IGNORED

Last season's highest paid player

Kid in the Riot

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd actually forgotten about GON (easily done to be fair) and it could well be him.

What I do know is that our current highest paid player is on £18k per week and last season Lois Diony was on £20k per week ?

Who’s the current highest? Baker/Weimann presumably? 

£20k for Diony. Jesus. 

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd actually forgotten about GON (easily done to be fair) and it could well be him.

What I do know is that our current highest paid player is on £18k per week and last season Lois Diony was on £20k per week ?

To be honest I expect the figures to be higher. About 10 years ago when Southampton were in the Championship they were paying a couple of their players, not their star players either, £13,000 a week.  

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yyou've been rummaging through the waste bins of Clifton coffee shops again?

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Accepting your usual accuracy  Kid

I bet that went down well in the dressing room 

£400k in wages wasted before any loan fee

And people thought we’d be mad to pay £30-£40k for a proven striker on a loan 

May as well have rather than waste it at half the cost

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I heard him and Kent were all on very high wages...as well as GoN.

I'm surprised at the Diony figure though...as I can't imagine he was on that at St Etienne. Think the average for that team is about £13,000/15,000.

If in any other business you wasted money like that you'd be fired. 

So when we take the Ryan Kent “penalty clause” into account we spunked over a million quid on two players who added sweet fa to the club in the cold light of day!!

As a poster above says in any other business someone would be held publicly accountable for that!!! All hindsight I know but we could have stuck in an Academy player in place of Diony and got more out of them without laying a bean!!

Just now, Lew-T said:

I thought Weimann would be on more than 18K to be honest.

£18k is the basic and as @billywedlock says the overall contract will have various other bonuses plus a signing-on fee which can be spread across the contract, meaning in reality it is a fair bit more.

Our Head Coach incidentally earns £500k pa.

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

I heard him and Kent were all on very high wages...as well as GoN.

I'm surprised at the Diony figure though...as I can't imagine he was on that at St Etienne. Think the average for that team is about £13,000/15,000.

Maybe the 20k was what we were paying St.Etienne to cover wages and the fee? 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

£18k is the basic and as @billywedlock says the overall contract will have various other bonuses plus a signing-on fee which can be spread across the contract, meaning in reality it is a fair bit more.

Interesting assuming it’s true especially when he talks about giving the players “love”. If I was on £0.5m a year to manage players on double my money with my head on the block and playing like Weimann has recently “love” would be the furthest thing from my mind!!

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I would be interested to see how LJ’s salary compares to his peers in this league. As a pure guess I would say it is like the rest of our club at the moment, middle of the road.

Do you know how much of Diony's wage we paid?

Archived