with Bath's recent signing, Freddie Hinds, the latter apparently having an excellent match last time out in the 0-0 draw away to Slough, hitting the woodwork and only narrowly failing to score on several occasions.

Torquay apparently have quite a large away following, so your prediction of a 2,500 crowd could well prove right.

I am intrigued, however, as to how and why Bath's recent visit to Dulwich attracted a crowd in excess of 3,000.

Do you have any idea why?

They are the hipsters' team:

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/aug/23/dulwich-hamlet-londons-most-hipster-football-club

22 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Ha Ha.

Thanks for the link, and that would explain the high attendance: I must say it all seems a lot different from my one and only visit to Dulwich Hamlet; an extremely 'interesting' 0-0 draw with Corinthian Casuals in the FA Cup back in the early 1980s.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha Ha.

Thanks for the link, and that would explain the high attendance: I must say it all seems a lot different from my one and only visit to Dulwich Hamlet; an extremely 'interesting' 0-0 draw with Corinthian Casuals in the FA Cup back in the early 1980s.

That was lively, didn’t realise a newspaper could be such a dangerous weapon !!!!

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha Ha.

Yep, the whole day was just full of surprises!

Archived