IGNORED

'Meet the biohackers...'

Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Saw some of a feature on the news just now.

I don't pretend to know the full science of it but the premise here is people being chipped- but the bet I don't get is they're chipped VOLUNTARILY.

Sounds a slippery slope to me- would anyone on here get voluntarily chipped?

Mmmmm....chips.

it's going to happen at some point. A bio chip with all your health data, tracking, job, payment system, passwords for access to any/everything (your personal electronics) you have clearance for, tickets, passport. It will start as a convenience, and then become a necessity and then compulsory as the system built around them becomes the norm. Luckily not in my life time, but hey I used to get paid in cash in a Brown envelope only able to take money from by bank account by queuing and interacting with a real life bank teller, and don't get me started on phones etc.....   so who knows, tech is amazing, but also could be a little scary.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Saw some of a feature on the news just now.

I don't pretend to know the full science of it but the premise here is people being chipped- but the bet I don't get is they're chipped VOLUNTARILY.

Sounds a slippery slope to me- would anyone on here get voluntarily chipped?

The “slippery slope” argument doesn’t really wash with me. Any government that wants to force its population to be chipped is going to be the sort of government that would just force it through anyway.

I doubt I’ll ever bother to get a chip installed into me. It’d have to have some REALLY good benefits for me to even consider it.

But never say never. Who a few decades ago would have believed people would willingly carry a device in their pockets that tracks their every move?

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

The “slippery slope” argument doesn’t really wash with me. Any government that wants to force its population to be chipped is going to be the sort of government that would just force it through anyway.

I doubt I’ll ever bother to get a chip installed into me. It’d have to have some REALLY good benefits for me to even consider it.

But never say never. Who a few decades ago would have believed people would willingly carry a device in their pockets that tracks their every move?

Yeah you're probably right- force it through they will. On the theme of phones, supposing batteries removed etc? Always an interesting hypothetical to wonder just how tracked we are.

@Fiale Yeah it could well come in, fact some people are willingly volunteering will only help speed that up if anything- people volunteering is some scary stuff.

Archived