IGNORED

Vote of no convidence

Redmycolour

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Closer to the top six than the bottom three. Embarrassing. 

True which is why Im content at the moment.

The issue for me is still this - if you hadn't looked at the league table, would we of looked much like a top half team?

Because in my book that's definately questionable. We've been incredibly lucky. The main reason I'm content is the Birmingham game, a tight fixture which we showed a bit of grit and got across the line.

If we play Norwich and actually show a bit of composure and determination - fair play LJ - if we sit back and focus on countering Farke's tactics while playing at home? I'd be a bit disappointed we weren't more brave.

My issue isn't the league table, I just feel a manager with an actual visible and appropriate system could do better.

You don't get anywhere without risk.

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The issue for me is still this - if you hadn't looked at the league table, would we of looked much like a top half team?

Because in my book that's definately questionable. We've been incredibly lucky. The main reason I'm content is the Birmingham game, a tight fixture which we showed a bit of grit and got across the line.

If we play Norwich and actually show a bit of composure and determination - fair play LJ - if we sit back and focus on countering Farke's tactics while playing at home? I'd be a bit disappointed we weren't more brave.

My issue isn't the league table, I just feel a manager with an actual visible and appropriate system could do better.

I don’t disagree with the fact that LJ isnt the man to take us to the premier league, but the general massive overreaction to a couple of results either way just really grates on me. 

If we were permanently rooted to the bottom three and the board refused to take action it’s a very different story to being an average if completely unimpressive side, and then threads like this would have some actual merit. 

59 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Why can't us supporters do with LJ, what MPs are doing with TM, vote of no convidence in leadership, should be brought into football, just an idea, 

So we can then nominate a supporter to take over? Tommy in!!

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

What 1-0 makes a difference does it, 

Unfortunately this forum is all about timing.

If you posted this after a shocking performance and defeat you would get much likes but you posted it after a win and that merits many pathetic egg-plant that looks like a hard purple cock reactions and even more pathetic - the old picking up on a spelling mistake comment.

It is just a case of understanding that you MUST hate or love the manager - there can be no rational concerns about performance or individuals at the club. Choose a side !!

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

Why can't us supporters do with LJ, what MPs are doing with TM, vote of no convidence in leadership, should be brought into football, just an idea, 

A better idea would be to have votes of no confidence for posters on this forum.

Should tidy things up a bit!

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If you have no confidence with a head coach who has us in 13th in the championship  then I imagine you’ve had no confidence on any manager, bar his father, in the last 25 years?

A bit like politics....... no matter who you vote for a Manager gets in 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Have we been incredibly lucky though? Think that's overstating it a bit tbh. May have rode our luck at times but then again we've had games where we created more than we scored (think Stoke, arguably Millwall, Kelly hits post v Sheff Wed at 0-0 but that goes in, it'd be a totally different game).

Birmingham are a very hard side to beat away- arguably even rode our luck there but a great result nonetheless- what they do under Monk is drag the game down a bit, he's not so bad as Pulis or similar in terms of anti football but he is quite pragmatic even at home. Makes them very hard to beat at St Andrews or has done to date so yeah a win there is excellent.

Agree his tactics could be better, it's a fine balancing act though- v Sheff Utd last game of last season in the first half we went out with a 4-4-2 with wingers and full backs- didn't take much account of the opposition and my abiding memory apart from the being 3 down in under 40 mins was how easily they got through the midfield first half.

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

Good post , sums it up for me , and My current hope is..........

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

Exactly this ,

I think or hope it does Redmycolour, as did  the win at Brentford etc

Resilience , doggedness ?

Theres a lot to be said for digging out 1-0 s ,  and the doggedness at least , in winning at Ipswich etc

In a better world we would sweep most sides away home and away but I like the signs of 1-0 away wins

My personal hope ....

My hope is LJ has adjusted / changed this season to make us more solid (Position in Possession , Position in Possession , Marlons cage) and just not got the balance quite right atm

Making us more solid if that’s the theory , isn’t the worst idea

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

It’s not just a random 1-0 though, is it..?!

You are asking off the back of 7 points from the last 3 games, including 2 away wins. 

I was growing a little concerned that LJ wouldn’t be able to turn things around again at the end of November. He has, for now. 

I don’t know what people expect would happen if LJ leaves. Who do you realistically, honestly think we’d have a chance of bringing in, and what’s to say that they’d be any better than LJ..? 

Archived