IGNORED

Joe Bryan, how's he doing so far?

reddogkev

I haven't seen much Prem football this season, so just wondering how Bryan is faring.  Appreciate where Fulham are in the table, so probably not doing too well, I suspect!

Also, does anyone know if he's enjoying the Fulham experience, putting much stuff on Twitter etc?

I've tried to read a few match reports but haven't really found anything of note r.e our Joe, other than the fact he played the full 90 mins in the recent 4-1 defeat to Man Utd.

Anything to satisfy my curiosity would be of interest.  Cheers.

Was out injured for a good month or so, Fulham fans seemed keen on him after the first couple of games and Ranieri seems to like him based off an interview a while ago. Always going to be hard to stand out in what was (not sure if still is) the leakiest defence in the top 5 leagues in Europe.

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Was out injured for a good month or so, Fulham fans seemed keen on him after the first couple of games and Ranieri seems to like him based off an interview a while ago. Always going to be hard to stand out in what was (not sure if still is) the leakiest defence in the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Cheers, didn't know he was injured.  What a cruel world, I might be wrong but I can't recall him ever being injured with us.  I'm pleased he now has the chance to work with Ranieri, after what he did with Leicester, perhaps he'll find some magic to help Joe flourish.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Apparently Hyde Park and along the Thames , are excellent dog walking routes

Hope for him that he gets fit and with Fulham looking down the barrel, gets his games in the Prem

Yeah I want him to play a fair share of games and hopefully become an established Premier League player.  Don't want to see him against us next season in the Championship!

He's doing exactly what those who saw him play for us fully expected. Massively exposed defensively, shipped two howlers again Saturday, but then he never could defend. Going forward he creates the odd chance but with Sessegnon well in front of him in the pecking order its either bit part or being asked to fill a role he's Ill-equipped to handle.

With his weekly wage packet however there are worse problems for him to encounter.

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

He's doing exactly what those who saw him play for us fully expected. Massively exposed defensively, shipped two howlers again Saturday, but then he never could defend. Going forward he creates the odd chance but with Sessegnon well in front of him in the pecking order its either bit part or being asked to fill a role he's Ill-equipped to handle.

With his weekly wage packet however there are worse problems for him to encounter.

It's good to see you're not bitter about him leaving then.

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He's not wrong tbh, everyone could see Joe wasn't strong enough defensively to be a pl left back 

421 minutes is enough to prove 'everyone' right, is it?

What I saw is a player who consistently did well over a decent period of time in the Championship. He had ups and downs in form, but he earned a chance at a higher level in my view.

A chance is something he's hopefully going to get, but clearly you and some others aren't willing to give him one.

8 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

421 minutes is enough to prove 'everyone' right, is it?

What I saw is a player who consistently did well over a decent period of time in the Championship. He had ups and downs in form, but he earned a chance at a higher level in my view.

A chance is something he's hopefully going to get, but clearly you and some others aren't willing to give him one.

I never said he's proved everyone right, time will tell about that. 

However, he wasn't good enough defensively in the championship and so I doubt he will be in the premiership either. 

Of course I'm going to give him a chance, being the Joe Bryan Fans Club's founding member it's in my blood ?

However, sometimes you can't look through rose tinted glasses. I hope he succeeds but he didn't show enough in the championship to mean that he'll succeed in the prem

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

He suffered a hamstring tear at Goodson Pk and was out for a few weeks but is now fit again and back in the frame.

As Dave says he’s more effective as a wing back rather than a regular LB. It’ll be interesting to see if Ranieri plays him in that role.

Make up your mind! You are known for ‘rubbishing’ posts and threads about players and managers that are no longer with us....usually with a ‘don’t care’ type comment - but now you’ve got an opinion...and you often mention GJ too...so are you interested in ex employees or not?!

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I never said he's proved everyone right, time will tell about that. 

However, he wasn't good enough defensively in the championship and so I doubt he will be in the premiership either. 

Of course I'm going to give him a chance, being the Joe Bryan Fans Club's founding member it's in my blood ?

However, sometimes you can't look through rose tinted glasses. I hope he succeeds but he didn't show enough in the championship to mean that he'll succeed in the prem

Well, never knew your user name stood for that, I've learned something new today.  He definitely showed in flashes that he has undoubted Premier League class, perhaps he just needs a good coach to help him show it consistently.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Well, never knew your user name stood for that, I've learned something new today.  He definitely showed in flashes that he has undoubted Premier League class, perhaps he just needs a good coach to help him show it consistently.

Going forward he defnlintely did, on a regular basis as well. 

However defensively, I don't think he showed enough solidity to be a premier league regular left back. 

Hope I'm wrong, but he seemed to be at his best for us going forward and that's where I can see him progressing 

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

It's good to see you're not bitter about him leaving then.

Not bitter in the slightest. Played midfield he was ok but no more, at the back an utter liability. The fact Fulham paid what they did for him is great news for us.

58 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Make up your mind! You are known for ‘rubbishing’ posts and threads about players and managers that are no longer with us....usually with a ‘don’t care’ type comment - but now you’ve got an opinion...and you often mention GJ too...so are you interested in ex employees or not?!

Bryan and Reid are Bristol City academy graduates which is why I follow how they’re progressing. I’d take the same interest in Kelly when he moves on.

I don’t think he was a liability at LB, not in the Champ.  He got exposed a few times, but normally when left exposed (3-3 v Sunderland).  Any winger would like space to run at their full-back like happened that day.

Joe was quick, and this got him out of trouble more often that not.  I’m not dismissing that he wasn’t a natural defender, but he still was one of our better performers over the last couple of years.  His attacking qualities more than made up for it imho.

Stepping up to the Prem is tough.

He is more than capable of making that step-up, but he will need to work on it.

50 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

At the back an utter liability.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. I think you're being incredibly harsh on an excellent championship player, and hopefully given proper time, a thoroughly decent premier league player.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. I think you're being incredibly harsh on an excellent championship player, and hopefully given proper time, a thoroughly decent premier league player.

Well, the day he learns not to stand 5 yards off an opponent such the ball over is always a given he might have a chance, as would be his ability to concentrate and not switch off when failing to spot danger ( Manure's second and third Saturday good examples of him man marking and spatially being pulled all over the shop - though Fulham at the back are dire.) Review our goals conceded previous two seasons and watch his positioning (often marking the junction of the 6 yard box and little else.)

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

However defensively, I don't think he showed enough solidity to be a premier league regular left back

You have clearly forgotten his role in our cup run - he was excellent defensively against top teams and players - remember that goal saving one on one tackle against Manchester (can,t remember which) for example?

8 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

You have clearly forgotten his role in our cup run - he was excellent defensively against top teams and players - remember that goal saving one on one tackle against Manchester (can,t remember which) for example?

The one on Rashford? 

Excellent tackle I agree, but one slide tackle doesn't make someone a good defender...

Archived